The last 15 minutes of CONSTANTINE was one the illest scenes ever!

pimp.gif
Forgot how dope the ending was. Might try to cop in Blu-Ray if there is any.

http://www.youtube.com/wa...INfU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/wa...Scumk&feature=colike

http://www.youtube.com/wa...cLz8&feature=related

(Wish I could find the whole scene, this is the best I could find. Doesn't help that the embed code got disabled)

Watching it right now. Definitely appreciate it more now as a 24 year old than I did back then. I didn't fully grasp it before... mostly because I was with my boys cracking up at Keanu's bad acting.

Can anyone shed light on Balthazar? Does he have any significance religiously? Wiki is talking about Three Kings, but I know that's not what the movie portrays.

im mad he was having a legit conversation with Lucifer tho
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by th3kid

Can anyone shed light on Balthazar? Does he have any significance religiously? Wiki is talking about Three Kings, but I know that's not what the movie portrays.
Legend has it that Balthazar was born a man, it is said he was so beautiful to look at that women loved him from the moment they laid eyes on him. He is described as having hair the colour of raven feathers and eyes the colour of ice. Another version has it that his eyes are so black the look like bottomless pits. All versions agree though that he was pale skinned and that his face was sculptured.

Turned into a vampire at the age of seventeen by a vampires by the name of Ather, he lived a hundred years before meeting and falling in love with a human girl- Jessica. Jessica did not want to be a vampire and eventually died a natural death as humans do. Driven mad by grief (though I say he was mad already) Balthazar went to hell to the Demon king Seth and asked to be killed so he may no longer suffer the pain of loss.

Demons don’t tend to have sympathy. So instead of doing what Balthazar asked the Demon king turned him into the fire Demon. Since when asked how where he was born Balthazar was known to answer ‘In the fires of Hell’.

He later met and loved another girl trying to keep his human form thus being believed to be half human. Having fathered a daughter and having raised her did not make Balthazar a nice demon. He is blamed for many of ancient Europe’s catastrophes.

Kinda love this movie. Rachel Weisz
devil.gif

It's a shame Keanu said no to a sequel. woulda been>>>>everything he's done since, except Scanner Darkly

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by th3kid

Legend has it that Balthazar was born a man, it is said he was so beautiful to look at that women loved him from the moment they laid eyes on him. He is described as having hair the colour of raven feathers and eyes the colour of ice. Another version has it that his eyes are so black the look like bottomless pits. All versions agree though that he was pale skinned and that his face was sculptured.

Turned into a vampire at the age of seventeen by a vampires by the name of Ather, he lived a hundred years before meeting and falling in love with a human girl- Jessica. Jessica did not want to be a vampire and eventually died a natural death as humans do. Driven mad by grief (though I say he was mad already) Balthazar went to hell to the Demon king Seth and asked to be killed so he may no longer suffer the pain of loss.

Demons don’t tend to have sympathy. So instead of doing what Balthazar asked the Demon king turned him into the fire Demon. Since when asked how where he was born Balthazar was known to answer ‘In the fires of Hell’.

He later met and loved another girl trying to keep his human form thus being believed to be half human. Having fathered a daughter and having raised her did not make Balthazar a nice demon. He is blamed for many of ancient Europe’s catastrophes.
Ahhh. Okay. Thanks. I love learning about this kind of stuff. Thanks. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

It's a shame Keanu said no to a sequel.   
frown.gif

I really thought it was gonna be just another "slay demons" type *$#! but this movie far exceeded my expectations.

i like this movie too. not just the ending, each scene was nice..

the woman that was possessed in the early scenes was speaking in filipino too
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by blasdiaz

i like this movie too. not just the ending, each scene was nice..

the woman that was possessed in the early scenes was speaking in filipino too
laugh.gif
Tagalog! 
mad.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom