THE LAS VEGAS RAIDERS...2023 SEASON THREAD 8-9 | "NEW DAY. NEW CHAPTER. NEW ERA. NEW MINDSET."

HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE RAIDERS WIN THIS SEASON

• less than 6

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 6-8

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 8-12

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • 12+

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the bigger part of the conversation on how this offseason might play out is how this final game will play out - assuming they lose, where do they land in the draft? Best we can land is 6th, and they're probably out of the Bryce Young/CJ Stroud conversation. I'm not sold on Will Levis, and if the other two are gone i'd prefer to go best available player at that point. It also depends on the other teams and where they land :

Current draft positions:

1. Houston (2-13-1) - Definitely drafting a QB
2. Chicago (3-13_ - Not grabbing a QB
3. Seattle (from DEN 4-12) - Not grabbing a QB (?)
4. Arizona (4-12) - Not grabbing a QB
5. Indianapolis (4-11-1)- Definitely drafting a QB
6. Detroit (5-11) Not grabbing a QB
7. Las Vegas (6-10)
8. Atlanta (6-10) Not grabbing a QB (?)
9. Carolina (6-10) - potentially grabbing a QB
10. Tennessee - Not drafting a QB

And for what it's worth - I could see the Raiders being competitive tomorrow and fighting to play spoiler to the Chiefs. Which might (?) get us out of the top 10? :lol:

Last edited:
If the top 2 QBs are gone by the pick then draft elsewhere. Don't draft a QB for the sake of drafting a QB then deal with going through a subpar QB for another 3 years and looking for one again after that

seen a lot of back and forth on twitter about the possibility of signing Brady and how the tuck rule game still cuts deep for fans(understandable).

a lot of people were saying to let it go cause it was 22 years ago but imo the fact that everyone is talking about signing a QB who was playing 22 years ago speaks more to the unseriousness of this franchise.

how does signing Tom make them unserious? he's had a better season than Derek and knows the system. if Stroud somehow falls to us, he's a win now AND bridge QB until Stroud is ready. if neither top QBs fall to us, then Tom and Stid as his backup still makes sense for the win now/bridge scenario. the team is absolutely not going to tank next season, so they're going to go all in on D and OL with a "bargain" QB like Tom. we can't afford another season of "learning the offense". Tae is staying, so they're going on all in like the Rams did.

The future is looking bright gentlemen.
For the first time in a long time I wore my Raider jersey with pride and poise.
Thank you Mark
Thank you Josh

how does signing Tom make them unserious? he's had a better season than Derek and knows the system. if Stroud somehow falls to us, he's a win now AND bridge QB until Stroud is ready. if neither top QBs fall to us, then Tom and Stid as his backup still makes sense for the win now/bridge scenario. the team is absolutely not going to tank next season, so they're going to go all in on D and OL with a "bargain" QB like Tom. we can't afford another season of "learning the offense". Tae is staying, so they're going on all in like the Rams did.

I agree
I think Mark Davis, Josh McD, and Charles Woodson get Brady to Raiders.
I would prefer Rodgers as a bridge but I am fine with Brady. We will definitely get calls going our way with Brady lol
I would also renew Stidham and draft any top 5 QB left in the draft.

200w (5).gif

I agree
I think Mark Davis, Josh McD, and Charles Woodson get Brady to Raiders.
I would prefer Rodgers as a bridge but I am fine with Brady. We will definitely get calls going our way with Brady lol
I would also renew Stidham and draft any top 5 QB left in the draft.

the issue with Rodgers is his salary. we'd also have to trade for him, while Brady will probably sign for like $15mil. Rodgers would also have to learn the system, where Brady/Stid can start right away without skipping a beat. hell, i'd be cool with rolling the dice on Stid for next season, depending on how he plays tomorrow. he'd be suuuuper cheap, meaning we'd have even more money to spend on defense.

BUT having Tom would attract better players.

Jimmy G could b a possible due to McDaniels having a better relationship with Jimmy. I hear McDaniels wanted Jimmy G over Brady at one point in New England. Plus it would b a more solid choice long term over Brady which would prolly b a one n done. Annnd with Brady, he could still be looking at Miami especially with Tua’s big pay day coming and him havin concussion issues. Miami might not want to give Tua 25 mil and he has 2-3 concussions in a season
A lot of scenarios, I jus hope the Raiders aren’t on the bad end of one of em…

Can’t they feasibly trade up with Chicago and it shouldn’t cost THAT much? If they really wanted a QB

Technically, Chicago still has a shot at the #1 overall pick. The cost from #1 and #2 is usually is significant from what i can remember…thats why all this draft positioning this weekend will be interesting to see how everything shakes out.

i do wonder what they will get for Carr if they’re able to trade for him.

yea, this was expected. im surprised he didn’t see it coming since the product on the field has been trash for most of 20 years.

i dont blame PSL owners either. why invest time/money when you can make a grip load of money back.

at minimum we’re the 7th pick. if the Rams win tomorrow, we move up to 6th.

The fan with the “We Deserve Better” sign being ejected from the stadium for the sign itself is the most embarrassing thing to happen this season.

Mark Davis is such a ***** if he doesn’t publicly acknowledge the wrong doing by his employees, and try to make it right.

The fan with the “We Deserve Better” sign being ejected from the stadium for the sign itself is the most embarrassing thing to happen this season.

Mark Davis is such a ***** if he doesn’t publicly acknowledge the wrong doing by his employees, and try to make it right.
was it that fan or the fan that had a sign that said fire mcdaniels?

either way, unnecessary and unacceptable. rumor is Mark was annoyed with a sign from the last game too.

Back
Top Bottom