The Isleys>

chiefwiggum

Banned
Any other group with any element of their music. Jackson 5 is coming in close but Footsteps, Don't Say Goodnight, Between the Sheets! Perfect tempo, tensity, rhythms and use of time IMO. Appreciated.

That Lady just came on shuffle 
pimp.gif

I was just listening to these dudes and wanted to actually make a post.. I'm glad I saw this.. How much of their career is covering other artists songs? I got their Essential Double disc, and songs like twist and shout are on it.. i doubt they did it first. theres another song, summer breeze.. they did a damn good job on it, but its a slow rock song.. just curious if u guys can help

Originally Posted by greatone632

I was just listening to these dudes and wanted to actually make a post.. I'm glad I saw this.. How much of their career is covering other artists songs? I got their Essential Double disc, and songs like twist and shout are on it.. i doubt they did it first. theres another song, summer breeze.. they did a damn good job on it, but its a slow rock song.. just curious if u guys can help

I dont know about twist & shout but Seals & Crofts covered summer breeze first

They wrote "Shout," which IMO is on par with or better than "Twist and Shout."
Listen to the compilation album "The Definitive Collection." Such great songs that I didn't realize were all Isley Brothers until I heard the album. Some that I love:

- Shout

- This Old Heart of Mine

- Contagious - the dialogue at the end is one of my favorites... "oh, it's about to be some #$%#. how did i get into this? should've never came home with this !++%%." ... "wait. how you know my name, son?" 

- Just Came Here to Chill - personal favorite

Ron has such a good pissed off pimp voice.

I swear I was just trying to find a greatest hits cd from them.  Why don't we make a must have playlist?  
At your best

Summer Breeze

Who's that lady

Between the Sheets

Footsteps in the dark

Back
Top Bottom