THE LEBRON 13 THREAD *Elites released**Command Force 6/11/16

Can't even begin to judge by them pics

Hoping for more Cleve cws but you never know with Nike

Silo looks....odd...don't like the little gaps between the different areas around the ankle collar. Reminds me of what they did to the Soldiers and if they're anything like that...goodbye sir.

Silo looks....odd...don't like the little gaps between the different areas around the ankle collar. Reminds me of what they did to the Soldiers and if they're anything like that...goodbye sir.

Well from that silhouette it looks like the shoe is a lowtop with ankle support coming predominantly from that 'floating' collar.

It looks like they'll be unique. I always look for that in a signature shoe.. :pimp:

As long as they don't look like the Kobe boots

Last edited:
It looks like they'll be unique. I always look for that in a signature shoe..
pimp.gif

Agreed, and agreed!  
laugh.gif

Back again after copping 6 pairs of 12s and probably more. Dare I say it but I think this is the year of the soldiers. Judging from the description I think they tried way too much with these. I just wish they would go back to the 8s or 10s type of look.

It looks like they'll be unique. I always look for that in a signature shoe.. :pimp:

Ha ha ha. Kobe has boots still huh. LeBron has wheats though. More boot looking than any Kobe ever. The AZG started it. I guess LeBron is the sneaker boot OG. All the kids seem to want them now. How ironic for any LeBron wheat owner or person that likes that CW to call a Kobe boot looking.

Ha ha ha. Kobe has boots still huh. LeBron has wheats though. More boot looking than any Kobe ever. The AZG started it. I guess LeBron is the sneaker boot OG. All the kids seem to want them now. How ironic for any LeBron wheat owner or person that likes that CW to call a Kobe boot looking.
It's the shape, not the colorways.  Kobe 9's and 10's are one of the tallest Nike Basketball sneakers ever made.  

It's not the first, second or even the millionth time those Kobes have been compared to racing/wrestling/boxing boots, it's the shape and height of them.   

Last edited:
It's the shape, not the colorways.  Kobe 9's and 10's are one of the tallest Nike Basketball sneakers ever made.  
It's not the first, second or even the millionth time those Kobes have been compared to racing/wrestling/boxing boots, it's the shape and height of them.   

Young mans opinion. Shoe company's been making tall shoes. Seeing White Man Can't Jump for the first time, never once crossed my mind Woody was wearing boots.

View media item 1598755
Those look like a basketball shoe to me. I don't see a boot. Along with the Mags or Reebok Battleground. Same tall sneakers. Young dudes act like tall basketball shoes are new.

View media item 1598774
Those are mids. Nothing tall about those Foams. Now what looks more like a boot. The mid Foams or the tall Kobe 9 or 10?

Last edited:
Young mans opinion. Shoe company's been making tall shoes. Seeing White Man Can't Jump for the first time, never once crossed my mind Woody was wearing boots.

Those look like a basketball shoe to me. I don't see a boot. Along with the Mags or Reebok Battleground. Same tall sneakers. Young dudes act like tall basketball shoes are new.
This is a thread about the LeBron 13, there are multiple Kobe threads on NT where you can go and debate what the Kobes look like and how "these youngsters" slander the shape of them.  

This is a thread about the LeBron 13, there are multiple Kobe threads on NT where you can go and debate what the Kobes look like and how "these youngsters" slander the shape of them.  

You jumped into my convo. I didn't quote you originally. I see you want to get out of this convo after the points made in my last post by playing mod now. Cool. I'll let you off the hook.

You had no issue with bringing Kobe up in your post before I schooled you. Now suddenly it's a problem and "this is the 13 thread"! Ha ha ha

Last edited:
You jumped into my convo. I didn't quote you originally. I see you want to get out of this convo after the points made in my last post by playing mod now. Cool. I'll let you off the hook.

You had no issue about bringing Kobe up in your post before I schooled you. Now suddenly it's a problem and "this is the 13 thread"! Ha ha ha
1.  I'm doing you the favor.  A debate about what a shoe looks like or is perceived by someone else isn't a debate that can be "won."  

2.  The fact that your Kobe "feels" got all activated when someone was simply talking about silhouettes tells me you aren't going to understand any further discussion why people have been referring to the shape of the high kobes as "boots" for over 2 years now.  

3.  You are now sharing "your opinions" on what shoes you think look like/don't look like boots, that's it.  There are no "points made," this isn't the State Debate tournament.   You are posting pictures of foams and command forces now.  That's great you think Wheat Foams look more like boots, isn't going to change other peoples opinions on what the Kobes look like to THEM.  You don't have to agree with them.     

4.  You are right, I'm no mod, and I did initially try to explain the the comparison to you, but I realized quickly this was a convo going nowhere fast, and that clearly you have a passion for defending the Kobes.  Which is funny because I actually like the Kobe highs, but am open minded enough to see how they could look like wrestling/boxing boots.    

5.  The only thing I've been "schooled" on is how join dates can still be relevant when trying share information/opinions with other members.  

Last edited:
This looks like an Adidas shoe that came out a few years ago, or a Jordan shoe that was out that had a removable inner bootie, liner, ankle brace, one that I cannot remember the name. The Adidas shoe was called the Heat or something, and had that dope cushioning system like feet you wear.

edit: here it is

HeatCheckprofile.jpg

I'm curious how that "dynamic stretch fit upper" mentioned in the tech specs is going to be. Wonder if they're going to use flyweave or something like it.

This looks like an Adidas shoe that came out a few years ago, or a Jordan shoe that was out that had a removable inner bootie, liner, ankle brace, one that I cannot remember the name. The Adidas shoe was called the Heat or something, and had that dope cushioning system like feet you wear.

edit: here it is

HeatCheckprofile.jpg
They create that on 2K? 
eyes.gif

1.  I'm doing you the favor.  A debate about what a shoe looks like or is perceived by someone else isn't a debate that can be "won."  
2.  The fact that your Kobe "feels" got all activated when someone was simply talking about silhouettes tells me you aren't going to understand any further discussion why people have been referring to the shape of the high kobes as "boots" for over 2 years now.  
3.  You are now sharing "your opinions" on what shoes you think look like/don't look like boots, that's it.  There are no "points made," this isn't the State Debate tournament.   You are posting pictures of foams and command forces now.  That's great you think Wheat Foams look more like boots, isn't going to change other peoples opinions on what the Kobes look like to THEM.  You don't have to agree with them.     
4.  You are right, I'm no mod, and I did initially try to explain the the comparison to you, but I realized quickly this was a convo going nowhere fast, and that clearly you have a passion for defending the Kobes.  Which is funny because I actually like the Kobe highs, but am open minded enough to see how they could look like wrestling/boxing boots.    
5.  The only thing I've been "schooled" on is how join dates can still be relevant when trying share information/opinions with other members.  

It wasn't about Kobes. It was hight vs CW. You took offense to me using the word "young" pointed out by your quotes.

Today this is how people generalize

Tall = boot
Mid = everything else
Low = runner

The proof is the KD thread where the most popular thing to say is they look like running shoes. That's the same stupid mentality at work.

The fact they look like air maxes isn't a surprise because Nike has a history of making sigs after other current sneakers. Jordan 1/ Dunks, Jordan 8/ Air Raids for example.

Point is basketball shoes come in highs and lows. They always have. Show me a mans boot that looks like the Kobe 9 or 10. I haven't seen them. You failed to answer my question of which shoe I posted looked more boot like because the answer is the mid Foam and the reason is color not hight which proves my point. Man up and admit that.

Last edited:
Ehhhh nobody says the Kobe 5-8 9-10 lows look like running shoes. Nor do they say the hyperchase and kds before the 8 look like running shoes.

The kd8 looks like a running shoe because it shares many visible characteristics of nike running shoes......

Back
Top Bottom