The Kid Griffey Jr. wearing the BEST cleats in the Game!

I believe so. Could be wrong but I don't think he's wore the patent prior to Friday's game.
----------Sig. start----------

GRIFFEY EVERYTHING!

Finally had some time to upload the pics from the Angels/Reds series a couple weeks ago, so here are the Griffey shots (I think #s 1 and 3 came out nice):

#1- warming up:

#2- warming up:

#3- batting:

#4- batting:

#5, his cleats (you can't really see them that well at all
frown.gif
):

And since this is NikeTalk, here are the kicks I wore:

There's a few other pics from the game in the thread I made in the Sports Forum: LAA @ CIN pics (I've been crazy busy, so they're crazy late)
SELL ME NEON AM360/AM95 HYBRIDS, SZ. 11/11.5! (YES, this is current! NO, I dont have them! Get at me!)​
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

^ You really do, my man.

Actually, I'm only an hour and a half away from Cincy myself, and I need to take advantage of only being an hour and a half away from my favorite hitter ever just the same as you do.

It just feels like I'm cheating on my Angels if I go to like... a Reds/Pirates game, because I would (obviously) be cheering for the Reds, since that's Griffey's team. lol You know? How the heck can I cheer for the Angels at a Reds/Braves game?

And there's no way I could watch with no interest.
SELL ME NEON AM360/AM95 HYBRIDS, SZ. 11/11.5! (YES, this is current! NO, I dont have them! Get at me!)​
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

I have seen Griffey play at Wrigley a few times -- I'll upload the pics I do have tonight. I usually sit in the bleachers and get there early just so I can sit by his position. I recall a few years ago during a pitching change in the 6th or 7th, Austin Kearns-Griff and Adam Dunn were huddled up in centerfield, not far from the warning track. The Wrigley Bleacher Bums were getting unruly with Austin Kearns, calling him and his mom names......getting under his skin. Kearns started mouthing back and Dunn & Grif had to restrain him!
flintgreynt@gmail.commyspace.com/flintgreynt

heelntoe: SICK pictures man! I only got to see the ceremony on mlb.com but it gave me chills... and those Ichiro Asics! i was literally like :wow:
eek.gif
never seen em before...

P.S. I know ya'll caugh the interview when he said he's gonna retired a Mariner :D
happy.gif
GO M's!!i'm white. since that matters....I'm moving up in the shoe game at break-neck speed...

heelntoe wit my ny..

you should post those pics in here

:pimp:
pimp.gif
For a dummy, you make a lot of sense
TEAMMARVEL​

yo babylebron

awesome ticket! do you have a higher-res version of the swingman logo?

any of you old-school M's cats still got that Refuse To Lose video they released after the '95 season?

SinnerP: thanks man, it's an original, unused tix from their inaugural game. I made the swingman last night, heres a couple...lemme know if you want a different colorway (sorry, these are as hi-res as it gets)

-mike

i'm white. since that matters....I'm moving up in the shoe game at break-neck speed...

mike, do you mind if I use the blk/white o ne as my avy?
flintgreynt@gmail.commyspace.com/flintgreynt

flint: not a problem man. anybody else that wants to use them, feel free as well...

-Mike

i'm white. since that matters....

I'm moving up in the shoe game at break-neck speed...

What's goin' on, Mike? Thanks for the kind words. It was an awesome weekend. I definitely had the time of my life.

*EDIT* - BTW, Mike. You might like this. The joys of living in the northwest is that you have fans that sometimes lose their love of the game or their interests change.

I don't usually garage sale hop but when I drove by I saw a bunch of basketballs in hard plastic memorabilia holders.

Good thing I stopped. I picked up this 16x20 signed and framed Griffey pic (PSA cert'd w/Spence :D
happy.gif
$25$3. I gave the ball to my brother so no pics right now.

I'm undecided on whether or not I prefer the older gen. auto where the "Y" underlines but I'll take it :wink:
wink.gif
2006217719086937032_rs.jpg
----------

GRIFFEY EVERYTHING!

Fantastic Mike... thanks...

I shoulda bought that swingman cap back then when I had the chance...

yo I'm a grown @#%$ man but I almost got emotional when JR came back and was trippin on his speech. I remember when Niketown Seattle first opened...you saw the biggest picture of Griffey right there...part of me still has hopeof him playing one more season in Seattle. But almost all the griffeys were hot..I say almost all because those griffey shox were terrible.

^ I was just telling my little brother about that. The whole side of Niketown was a picture of Griffey.

I hear ya on the Shox. Eeeewww.

GRIFFEY EVERYTHING!

looks like we got a few "Refuse To Lose" old-timers in here... those were the good ol days...

heelntoe: man what a sick pickup! I'm not a big fan of the "underline y" sig either, but for $25 you cant beat it! that is my favorite M's jersey as well, I still need to snag one off the Bay. did you happen to see the commemorative balls that Jr signed for charity? I was so hurt when I found out they were only $100 and I never had a chance at one. good stuff as usual tho man, you know how envious I am :wink:
wink.gif
EDIT:i'm white. since that matters....I'm moving up in the shoe game at break-neck speed...

^You sold your dual? Ah man!

Yeah, the commemorative balls went FAST! They thought that there'd be some left over on Saturday. Once I heard that I laughed. Not when you consider the circumstances and the price.

GRIFFEY EVERYTHING!

Back
Top Bottom