The LeBron line

Do you guys think the LeBron lines will be nearly as successful when it is said and done? Like we all know how Jordans were. They werent that popular then in10 years, they popularity skyrocketed off the charts. Do you think that LeBron will one day reach that level?

I can see the I - VI being really sought after alot down the road.

people ask this all the time

im saying no, they wont

there are wayyy too many colorways, the only ones that will be worth something are like ultra limited edition lebrons that no one can get

it definitely could be. but then again jordans could still outshine them 10 years from now.

it seems like the popularity of jordans skyrocketed because alot of people that are buying them now were younger when the shoes originally released and eithercould not afford them or weren't allowed to get them. now that this group is older you have the people who bought the jordans when they first released aswell as the people who were kids and wanted them. time expanded the market for jordan shoes.

Jordans weren't that popular in the first 10 years?

Whatever you're smoking, I want some.

Originally Posted by AirJordanXVIII

Do you guys think the LeBron lines will be nearly as successful when it is said and done? Like we all know how Jordans were. They werent that popular then in 10 years, they popularity skyrocketed off the charts. Do you think that LeBron will one day reach that level?

I can see the I - VI being really sought after alot down the road.
Really?

bunny-yawn.jpg

the day these retro...... i will cop 10 pairs....
lebron-james-dunkman-player-exclusive-wallpaper-2.thumbnail.jpg

but to answer your question... the II, III, and the IVs yes, they will be wanted. i dont think the Vs and the VIs and how the VIIs look will ever be wanted asmuch and his sig line is going downhill...
frown.gif

No shoe line will ever be as popular as the jordan line...the jordan line started it all...and I only like the nike air zoom generations and the VI's =]

The Jordan situation was very unique. The combination of an exciting player, the right company at the right time in the market, a good marketing company tohelp, and a very good designer (along with other right people who were involved) helped create a solution that nobody predicted.

So when other people/players/companies try and re-create this equation, it's very difficult if not impossible because for all of those things to align andhave lightning strike for it to happen. Lebron's, I don't think, will be the "next Jordans," they can only be the Lebrons. Just like howpeople might say Lebron or Kobe are the next Michael Jordan... no, they are the first and only Lebron and Kobe.

I hate to bring this shoe up..But I can def see the Yeezy gaining jordan caliber.......
I can only imagine how it will be when the shoe retros 10 years from now....Espically at the rate that kanye is putting out good music.
Imagine if like marvin gaye or phil collins released a shoe with nike and today it was being retroed wouldnt that be crazy!

Originally Posted by blco02

Jordans weren't that popular in the first 10 years?

Whatever you're smoking, I want some.
roll.gif

anyway it would be popular with collectors and lebron fans of course but to me its getting ridiculous with all these color ways, i'm kind of getting oversaturated with lebron shoes, it was better when there wasn't too many colors being release for a particular model.

Originally Posted by GTEK

I hate to bring this shoe up..But I can def see the Yeezy gaining jordan caliber.......
I can only imagine how it will be when the shoe retros 10 years from now....Espically at the rate that kanye is putting out good music.
Imagine if like marvin gaye or phil collins released a shoe with nike and today it was being retroed wouldnt that be crazy!
indifferent.gif

we listen to good artists' music, but wear great atheletes' sneakers.

with that said... never, never, never, ever put Kanyes name with MJ. NEVER

i have a pair of yeezys, but using Yeezy and Jordan in the same sentence is just wow. yeezys will never reach jordan caliber ever. Yeezys arestraight up hype while Jordans are timeless classics.

WOW......
indifferent.gif

isnt WEARABILITY thrown into the equation here? all these kids are hoarding and saving these lebrons hoping they gain in value. no one is experiencing theshoes "power" or mystique if you will. few are creating memories in their pairs.. I dont see these needing a retro down the line as there is manystill out there.. jordans were worn and worn and worn with little regard to future "worth". so when retros came along for jordan brand.... gameover... reintroduction for millions into shoes they loved or couldnt get.... and what's the lebron line have going for it??? Dunkman II and III, first gameIs, and possibly 2-3 others?? over saturated market meanwhile Lebron is wearing PE colorways only he has lol perfect storm for failure

Originally Posted by never wear them

but to answer your question... the II, III, and the IVs yes, they will be wanted. i dont think the Vs and the VIs and how the VIIs look will ever be wanted as much and his sig line is going downhill...
frown.gif
If nike started releasing stuff like dunkmans and the really sought after pes when it retroed I-IV a lot of die hard lebron pe heads wouldbe
mad.gif

Originally Posted by never wear them

but to answer your question... the II, III, and the IVs yes, they will be wanted. i dont think the Vs and the VIs and how the VIIs look will ever be wanted as much and his sig line is going downhill...
frown.gif
Never I agree. I have a pair and I would stock up like we were about to have a famine. Nike could run triple their regular Production on theseand there would be none on shelves past day one. But they might change Gun Metal Grey and make them Reflective. lol

please stop posting.

I've had them all except the VI...... but the II's are the only one's I would buy another pair of.

i have yet to buy a single pair of Lebrons but the 6's are looking better an better to me.....might cop the MVPs as my first pair

No they wouldnt because people sit on shoes now hoping they will be worth money before people actually wore Jordans and beat them.

Back
Top Bottom