THE LAS VEGAS RAIDERS...2023 SEASON THREAD 8-9 | "NEW DAY. NEW CHAPTER. NEW ERA. NEW MINDSET."

HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE RAIDERS WIN THIS SEASON

• less than 6

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 6-8

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 8-12

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • 12+

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Low key been trying to buy a JJ jersey (legit), but everywhere has been sold out in a XL for months

If Jacobs sticks around, ima copp a jersey as well. Hate buying current players. Jus never know how long they’ll b around lol

no way they let Jacobs walk at this point. worse case scenario, they tag him.

which is funny because it’ll cost them more than picking up that 5th year option, but McDaniels has already said (paraphrasing) Jacobs is by far better than they anticipated.

I actually had to listen to a bit of the game on the radio and it was my first time listening to Horowitz and he’s a major upgrade from Musburger :lol:

I actually had to listen to a bit of the game on the radio and it was my first time listening to Horowitz and he’s a major upgrade from Musburger :lol:

That Touchdown RRRRRRRAAAAAIIIIIDDDDDEEEERRRSSSS!!!!
Took way too long to be announced n was weak! Lol

no way they let Jacobs walk at this point. worse case scenario, they tag him.

which is funny because it’ll cost them more than picking up that 5th year option, but McDaniels has already said (paraphrasing) Jacobs is by far better than they anticipated.

I don’t mind passing on the 5th year option because I think contract year Jacobs had something to prove and this pushed him to battle through all the little injuries and step his game up.

Have no issue with franchising him and then signing him to a long term contract next summer. The franchise tag is kinda shady tho and might alienate him. I would prefer 8-10 mil a year but if that’s not enough I’d go up to 10-12 mil I think.

If we don’t have enough salary cap room then I would trade Renfrow and/or Waller.

I don’t mind passing on the 5th year option because I think contract year Jacobs had something to prove and this pushed him to battle through all the little injuries and step his game up.

Have no issue with franchising him and then signing him to a long term contract next summer. The franchise tag is kinda shady tho and might alienate him. I would prefer 8-10 mil a year but if that’s not enough I’d go up to 10-12 mil I think.

If we don’t have enough salary cap room then I would trade Renfrow and/or Waller.

Been listening to some podcasts and there is some question marks about how things are going to shake out for the RB market this offseason with so many potentially going to be made available (Saquon, Jacobs, Miles Sanders, Kareem Hunt, etc...)

There is also talks about the salary cap going up next season.

Franchise tag would be about $12M. contract/cap experts on some podcasts think the RB1's may ask for $15m-$16m, but that depends on how many of those RB's actually hit the market. Having too many could saturate it, but Saquon or Jacobs could set the market if they re-sign.

I think worse case scenario, they franchise him and pay him that $12m for another year. It's a 1 year hit with no flexibility for the Raiders, but what choice do you have when this guy is responsible for 80 first downs this seasons 11 games into it AND leads the league in rushing? :lol:

I’ll continue to give props where it’s due - the team is playing nice complimentary football.

the offense is well balanced right now - if you wanna stop the run, we’ll throw it to Devante. If you wanna double up on Devante, then we’ll feed Jacobs. Pick your poison.

Defensively - Idk what to make of them yet, but this was definitely their best game of the season, after a pretty damn good 2 weeks against Denver and Seattle. i hope this is a sign of things to come. I know the Chargers Oline is banged up, but the Raiders defense didn’t stoop to the level of the competition.

I believe Waller and Renfrow are available this week right?
Adding those 2 pieces could make the offense scary, if they continue to play the way they’ve been playing lately

I believe Waller and Renfrow are available this week right?
Adding those 2 pieces could make the offense scary, if they continue to play the way they’ve been playing lately
McDaniels said earlier this week that they’re eligible to come back, but since they play TNF he wouldn’t expect them to play on a short week.

claiming Tillery has made a dramatic improvement to our D as a whole. we're getting inside pressure, which is allowing our edge rushers to get pressure/sacks. that helps our DBs since they're not in coverage for 5 seconds. run D has been better too. maybe all we needed was a decent DT?

ngl, the game started ugly as hell, but they played complimentary football and got the w. might've been the best game they've played as a unit all season.

i'm convinced that Mack Hollins doesnt know the playbook though. him and Carr are not on the same page the majority of the time.

We Knew this was coming…
A2AADF95-F29D-4810-9E50-2B937083DDC6.jpeg

i'm convinced that Mack Hollins doesnt know the playbook though. him and Carr are not on the same page the majority of the time.
:lol: I listen to a few Raider podcasts and they talk about this from time-to-time. Supposedly on the 86-yard Jacobs TD, Mack didn't know where to line up, and Jacobs told him "just line up over there" :lol:

That **** is most definitely a concern/problem when we're 13 weeks into the season.

But I digress, we won. Won't complain about it now and just enjoy this dub.

2-weeks in a row we fall into a early 10-point deficit, only to fight our way back into the game. Testament to the coaches/team to not let the early woes continue and affect the outcome of the game.

Oh, and that pick-6 against Carr was hella defensive PI. Idk how they did not call that. Asante Samuel Jr basically close lined Mack in the back of the head.

Back
Top Bottom