"The Last Dance" Michael Jordan & Chicago Bulls Docuseries

the truth hurts b

other than not going back in the game in the playoffs when Jordan was out, which people knew anyways.. zero clue what dude thinks looks bad

his contract situation was what it was., a country dude with a bunch of family trying get security and worried

Well the doc started off with MJ exclaiming Scottie's importance, that he doesn't become who he is without Scottie, and any negative showed of Scottie in the doc he's on record saying he doesn't regret it and would do it again. So if he would do these things again, why is he mad?

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the entire series, but this is not a documentary. When one person has final word and control that is not the producer/director, that’s not a documentary

He explained why.

Whether you agree is a different story but he explained why.

I mean, obviously he is very much entitled to his views and to feel and take things how he wants

I just don’t see it, other than the not going back in the game

anyone who has had a migraine knows what that’s like.. same for dealing with a back issue

I mean, obviously he is very much entitled to his views and to feel and take things how he wants

I just don’t see it, other than the not going back in the game

anyone who has had a migraine knows what that’s like.. same for dealing with a back issue
It is easy for us to not see it, we didn't have to live through what he went through.

I give him the benefit of the doubt, he was on the front line day after day with the dude.

I won't discredit him at all. I think people are too quick to dismiss at times.

It is easy for us to not see it, we didn't have to live through what he went through.

I give him the benefit of the doubt, he was on the front line day after day with the dude.

I won't discredit him at all. I think people are too quick to dismiss at times.

I’m not trying to discredit him or dismiss him.. I acknowledge he can feel how he wants

I just happen to empathize about some of things he would get heat for.. like the contract, migraine or even the back issue

I’m not telling him how to feel.. I’m just saying in my view, the only thing that really made him look bad was something we knew already, him not going back in the game (especially with Phil making the right call)

showing him playing through that back injury makes him look great to me.. and when you get the depth behind him, the contract stuff makes more sense plus learning how much of a d**k the owner was and what a weasel the GM was

to me, it’s the owner and GM who come off bad., and I get grant defending himself.. and we knew the mess Rodman was

I’m not trying to discredit him or dismiss him.. I acknowledge he can feel how he wants

I just happen to empathize about some of things he would get heat for.. like the contract, migraine or even the back issue

I’m not telling him how to feel.. I’m just saying in my view, the only thing that really made him look bad was something we knew already, him not going back in the game (especially with Phil making the right call)

showing him playing through that back injury makes him look great to me.. and when you get the depth behind him, the contract stuff makes more sense plus learning how much of a d**k the owner was and what a weasel the GM was

to me, it’s the owner and GM who come off bad., and I get grant defending himself.. and we knew the mess Rodman was

If you are saying, "I don't see why he feels the way he feels" that is being dismissive. (Discrediting)

I am not trying to argue but that is exactly what has been done vs. anyone that has spoken out on how they were portrayed by Jordan in this series.

People feel the need to say why THEY don't "believe" or "see" why that person FEELS the way they said they feel.

It isn't up to us to see/understand why they feel that way. If they said they felt slighted, well it is what it is.

If you are saying, "I don't see why he feels the way he feels" that is being dismissive. (Discrediting)

I am not trying to argue but that is exactly what has been done vs. anyone that has spoken out on how they were portrayed by Jordan in this series.

People feel the need to say why THEY don't "believe" or "see" why that person FEELS the way they said they feel.

It isn't up to us to see/understand why they feel that way. If they said they felt slighted, well it is what it is.

when the f did I say I didn’t believe how he felt

I literally just don’t think the doc makes him look bad, which is my opinion after watching the documentary

I never said I don’t believe dude.. if some things were sore subjects for him, I completely get that since he actually lived it

but just based on what I saw in the documentary, the only thing that looked bad to me was the thing we all knew that made him look bad in a bulls uniform.. and that’s not going back in that game because he didn’t like the play Phil called

Still not sure why Scottie would take issue with the doc
Again, starting point.

This sentence is dismissive and discrediting.

If he already stated why he felt that way, and you are saying this, please tell me how this isn't saying you are buying what he is saying?

other than not going back in the game in the playoffs when Jordan was out, which people knew anyways.. zero clue what dude thinks looks bad

his contract situation was what it was., a country dude with a bunch of family trying get security and worried

The media has created this whole “Scottie doesn’t look good post docuseries” narrative. I witnessed all of the events live and the only black eye Scottie’s career has is the refusal to go back into Game 3 in the 94 playoffs. He even addressed it in his own words in the series and said he would probably do it all over again if given the chance. The migraine was disappointing and yes the contract dispute wasn’t ideal, but Pippen was the ****ing man and the Bulls don’t have 6 titles without him.
The only former Bulls player who doesn’t look good is the B.A. snitch Horace Grant, f’ that clown.

Again, starting point.

This sentence is dismissive and discrediting.

If he already stated why he felt that way, and you are saying this, please tell me how this isn't saying you are buying what he is saying?

because if I didn’t “believe” or wasn’t “buying” what he said, I would say that

just viewing the documentary, I don’t think it makes him look bad

however, I am well aware that the documentary doesn’t show every single thing that happened.. I’m also well aware that he’s going to focus on those aspects about him, because obviously it’s very personal for him

as a viewer of the documentary not named Scottie pippin, not related to Scottie pippen and someone who has never interacted with Scottie pippen, I do not think the documentary makes him look bad

the only people really catching Ls from this to me are the owner of the team, the GM, grant and the guys who thought they would talk shh to Jordan and win

I can get how certain subjects would be sensitive ones, like the amount of talk about his contract.. but that is what it is

The media has created this whole “Scottie doesn’t look good post docuseries” narrative. I witnessed all of the events live and the only black eye Scottie’s career has is the refusal to go back into Game 3 in the 94 playoffs. He even addressed it in his own words in the series and said he would probably do it all over again if given the chance. The migraine was disappointing and yes the contract dispute wasn’t ideal, but Pippen was the ****ing man and the Bulls don’t have 6 titles without him.
The only former Bulls player who doesn’t look good is the B.A. snitch Horace Grant, f’ that clown.

if I was pippen’s agent, I would kinda feel some way about how much the contract got discussed

since a lot of folks jumped to the conclusions on him and the advice that was given

but gotta remember Scottie was a young dude from a huge family that didn’t have much and he had a couple injuries, he jumped at the chance of security

plus the money jumped huge.. but obviously the team could have easily renegotiated, but the owner and GM weren’t great

because if I didn’t “believe” or wasn’t “buying” what he said, I would say that

just viewing the documentary, I don’t think it makes him look bad

however, I am well aware that the documentary doesn’t show every single thing that happened.. I’m also well aware that he’s going to focus on those aspects about him, because obviously it’s very personal for him

as a viewer of the documentary not named Scottie pippin, not related to Scottie pippen and someone who has never interacted with Scottie pippen, I do not think the documentary makes him look bad

the only people really catching Ls from this to me are the owner of the team, the GM, grant and the guys who thought they would talk shh to Jordan and win

I can get how certain subjects would be sensitive ones, like the amount of talk about his contract.. but that is what it is
We can respectfully agree to disagree.

Before Scottie said anything, I also felt that he didn't make out well from the way the story was told either.

Just because No Tippin' Pippen has reasons/excuses on why he did the things he did doesn't mean they are good reasons lol

Sometimes the toughest person to face is the one right in front of the mirror

We can respectfully agree to disagree.

Before Scottie said anything, I also felt that he didn't make out well from the way the story was told either.

Chief, there ain’t no right or wrong answer.. it’s opinions formed on an entertainment product produced by 1 of the individuals that was a main source/topic of said product

if you feel that way, then good for you

to some people, a hell of a lot of people are going come off looking bad from the doc

but to me, I look at the owner and the GM who decided to blow up a team coming off of a championship and on the road to a 2nd threepeat

I then was curious to look into the actions of the owner with regard to his baseball team and said GM when given the opportunity to replace people

Take the documentary with a grain of salt.

MJ executive produced it. It was a Bulls documentary and part MJ doc. It wasn’t complete (Jerry Krause interview RIP, Karl Malone, etc).

Scottie, Horace, Reinsdorf, Isiah, etc have a right to be upset with their portrayals.

It’s not like MJ was ripped. Costas, Rashad and Jordan’s cronies pretty much blocked any chinks in his armor from Baseball, gambling, etc.

Take the documentary with a grain of salt.

MJ executive produced it. It was a Bulls documentary and part MJ doc. It wasn’t complete (Jerry Krause interview RIP, Karl Malone, etc).

Scottie, Horace, Reinsdorf, Isiah, etc have a right to be upset with their portrayals.

It’s not like MJ was ripped. Costas, Rashad and Jordan’s cronies pretty much blocked any chinks in his armor from Baseball, gambling, etc.

Can you explain what value a Karl Malone interview would add? What are a few other of the "etc." you are thinking of?

I mean there is a lot there to judge MJ negatively on.. I mean we all knew dude was a competitive psychopath, but could only imagine how much of a pain dude would be on teammates and people in the organization.. but they won

The isiah stuff is weird, cause not sure how much depth or truth we’ll ever really get at this point

cause supposedly it was bigger than just jordan, least when it came to the dream team.. couple main dudes had stuff with him.. plus he pissed off some power player

Scottie looking like a super clown the way he's acting post doc.
Can you explain what value a Karl Malone interview would add? What are a few other of the "etc." you are thinking of?

When I say complete, I mean...Michael Jordan, understandably so, was the main talking head. And the doc seemed to be dubious in its coverage of others like admonishing Scottie (I used that as an example. Scottie couldn’t play with a headache meanwhile Jordan overcame food poisoning or the flu to beat the Jazz in a highly contested series).

If it had balanced it more with opponents like Dumars, Laimbeer, Malone, Dan Marle, Kevin Johnson, Drexler, Clifford Robinson,Worthy, Divac...and gotten rid of the Jordan cronies and instead replaced it with more Kobe, Lebron, Wade, AI, etc to sing MJ’s praise. Dubious= flu game, gambling, minimizing Scotties contract dispute, toxic team captain, etc. Maybe a psychologist to explain that MJ’s dominance and behavior toward his teammates was a result of past hurt, derision and a desire for dominance.

I’ve seen folks say this is the best sports documentary. It was entertaining. I actually like the OJ Made in America as a piece of work.

1) migraine is a little more than just a headache

2) if jordan was hungover, that’s still pretty damn impressive

3) what the hell you wanna hear from Lebron or wade for who didn’t get drafted until ‘03

if anything go listen to jalen rose’s show after the documentary.. since he played a pretty big role for that pacers team that took the ‘98 team to 7 games

That's a whole lotta nonsense.

You might as well assume any former opponent of the Bulls who wasn't in the doc declined to be in it.

The doc is called The Last Dance. The centerpiece is the Bulls final year of their championship era. Then the stuff orbiting it is MJ's celebrity, his early years, the other star Bulls players, key moments in the NBA and Bulls history, some supporting players contributions, all the ppl in the background you didn't know about, Bulls management, etc.

There's more than enough stuff in it that made Jordan look bad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom