THE LAS VEGAS RAIDERS...OFFSEASON THREAD | "NEW DAY. NEW CHAPTER. NEW ERA. NEW MINDSET."

HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE RAIDERS WIN THIS SEASON

• less than 6

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 6-8

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 8-12

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • 12+

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They’re what 3rd in cap space? Better do some work in Free Agency with it. I get not wanting to give up assets+paying him at the age of 39 but make those picks and free money count.

The only area that the Raiders did not receive a grade near the top of the league was the coaching staff. According to NFLPA report, the Raiders ranked no. 22 in the NFL in terms of feedback on their coaching staff…

“The [Raiders] lowest graded category was the coaching staff. Player respondents felt that Head Coach Josh McDaniels is less likely to listen to his players and keeps them for longer hours than other Head Coaches around the league. Longer hours are not correlated to winning, as seven of the top eight coaches rated as being most efficient with their players’ time in the 2022 survey made the playoffs this year.”

I wonder if this goes back to his Denver and NE days because reports from Maxx and Devante have been pretty positive about the coaching staff...but I suppose thats 2 players out of the 53...maybe the rest feel differently? On a positive note, the Raiders ranked #3 overall in terms of overall rankings from that report.

I wonder if this goes back to his Denver and NE days because reports from Maxx and Devante have been pretty positive about the coaching staff...but I suppose thats 2 players out of the 53...maybe the rest feel differently? On a positive note, the Raiders ranked #3 overall in terms of overall rankings from that report.

Idgaf about those ratings if they don’t make the playoffs every year :lol:

I do see that being a New England thing. All this Bellicheck disciples live and die by the “patriot way.” If they didn’t have Tom Brady, that **** wouldn’t have existed. Bellicheck acted like an ******* with everybody because they were winning so many super bowls and was given a pass on being an *******

Also, what are the franchise players supposed to say about him while they’re still on the team? Nah coach sucks, we need another coach :lol:

Business wise I think it makes sense to franchise him. The tag price on running backs is low and it’s no long term commitment (especially for a running back that the McDaniels ideology doesn’t value as highly)

But idk how that’ll affect jacobs and his relationship. Do guys still hold out or did the new cba state players can’t hold out?

Business wise I think it makes sense to franchise him. The tag price on running backs is low and it’s no long term commitment (especially for a running back that the McDaniels ideology doesn’t value as highly)

But idk how that’ll affect jacobs and his relationship. Do guys still hold out or did the new cba state players can’t hold out?
i think its just allowing for more time to continue the negotiations. i’d imagine they want to resign him to at least a 3 or 4 year deal. He still got tread on them tires for sure.

the long term deal would allow for more control of the finances too - in the franchise tag its all guaranteed. so i’d imagine both JJ and the Raiders would prefer a long term deal.

A “long term” deal for a RB doesn’t mean ****. What actually means something is the guaranteed money. They can sign him for 6 years $80 million, with $25 million guaranteed. That just means it’s a 2 year deal :lol:

A “long term” deal for a RB doesn’t mean ****. What actually means something is the guaranteed money. They can sign him for 6 years $80 million, with $25 million guaranteed. That just means it’s a 2 year deal :lol:
Well, yeah…when I say long term deal for a RB I think that caps out at 4 years now. I don’t think an organization will do anything more than that in terms of length of contract…

But if we want to compare premier RB’s, I think McCaffrey signed a 4-year deal at $60+M, with like $30+M guaranteed.

Is Jacobs worth McCaffrey kinda money? I think part of the trouble with negotiating between Jacobs/Raiders is they also want to see what Saquon is going to get if he hits the market.

I think CMC is more versatile than Jacobs, so no I don’t think he’s worth the same/more. Jacobs had a laundry list of injuries last year that he played through, and I genuinely believe it was only because it was a contract year. Had it not been, I think he sits out several games.

i’ve come full circle on Anthony Richardson. i was originally good off him…now i say draft this MF :lol:

if our HC is the offensive guru everyone claims he is, he should be able to make this work. especially with the weapons we have on offense.

I still prefer CJ, but i dont see CJ dropping to 7.

According to WalterFootball‘s Charlie Campbell, the Raiders’ “initial” preference between the two quarterbacks is Richardson…

“With the seventh-overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, the Raiders would have to trade up and give up a bountiful amount of draft resources to land either Alabama’s Bryce Young or Ohio State’s C.J. Stroud. Given the Las Vegas has needs all over its roster, making such a move is viewed as very unlikely for the team. However, the Raiders are in position to potentially land Florida quarterback Anthony Richardson or Kentucky quarterback Will Levis. Sources with Las Vegas told WalterFootball.com that the team’s initial feeling is a preference for Richardson over Levis…

NFL teams are still early in the draft process, and things could change during the pro-days, team visits, private workouts, and organizational draft meetings. But heading into the interviews and workouts at the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine, the Raiders are said to like Richardson more than Levis.”

I pray to God he’s right.
I’ve wanted AR or Stroud at 7 from the beginning. Only question is if one will fall or do we have to trade up. I think we’ll prolly have to trade up.

i’ve come full circle on Anthony Richardson. i was originally good off him…now i say draft this MF :lol:

if our HC is the offensive guru everyone claims he is, he should be able to make this work. especially with the weapons we have on offense.

I still prefer CJ, but i dont see CJ dropping to 7.

Idgaf if he has more athleticism than Lebron James. But can he complete an accurate pass? :lol:

Haven’t read much on him I just remember a few articles saying he was raw and needed help with accuracy. Every QB is a gamble. Analysts will say omg this guy is the next **insert pro bowl qb** and will be out of the nfl in 3-4 years. So no matter who they go with, it’s a 50/50

😮
Screenshot_20230304-202405-304.png

I don’t get it bro. We’re in the perfect spot to grab Lamar but we have cash issues?!

I thought the reason we moved to Las Vegas was to stop being broke??

I don’t think the Raiders want to pay Lamar 250 mil fully guaranteed cause it seems that’s what Lamar wants…of course would love to have him but puttin all our eggs in that basket may not be great down the line…

Back
Top Bottom