The Lego Movie (2/7/14)....Cameos: Batman, Superman, NBA, Ninja Turtles...8.9 on IMDB

Movie grossed $69.11 million this weekend. The 2nd biggest opening in February. The first belonging to 2004′s Passion of the Christ.

taking my 6 year old and 3 year old tonight.

is 3D worth the extra bread? :nerd:

I had to choose the 3D option since we didn't make it to the regular showing. I say skip the 3D, but then again, I'm against 3D since it makes my head hurt at the end.

8 'LEGO Movie' Easter Eggs You Probably Missed in spoiler mode below...

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1722028/lego-movie-easter-eggs-surprises.jhtml

"Eight And A Half Years Later"
Right at the top of the movie, after Lord Business (Will Ferrell) and Vitruvius (Morgan Freeman) battle for possession of the all-powerful Kragle, we cut to a title screen that says, "Eight And A Half Years Later." While this is a nice preview of the running "very specific time frame" joke throughout the movie, it's also way more important to the plot.

That's because Finn (Jadon Sand), the kid who ultimately turns out to be playing with the LEGOs in the movie is eight and a half years old. So though it's never explicitly stated, when Finn was born, The Man Upstairs locked his toys away, separated the worlds and made sure that his son would never play with them. Given the poignant ending, this is yet another beautiful, emotional detail that adds to the richness of the film.

Gone In A Flash
Batman, Superman, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman all get their time to shine in the movie, but there is one other DC Comics superhero gets his big screen debut. That would be the Flash, seen during Metal Beard's flashback to the Master Builders' initial assault on Lord Business' stronghold. He doesn't get any lines, so hopefully we'll get to see more of the speedster in the sequel.

Everything Is Western
When Wyldstyle (Elizabeth Banks) and Emmet (Chris Pratt) visit The Old West, you can hear a plinky, olde timey Western version of "Everything Is Awesome" playing in the bar. That's adorable, partner.

Episode VII
One of the biggest cameos in the movie has to be when the Millennium Falcon shows up unexpectedly next to our heroes' pirate ship. Though they weren't able to get Harrison Ford back as Han Solo (he's voiced by Keith Ferguson, who's done various Ford characters on "Robot Chicken"), they did manage to snag Billy Dee Williams for Lando, and Anthony Daniels for C-3P0. It's surprising that the Warner Brothers movie managed to get Disney's talent, but the long relationship between LEGO and Lucasfilm makes the whole thing a little more understandable. And super freakin' awesome.

21 Super Street
Another big screen reunion, Channing Tatum plays Superman and Jonah Hill plays Green Lantern, reprising their partnership from directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller's "21 Jump Street." The team will once again reunite on "22 Jump Street," though out of their superhero costumes.

The Bionicle Man
When Vitruvius runs down all the worlds Lord Business has tried to lock down, he mentions there's a bunch we don't care about. One that quickly flashes on screen is Bioncile, a LEGO line that ran from 2001-2010 with a deep, complicated back-story of its own. Though this may have been a joke at the expense of some of the brick-maker's failed toys, it's also an indication of places the story could go in the sequel.

What's With All The Croissants?
One of the more knowing jokes in the movie finds Emmet's "friends" talking about what makes them all different, which includes eating croissants, and loving turkey drumsticks. The reason behind this is that LEGO has a few generic foods that fit right into mini-figs hands. Croissants actually show up in over 30 different LEGO sets, while turkey drumsticks are in well over 50. Probably the only item more popular is carrots, which show up over 60 times.

Robinov's In Disguise
Here's one we actually missed, but according to Deadline there's a shout-out to Jeffrey Robinov. The legendary studio head was working at Warner Brothers and greenlit "The LEGO Movie," before abruptly leaving the company. Perhaps he's mentioned on one of the many, many billboards in Brickington at the beginning of the movie? We'll just have to go watch the movie a few more times to find out...

bought the game for my lil boy monday.. he beat it last night :smokin :smokin

really enjoyed it.. super man, batman, green lantern, wonder woman even gandolf from lord of the rings charecters are unlocked. pretty cool no turtle cameos tho :frown:

plan to catch the movie this weekend if the snow calms down.

- Much luv, Stay Freshhhh !!! :smokin :smokin

I seen it and enjoyed it but I feel like it wasnt worth the ticket price...but definitely a movie rental or whatever...still pretty good :lol:

Loved the movie.

Can't find the exact quote but it was when Benny was building the spaceship and someone said something along the lines of, "You go spaceman that no one knows" or something like that.

Had me literally lolling in the theaters.

Saw This Last Night, Loved It. Those Bloopers A Page Back Were Pretty Cool Too :pimp:

Everything Is Awesome! :pimp:

im gonna check this out tonight in the comfort of my own home.

naw mean.

i heard nothing but good things about it.

i need to check this out, all of the reviews point to it being one of the best movies that came out so far this year

I loved this movie. I thought they did a solid job of bringing that world to life.
I definitely laughed more than I thought I would because the jokes are so witty.
8/10

Just saw it on hbo, fun movie. Lego 2 should pack more cameos. That song was catchy as hell :lol:

Batman was the best part. Good thing WB noticed that and he's getting his own movie. The superman green lantern bit was funny jonah and tatum :lol:

I saw it in Spanish and I was in tears I can only imagine it not subbed :rofl:

Batman was a trip

Back
Top Bottom