The media is a poison to the youts (duh)

I know what comes with sheltering your kids as I've personally seen it. I suppose talking to your kids and letting them know about it would be the bestsolution. I mean, who wants to get off of work and see their daughter doing her best Tweak Team rendition? In retrospect I'm not sure if I would blockanything, but I think talking to them about it is important.

Definitely agree--MTV is proof enough...

I realized a while back that the media was nothing but a tool to dumb the masses. This way, they would never exercise the right to take matters into their ownhands upon realizing just how horrid of a job the "ruling body" is doing--err, government.

The roman empire was pulling the same ishh with the Colliseum games. Just as the U.S republic is pulling the same ishhh with what you watch on tv. It'seven more interesting when you realize that the framework of the U.S government was inspired by the last great republic...

No..I spelled it right

The roman empire was pulling the same ishh with the Colliseum games. Just as the U.S republic is pulling the same ishhh with what you watch on tv. It's even more interesting when you realize that the framework of the U.S government was inspired by the last great republic...

Word.

Its the perfect poison for the American population. Not just yutes, the whole population is being brainwashed. Just take a look at the substance, views andopinions of NT general on a regular day. You can throw videogames into that mix too. I totally disagree with further censoring of youtube though, its one ofthe last frontier of free speech and thought.

I totally disagree with further censoring of youtube though, its one of the last frontier of free speech and thought.

That was my conflicting thought. So you would let you son, daughter browse it will no inhibitions?

So this is the Republican Corner or something?

Exposing your kids and teaching them how to live in the real world like a responsible human being>>>>>>>>>Pulling the wool overtheir eyes.

You're right. Like I said, I think the best solution would be talking to them about it.

Youtube - just monitor what they watch and let them know what their boundaries are.

TV - just monitor what they watch and let them know what their boundaries are.

Friends - just monitor who they're with and let them know what their boundaries are.

basic parenting

I'm not letting my kids watch tv... matter fact tv won't even exist to them... gonna get home schooled on everything

It sounds basic but let's look at the time table. The way/amount of time the average family interacts with each other today compared to the 60's isdramatically different. I think we can all attest to this, that isn't to say this is in every case of course. Housewives pursuing jobs was a catalyst forthis. I know people who hardly see their parents, I mean they'll come home do homework in their room..go out to eat dinner then its back in their room forthe rest of the night. Listening to music, playing video games, or on the computer etc.

Originally Posted by breaux

Youtube - just monitor what they watch and let them know what their boundaries are.

Friends - just monitor who they're with and let them know what their boundaries are.

basic parenting

easier said than done.

Originally Posted by MaxElite

basic parenting

easier said than done.

when you are responsible for the upbringing of another lifeform.... the difficulty of a task isn't as much a factor as the necessity of it...

easier said than done?...well...
nike_just_do_it.jpg

(PS. im helping my sis raise my niece and i deal with these issues daily)

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

It sounds basic but let's look at the time table. The way/amount of time the average family interacts with each other today compared to the 60's is dramatically different. I think we can all attest to this, that isn't to say this is in every case of course. Housewives pursuing jobs was a catalyst for this. I know people who hardly see their parents, I mean they'll come home do homework in their room..go out to eat dinner then its back in their room for the rest of the night. Listening to music, playing video games, or on the computer etc.

no. you just can't point to housewives, because its parents in general that was the catalyst for this

Having children before having a stable nuclear family unit = catalyst for this

I thought someone would look at it like that, I agree but it was one of the catalyst for this.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Its the perfect poison for the American population. Not just yutes, the whole population is being brainwashed. Just take a look at the substance, views and opinions of NT general on a regular day. You can throw videogames into that mix too. I totally disagree with further censoring of youtube though, its one of the last frontier of free speech and thought.

Word. Journalists on are so restricted to the point where they're being spied on by our own government. There has to be some outlet for the truth. The internet is it for right now, although, I see a regulation for this as soon as they figure out a good way to do it.

Are all these responses some type of joke that is over my head?

Especially being that you guys are all on a COMPUTER typing these responses. That same machine that some of you deem to be "evil".

Originally Posted by MaxElite

basic parenting

easier said than done.

when you are responsible for the upbringing of another lifeform.... the difficulty of a task isn't as much a factor as the necessity of it...

easier said than done?...well...
nike_just_do_it.jpg

(PS. im helping my sis raise my niece and i deal with these issues daily)

yeah you can do all those things that you listed (which i agree with 100%) but at a certain age those boundaries only go so far. at some point you just have tohope that you've given them best knowledge possible to make the right decisions, etc on their own.

PS. yes i have a kid. granted he's not at that age yet but its already harder than i thought
laugh.gif

Agreed..I'd rather let them hear it from me than their "friends" ,television, or the internet.

only if yall knew the truth....

2012 solar flash here we come

the blackout is the time for us to take over ....

Back
Top Bottom