THE LEBRON 13 THREAD *Elites released**Command Force 6/11/16

Copped the Written in the Stars CW for 127.48 off NDC with the clearance coupon. Was tempted at FTL Saturday night to get the Christmas pair but wanted to wait to get em with a discount.

Via the carter soles
that spoiler though
roll.gif
I wonder what non-sense they're going for this yr

That design on the side of the shoe looks so weird. As in a awkward way.
Not feelin the gum sole. Should have been clear or smoke grey tinted.

Yea I agree. Anyone using these for ballin? How do you like them?

That design on the side of the shoe looks so weird. As in a awkward way.
Yea I agree. Anyone using these for ballin? How do you like them?
I balled in my 13s today for about 3.5 hours before my right pinky toe started killing me. I had a good 6-8 hours of break-in time prior to today and didn't have this issue.

I have a narrow foot which causes my foot to slide forward on hard stops causing my big toe nails to get bruised up (toe nails only got bruised up during the first 6-8 hours). This happened no matter how tight I would lace them up. Another thing is that after each game, I had the need to re-lace up. The longer time I played in them, the more my feet would slide forward. This was most likely due to my feet sweating as opposed to the laces loosening up (the lace knot kept getting longer with each lace-up).

Today, I combated my toes jamming to the front of the shoes by not stopping too forcefully, but for some reason my right pinky toe started feeling really raw. Mind you, this is after 3-3.5 hours of play which I had never done previously in the 13s. So, I put on an extra sock in an attempt to pad the pinky toe, but the burn only got worse. I took off the extra sock and changed into my Melo M-11s. 

Overall, I am very pleased with the shoe despite the initial toe-jamming (didn't happen today) and pinky toe rub (I usually don't play for as long as I did today so this shouldn't really be a problem). The cushioning on these shoes are incredible, and for some of us players that are 30+, our joints and knees will thank us later. The cushioning, stability, durability and obviously the aesthetics of the shoe are all reasons why I love these and will continue to play in them. I think with more break-in time and really good socks (Thorlos in my opinion are the best), these shoes could improve in the fit department as well. Traction is kind of so-so, so if you're a quick guard that cuts and changes direction a lot, you might want to consider some other options. 

I balled in my 13s today for about 3.5 hours before my right pinky toe started killing me. I had a good 6-8 hours of break-in time prior to today and didn't have this issue.

I have a narrow foot which causes my foot to slide forward on hard stops causing my big toe nails to get bruised up (toe nails only got bruised up during the first 6-8 hours). This happened no matter how tight I would lace them up. Another thing is that after each game, I had the need to re-lace up. The longer time I played in them, the more my feet would slide forward. This was most likely due to my feet sweating as opposed to the laces loosening up (the lace knot kept getting longer with each lace-up).

Today, I combated my toes jamming to the front of the shoes by not stopping too forcefully, but for some reason my right pinky toe started feeling really raw. Mind you, this is after 3-3.5 hours of play which I had never done previously in the 13s. So, I put on an extra sock in an attempt to pad the pinky toe, but the burn only got worse. I took off the extra sock and changed into my Melo M-11s. 

Overall, I am very pleased with the shoe despite the initial toe-jamming (didn't happen today) and pinky toe rub (I usually don't play for as long as I did today so this shouldn't really be a problem). The cushioning on these shoes are incredible, and for some of us players that are 30+, our joints and knees will thank us later. The cushioning, stability, durability and obviously the aesthetics of the shoe are all reasons why I love these and will continue to play in them. I think with more break-in time and really good socks (Thorlos in my opinion are the best), these shoes could improve in the fit department as well. Traction is kind of so-so, so if you're a quick guard that cuts and changes direction a lot, you might want to consider some other options. 

Appreciate the detailed review

Thank you for the review. The fit is type weird indeed. I've watched reviews and asked NTers and the consensus was half size down. So I went with that and although the length was bad my feet were killing me when I walked or even flexed. It felt like my feet was a car and the sneaker was a trash compsctor. It gave me callouses.

I went with my true size and no pain at all. I have narrow flat feet

View media item 1848545

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom