The Knicks should trade for Amar'e THIS offseason

yes i think Amare > Lee. Lee plays no defense either...

but noo i wouldnt do that trade though. Lets just be patient people. This summer lets focus on moving curry AND/OR jefferies

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

David Lee > Amare.

D.Lee plays defense. Double-double every night.

Amare is beasty but he don't play D being so athletic he should avg 2-3 blocks a game.
smh.gif
Only in the NT sports forum I swear

I think what he means is that D Lee > Amare in terms of what is needed for the team. Obviously, Amare is more talented.

It's sorta like the Pistons trading Chauncey Billups for AI. They gave up chemistry and defense for scoring.... eerr..... look at what happened to them.
Horrible analogy...you're comparing swapping big men to swapping point guards. That's two totally different situations. Point guard spot is the most important on the floor. Replacing Lee with Stoudemire doesn't effect chemistry and what is this defense you all are talking about.

This is a classic case of "basketball sterotyping"...the "blue collar, hard working" big man (Lee) has to put more work into his output than a talented guy like Stoudemire so he immediately picks up that "tough hard nosed" defender label. David Lee is no stand out defender. I don't see how ANYONE would rather have David Lee than Stoudemire under any circumstance.

Let's forget David Lee for a minute.

I still don't think Amare would be the answer for the knicks.

Maybe I am biased. I really don't like Amare
roll.gif

And yes to the guy who wants Chris Bosh stead of Amare, but not too sure of the team's chances...

Chris Bosh is soft. I'd take Amare over him hard body. D12 ethered him in last year's playoffs.

Well if we are saying do I want Amare or Bosh instead of Lebron. Best believe I want Lebron. But if I have to choose a player to possibly compliment Lebron inthe future I'll take Bosh any day.

Oo so Dwight bodied Bosh. Dwight would and does body Amare. Only thing if that Shaq plays D on Dwight when they played. Dwight would body Amare each time outtoo. Atleast Bosh is a decent help defender who does get blocks. Amare is one of the biggest under achievers for his gifts in the league.

I mean really, while Amare has shown a me first attitude at Phoenix, I don't see him doing that in New York if LeBron does end up there. Amare is easilythe most talented player on Phoenix and he knows that. A huge part of me is saying he would take the #2 spot aslong as it's someone like a LeBron James.Him and LeBron in the open floor would be disgusting. Regardless, it's not gonna happen. Baby steps.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Chris Bosh is soft. I'd take Amare over him hard body. D12 ethered him in last year's playoffs.
SMH ignorance at its best....look at what Bosh is averaging with D12 guarding him the last two years. he can damn well hold his own

I think what he means is that D Lee > Amare in terms of what is needed for the team. Obviously, Amare is more talented.
Word. And thanks.

Yes, Lee does play D. Most of the season he's played the 5 and is undersized. He has held his own.

Word. And thanks.

Yes, Lee does play D. Most of the season he's played the 5 and is undersized. He has held his own.
I can hear that.

I mean obviously Amare > Lee and we should probabl piull the trigger if we have the chance.

But idk Lee has been here for awhile and is mad hardworking and Amare is a primodanna. I feel like i can root for Lee more which is what i like about thisKnicks team, a bunch of hardworking but not as talented players. But heck if we want to win a championship we onna have to deal with primodannas Lebron, Amare,Wade, take your pick.

D.Lee is a better fit in NY then Amare. We as fans appreciate the work Lee does. Amare would be appreciated, but I wanna get back to the 90's Knicks whereit was hard work and D.

D.Lee is a better fit in NY then Amare. We as fans appreciate the work Lee does. Amare would be appreciated, but I wanna get back to the 90's Knicks where it was hard work and D.

And when we failed to win a championship?

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

D.Lee is a better fit in NY then Amare. We as fans appreciate the work Lee does. Amare would be appreciated, but I wanna get back to the 90's Knicks where it was hard work and D.

Can't blame that on the hard work and D.

By the way...I was thinking about LeBron clear headed and I don't think we going to get him. Core of the Cavs are young and can stay together and seeingthe way they all have fun together I don't think it's going to be hard for Ferry to keep them together. And as long as Ferry is there they going tohave LeBron because he's going to continue making the moves he's made to make them better and keep them getting better.

As a Knick and LeBron fan I would love to see him in the Garden 41 games a year (I'd own season tickets) but I don't know man...
ohwell.gif

yeah when we were playing the GOAT every year
eyes.gif

By the way...I was thinking about LeBron clear headed and I don't think we going to get him. Core of the Cavs are young and can stay together and seeing the way they all have fun together I don't think it's going to be hard for Ferry to keep them together. And as long as Ferry is there they going to have LeBron because he's going to continue making the moves he's made to make them better and keep them getting better.
Luckily Nike is on our side. Do you think Cleveland and something called the Quicken Loans Arena (
roll.gif
) sells shoes?

Originally Posted by NYelectric

By the way...I was thinking about LeBron clear headed and I don't think we going to get him. Core of the Cavs are young and can stay together and seeing the way they all have fun together I don't think it's going to be hard for Ferry to keep them together. And as long as Ferry is there they going to have LeBron because he's going to continue making the moves he's made to make them better and keep them getting better.
Luckily Nike is on our side. Do you think Cleveland and something called the Quicken Loans Arena (
roll.gif
) sells shoes?
That's part of it. Plus dude does want to become a billionaire. Sorry Ohioans, that isn't happening with him being in a small market. It's all about that C.R.E.A.M!!!!!
Whether you want be believe it or not.

I hope so. He's gets a bonus if he signs with NY, Chicago or LA right ?

Is #6 retired ?

Originally Posted by THE GR8

yeah when we were playing the GOAT every year
eyes.gif

No more like we lacked that second superstar and we had good supporting payers around but just not good enough. The supporting cast then, Oakley, Mason andStarks were good like Nate, Lee and Duhon are but not good enough. We could have beaten the Bulls if we had another all-star caliber player but we didn't.And this team won't be able to win unless it brings in two big free agents period.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I agree, knida. Barbosa is redundant with Nate here.

Yes, Lee has played great this year. Why does nobody mention it's a contract year for him? Or D'Antoni's influence?

David Lee plays defense now?

You take Amare over him everyday of the week and that's no slight to Lee.

Here is why I say trade for Amar'e: He can opt out in 2010 so if he doesnt want to play with Lebron, let him leave, and get enough cap space for 2superstars. He will make the Knicks the 4 or 5 seed next season. Plus you have the added plus of arready having a superstar. If you keep Amare you can go getLebron and maybe a Michael Redd.

Why would the Suns take Lee @ 10+ million per season if they're in cost cutting mode? Is any team really going to be paying Lee that much next season? Idoubt it.

Back
Top Bottom