THE LAS VEGAS RAIDERS...2023 SEASON THREAD 8-9 | "NEW DAY. NEW CHAPTER. NEW ERA. NEW MINDSET."

HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE RAIDERS WIN THIS SEASON

• less than 6

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 6-8

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 8-12

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • 12+

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1678747801434.png

So basically a 2 year deal?
That tells me they won’t trade up for a QB.

Basically praying for Richardson at 7 or Hooker in the 2nd round.

My dream scenario is jimmy getting hurt in the first 4 weeks & we get to tank for Caleb.

He'll win just enough games to keep us from being able to draft one of the top qbs word to Used Carr 🤣🤷🏾‍♂️

I know bro, this sucks.
My only hope is he’s way more injury prone than Carr so hopefully he goes down early and we can get the tank started in October.

at least he’s good in the red zone? i’m trying guys…i’m really trying…

definitely a move dictated by not having money to burn, I really don't have the confidence in them but we have to hope for the best with this front office in regards to team building.

not too moved in any direction by this move, I will be sick if they do not draft a QB tho.

Hoping a player gets injured is nasty business, regardless of how you feel about them
You know what, you’re right. It’s wrong to root for injuries. I’m just a sad, beatdown raider fan agitated at the signing and looking for some positives.

I know that Jimmy was brought here to win games. He’s cheaper than Carr and he allows us to build our team up while still being “competitive”.

My ideal scenario would be hoping Anthony Richardson slides to 7 and that way we would he could hold Jimmy’s clipboard and learn while we try to win games. Something like Alex Smith for Kaep & Mahomes. If we draft a qb (in round 1 or 2) this year to sit behind Jimmy and use Jimmy as our Alex Smith bridge, I’ll root for the raiders to win.

If we don’t draft a qb high, and go into next season looking to compete and the result is another 6-9 win team (which it probably will be because Jimmy doesn’t have the Niners/Patriots defense with him this time) with no future at QB, I’ll be disgusted. I don’t think you can get a franchise changing QB that late in the draft + whoever gets pick 1/2 next year isn’t likely to trade the pick.

Im looking to avoid this scenario, but if it happens, I’ll be waiting for Jimmy’s eventual season ending injury and hoping that it happens early in the season instead of later.

He’s had season ending injuries in 2 of the last 4 seasons. I’m pretty sure he got injured and didn’t finish another one of his 5 seasons in SF (I think it’s the first one where he got traded here but don’t quote me)…

I guess it just depends on what they do with QB2 tho. They can prepare for the possibility of Jimmy getting hurt by going crazy and go completely anti-tank by signing Brisset or something lol.

Last edited:
Doesn’t matter now, but I didn’t think Ziegler would even attempt to make that kind if move to #1.

Depending on how things shake out, I wonder if he’ll want to try and get up to 3.

Meyers is pretty good value.
Wonder if we trade Renfrow now.
Probably using all our draft picks on defense and attacking offense in free agency. Still need to shore up the right side of the offensive line.

They’re trying to compete this year. I guess I respect it.

Meyers is pretty good value.
Wonder if we trade Renfrow now.
Probably using all our draft picks on defense and attacking offense in free agency. Still need to shore up the right side of the offensive line.

They’re trying to compete this year. I guess I respect it.
Adams, Meyers and Renfrow in the slot is actually a really good WR core.

But you’re right - desperately need a RT and RG.

Back
Top Bottom