The Known Universe in HD

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

But quick question, do we have the technology to shoot down an asteroid like that if it were actually going to hit us?
man that thing would get nuked out the sky soooooo fast
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

so you gonna tell me that in all that SPACE that we have in the universe and what isnt mapped out yet there is not 1 single planet that can sustain life? thatsBS....im sure there are aliens are even other people trying to do the same thing we are doin, find other life forms

i just hope they find something before i die....i would at least like to die knowing that i was right, that there was other life out there

Originally Posted by jomitm

that is chilling to watch...

what bothers me is the inevitable supernova of our sun, thus our solar system including earth will cease to exist, and thinking about how everything that had ever existed on this planet will be reduced to nothing gives me goosebumps. all those billions of years. all the lineages and bloodlines of mankind. all of history. the technology that spanned thousands of years. all gone...

it's scary man.

foreal if 'we' (meaning humans) live another 5 Billion years or whatever we will most likely have technology capable of moving/preserving our belovedearth. And there is no doubt we will migrate to other parts of our galaxy, so IF we survive that long i think we wont be worried about the suns demise at all.

and that video was crazy.. there is still so much to explore.

Its funny to see people fight and scrap for what they can here on earth, we're so close-minded to think that we actualy matter. i dont know, this justcomforts me in a weird way.

Originally Posted by nick0lis

Its funny to see people fight and scrap for what they can here on earth, we're so close-minded to think that we actualy matter. i dont know, this just comforts me in a weird way.

alien.gif

Originally Posted by nick0lis

Its funny to see people fight and scrap for what they can here on earth, we're so close-minded to think that we actualy matter. i dont know, this just comforts me in a weird way.

word

Can someone knowledgeable give an explanation on what exaclty the "cosmic horizon in space and in time" is

It sounds fairly simple and I think I have an idea at least of what it is but I'd like to hear a scientific explanation.

more food for thought:

if you were to look at a single atom, put it into scale of our planet, the earths core would be the nucleus, and the orbiting electrons would be outside ouratmosphere. everything is made up of these atoms, yet you are able to grab things, slap a high five, or hold onto things...

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Can someone knowledgeable give an explanation on what exaclty the "cosmic horizon in space and in time" is

It sounds fairly simple and I think I have an idea at least of what it is but I'd like to hear a scientific explanation.

In physical cosmology, a cosmological horizon (also known as a particle horizon) is the maximum distance from which particles could have traveled to theobserver in the age of the universe. It represents the boundary between the portion of the universe which could have conceivably been observed at a given time(the observable universe) and the unobservable regions of the universe.[1] The existence, properties, and significance of a cosmological horizon depend on theparticular cosmological model being discussed. -wiki

I used to read about astronomy when i was younger...in retrospect, the concept of "the sun's death" was wild for me to digest being so young. Thedistance traveled at the speed of light in one second is crazy...

Back
Top Bottom