The Meaning of Deadstock

I wear all my kix, so I don't call myself a collector. But I've been a full blown sneakerfiend for sometime. Deadstock means : No longer in production,unavailable in Retail. I know I'm not wrong. But weigh in. I've been seeing alot heads saying DS and refering to fresh out the box. What's youropinion?

Deadstock means its never been worn before...... basically in new unworn condition.
n5kdb8.gif

Lol some fool on ebay selling some beat $+% huaraches tried to argue with me that they were ds smh

I agree with the OP, DS means no longer in stock at stores. Think about it and break down the two words.
- Dead: No longer functioning or cease to exist.
- Stock: Supply of goods or inventory product

Therefore if you put 2 and 2 together you get Deadstock: Inventory product that ceased to exist.

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

I agree with the OP, DS means no longer in stock at stores. Think about it and break down the two words.

Therefore if you put 2 and 2 together you get Deadstock: Inventory product that ceased to exist.
that's what it SHOULD mean, but that isnt the case in the sneakerhead world

Originally Posted by NJstress03

/thread

The term changed over the years. It doesn't mean the supply is empty if anything it's meant in the opposite direction. In the 90s stores and peopleused the term for stuff that wouldn't sell or move. Hence a dead stock that isn't moving. I'm sure some people in this thread have been or seen amom and pop's store with a huge selection of old vintage 90s reebok nikes etc.. hidden in the back. That's pretty much what it is. Experienced it oncesearching hours in some mom and pops old attic filled with stuff from the 80-90s. Too bad everything good was gone, but me and my boy came out with about 20pairs total when we went.

so VNDS means very nearly dead in stock? Na fam

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

/thread
lock it up
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

/thread

So my 17s are DS
pimp.gif

11r9pnd.png

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

So my 17s are DS
pimp.gif

11r9pnd.png
laugh.gif
roll.gif

That's what it DID mean to some people at one point in time. People wouldfind piles and piles of deadstock before...stockroom pics anyone?. From my understanding, the term just evolved form there, since these finds would almostalways be in mint, un used condition

I agree the term changed over the years.Now it's OG and deadstock now means fresh out the box. So even if I keep the wackest pair never worn. I gotdeadstock kix. Times do change.

flyrobotics wrote:
I agree the term changed over the years.Now it's OG and deadstock now means fresh out the box. So even if I keep the wackest pair never worn. I got deadstock kix. Times do change.

terminology has the tendency of havin its definition change over time, especially slang

well thats what deadstock actually meant but everyone into sneakers has used it wrong and since then its just been adopted as never worn

deadstock to me means they have never been worn or tried on, soles are still crisp and clean, and the laces are still factory tied.

The only person to touch the shoe is the 9year old Nike Factory worker who put them in the box.

Back
Top Bottom