~The Mavs looking real nice!~

^Ok, second round, game 7 K.O. Is that better?
Bottom line, Mavs are a good team, but don't have what it takes to make it to the Finals. Everyone knows this. Feel free to quote me.

Bottom line, Mavs are a good team, but don't have what it takes to make it to the Finals. Everyone knows this. Feel free to quote me.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

I wasnt talking to you, but if you read my post you would see that I am in agreement with you that they will lose in the first or second round.

I was talking about the seeding. No way Dallas finishes 4th or 5th if they stay healthy. They will be 2nd or 3rd.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

I wasnt talking to you, but if you read my post you would see that I am in agreement with you that they will lose in the first or second round.

I was talking about the seeding. No way Dallas finishes 4th or 5th if they stay healthy. They will be 2nd or 3rd.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Until there's a second star, it won't matter...

They're in good shape with Dirk as the guy. Then they're really solid from three to nine in the rotation. Marion, Caron and JET are all good as third and fourth wheels, and Kidd can still ball and Roddy looks like he'll be a nice find. Plus now they'll have two athletic, true centers that can run the court and defend, which is big for this system..

But there's no #2 and there's still nobody that can create his own shot and make defenses pay every night for doubling Dirk. Until that guy is here, it's not going anywhere...
/thread

Until there's a second star, it won't matter...

They're in good shape with Dirk as the guy. Then they're really solid from three to nine in the rotation. Marion, Caron and JET are all good as third and fourth wheels, and Kidd can still ball and Roddy looks like he'll be a nice find. Plus now they'll have two athletic, true centers that can run the court and defend, which is big for this system..

But there's no #2 and there's still nobody that can create his own shot and make defenses pay every night for doubling Dirk. Until that guy is here, it's not going anywhere...
/thread

Originally Posted by gotJz

Wait, so Caron can't create his own shot? As a Wiz fan I know for a fact he can. In 2008, when they made the playoffs, they did it practically without Gil and Antawn Jamison is good, but not really the type to create his shot so to say. He scores off the dribble, but its hard to explain. As for CB he definitely was creating his own shot and leading the team that year.
So you think he's a decent #2 and is going to keep teams from doubling Dirk every time he touches the ball? From what I saw after he came here, ain't a chance in hell he's that guy.

i was gonna disagree with you nowitness about your comment of the mavs not having a #2 and i was going to say caron too but youre right as good as caron is he doesnt seem to take the pressure off dirk

Originally Posted by gotJz

Wait, so Caron can't create his own shot? As a Wiz fan I know for a fact he can. In 2008, when they made the playoffs, they did it practically without Gil and Antawn Jamison is good, but not really the type to create his shot so to say. He scores off the dribble, but its hard to explain. As for CB he definitely was creating his own shot and leading the team that year.
So you think he's a decent #2 and is going to keep teams from doubling Dirk every time he touches the ball? From what I saw after he came here, ain't a chance in hell he's that guy.

i was gonna disagree with you nowitness about your comment of the mavs not having a #2 and i was going to say caron too but youre right as good as caron is he doesnt seem to take the pressure off dirk

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

They do look good on paper (once again)... But we'll see come playoff time.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

He's not a #2... Maybe if he was still as productive as he was few years back, but he's just not. At least he wasn't this year in Dallas. Maybe it's familiarity with the system and we'll see that guy this year, but I doubt it...

More likely, he'll be part of a mid-season trade attempt along with Chandler, Stevenson and Roddy to try (and likely fail) to take a superstar and bad contracts from somebody again..

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

He's not a #2... Maybe if he was still as productive as he was few years back, but he's just not. At least he wasn't this year in Dallas. Maybe it's familiarity with the system and we'll see that guy this year, but I doubt it...

More likely, he'll be part of a mid-season trade attempt along with Chandler, Stevenson and Roddy to try (and likely fail) to take a superstar and bad contracts from somebody again..

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Yea they generally do LOOK nice.

I remember going to a game when they played Detroit and it was Nash, Dirk, Jamison, Antoine Walker, Finley, Shawn Bradley
laugh.gif
, Josh Howard, Marquis Daniels, and Najera. I remember they had some other dudes pff the bench like Tony Delk, Travis Best, and my dude Mamdou from Auburn. 

I only remember all of the names because they all came in the stands to sign autographs (besides Dirk and Nash) after they took an L haha 

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Yea they generally do LOOK nice.

I remember going to a game when they played Detroit and it was Nash, Dirk, Jamison, Antoine Walker, Finley, Shawn Bradley
laugh.gif
, Josh Howard, Marquis Daniels, and Najera. I remember they had some other dudes pff the bench like Tony Delk, Travis Best, and my dude Mamdou from Auburn. 

I only remember all of the names because they all came in the stands to sign autographs (besides Dirk and Nash) after they took an L haha 

This team will go as far as Caron wants to take them. Dirk is still the franchise player, and Kidd is the leader...but I want to see Caron back into his 20 and 6 form. Stop taking pullback jumpers and crash the net.

This team will go as far as Caron wants to take them. Dirk is still the franchise player, and Kidd is the leader...but I want to see Caron back into his 20 and 6 form. Stop taking pullback jumpers and crash the net.

Back
Top Bottom