The Known Universe in HD

no way in hell you can say there isnt life out there somewhere.

with the amount of real estate in space thats just a stupid thing to say

but holy %%@* that is some trippy %%@*

How you gonna tell me that there's no life out of all the planets in all of those billions of galaxies?

Oh, and LOL @ the dude who comes into every single thread like this spewing his enlightenment nonsense.

that is chilling to watch...

what bothers me is the inevitable supernova of our sun, thus our solar system including earth will cease to exist, and thinking about how everything that hadever existed on this planet will be reduced to nothing gives me goosebumps. all those billions of years. all the lineages and bloodlines of mankind. all ofhistory. the technology that spanned thousands of years. all gone...

it's scary man.

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

no way in hell you can say there isnt life out there somewhere.

with the amount of real estate in space thats just a stupid thing to say

but holy %%@* that is some trippy %%@*
I agree 100%

Oh and btw. get a new Avy bro
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jomitm

that is chilling to watch...

what bothers me is the inevitable supernova of our sun, thus our solar system including earth will cease to exist, and thinking about how everything that had ever existed on this planet will be reduced to nothing gives me goosebumps. all those billions of years. all the lineages and bloodlines of mankind. all of history. the technology that spanned thousands of years. all gone...

it's scary man.
If I remember correctly the light from the supernova will reach earth before the blast does. So awesome.

Im gonna go "visit mary jane" first before i look at it...Stuff like this always trips me out,and the fact people think there's no other lifeforms out there is crazy

Oh yeah, forgot, we'll get swallowed up by the sun turning into a red giant first.
The Sun is the most prominent feature in our solar system. It is the largest object and contains approximately 98% of the total solar system mass. One hundred and nine Earths would be required to fit across the Sun's disk, and its interior could hold over 1.3 million Earths. The Sun's outer visible layer is called the photosphere and has a temperature of 6,000°C (11,000°F). This layer has a mottled appearance due to the turbulent eruptions of energy at the surface. Solar energy is created deep within the core of the Sun. It is here that the temperature (15,000,000° C; 27,000,000° F) and pressure (340 billion times Earth's air pressure at sea level) is so intense that nuclear reactions take place. This reaction causes four protons or hydrogen nuclei to fuse together to form one alpha particle or helium nucleus. The alpha particle is about .7 percent less massive than the four protons. The difference in mass is expelled as energy and is carried to the surface of the Sun, through a process known as convection, where it is released as light and heat. Energy generated in the Sun's core takes a million years to reach its surface. Every second 700 million tons of hydrogen are converted into helium ashes. In the process 5 million tons of pure energy is released; therefore, as time goes on the Sun is becoming lighter. The chromosphere is above the photosphere. Solar energy passes through this region on its way out from the center of the Sun. Faculae and flares arise in the chromosphere. Faculae are bright luminous hydrogen clouds which form above regions where sunspots are about to form. Flares are bright filaments of hot gas emerging from sunspot regions. Sunspots are dark depressions on the photosphere with a typical temperature of 4,000°C (7,000°F). The corona is the outer part of the Sun's atmosphere. It is in this region that prominences appears. Prominences are immense clouds of glowing gas that erupt from the upper chromosphere. The outer region of the corona stretches far into space and consists of particles traveling slowly away from the Sun. The corona can only be seen during total solar eclipses. The Sun appears to have been active for 4.6 billion years and has enough fuel to go on for another five billion years or so. At the end of its life, the Sun will start to fuse helium into heavier elements and begin to swell up, ultimately growing so large that it will swallow the Earth. After a billion years as a red giant, it will suddenly collapse into a white dwarf -- the final end product of a star like ours. It may take a trillion years to cool off completely.

A video of how close an asteroid will pass the earth in 2029
http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9/1813626064?isVid=1&publisherID=1564549380http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9/1813626064?isVid=1&publisherID=1564549380 http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9/1813626064?isVid=1&publisherID=1564549380http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9/1813626064?isVid=1&publisherID=1564549380 http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9/1813626064?isVid=1&publisherID=1564549380http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9/1813626064?isVid=1&publisherID=1564549380
SAN FRANCISCO - Any number of undiscovered near-Earth objects could one day careen into the Earth, and there is a lot of talk here at the American Geophysical Union meeting about tracking them. So far, though, only one discovered object has seemed even mildly likely to hit our planet. That asteroid is Apophis, a 900-foot asteroid. Calculations released on Christmas Eve 2004 appeared to show that there was a greater than 2 percent chance the asteroid would hit the Earth in 2029. The asteroid appeared ready to give the Earth its closest shave since astronomers began looking for such things. It was judged a 4 on the Torino Impact Hazard Scale for a short time, the highest rating any near-Earth object has received. As it turned out, more precise observations brought the risk of collision down to just 1 in 250,000, but the scare sparked greater interest and study in the fields of asteroid detection and defense. Even though the asteroid doesn't look like it's going to hit Earth, on April 13, 2029, it will come closer to Earth than any other near-Earth object that we know of. It will pass just 18,300 miles above the planet's surface. Here, we see an exclusive animation created by the Jet Propulsion Laboratory of what that approach will look like from the perspective of the asteroid. And whoo boy, does it seem close.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/12/closest-asteroid-approach-to-earth/

that's amazing.
every time i watch a video like this, i think to myself we can't be alone in this universe. no way.

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

Originally Posted by Nothin4ever

THIS IS WHY PEOPLE CANT HANDLE THE THOUGHT OF THE UNIVERSE

EVEN THE THOUGHT OF EARTH BEING A FLOATING ROCK IN SPACE

JUST MAKES THE WEAK MINDED GO CRAZY

THIS IS WHY ITS SOO EASY TO CONTROL PEOPLE

THEY HAVE NO THOUGHT OUTSIDE OF THE EARTH

SO STUFF LIKE ALIENS , PORTALS TO OTHER PLANETS & STUFF OF THAT NATURE

IS SY-FY TO THEM

IF YOU ONLY KNEW THO
son what makes you enlightened? Your a cam and arraabmuzik stan.. What makes you think you can preach on space?
roll.gif

I chuckled.

Why the F are we here.

And to that video of the asteroid just missing earth. I was just thinking it would be a goddd damm shame for everything that we started to just be gone.
Ik im not the only one who thinks...what if something unexplainable happened and we get caught off gaurd and we're just gone. Like right now everythinginstantly goes black, your dead, earth is done for.

But quick question, do we have the technology to shoot down an asteroid like that if it were actually going to hit us?

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Why the F are we here.

And to that video of the asteroid just missing earth. I was just thinking it would be a goddd damm shame for everything that we started to just be gone.
Ik im not the only one who thinks...what if something unexplainable happened and we get caught off gaurd and we're just gone. Like right now everything instantly goes black, your dead, earth is done for.

But quick question, do we have the technology to shoot down an asteroid like that if it were actually going to hit us?
They would probably shoot something at it, to avoid a direct impact.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

what are these supernovas you speak of?... doesn't sound too good.

The sun will swallow up the Earth in some 5 billion years when it starts to die.

Originally Posted by 13saldana13

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Why the F are we here.

Ik im not the only one who thinks...what if something unexplainable happened and we get caught off gaurd and we're just gone. Like right now everything instantly goes black, your dead, earth is done for.

They would probably shoot something at it, to avoid a direct impact.

If Earth is in the direct path of an astroid we will die,Period.If they shot it,then it will be a meteor shower hitting earth.Maybe wiping out millions ofpeople and everything around it...

Back
Top Bottom