The Mist: One of the Best movies of the decade, do you guys agree?

Originally Posted by eghckk

The ending ruined the movie for me. Possibly one of the worst endings in the history of movies.
Whether you liked the ending or not, it had people talking. I wish more movies would have conclusions as unpredictable as this.

It wasnt a bad movie...I was good.
The ending tho
eek.gif
tired.gif

actually the worst movie i've ever seen

i saw the ending coming as soon as he stopped the car and everyone was lookin shook. the writing and acting were just so poor, a bunch of caricatures portrayedby lousy actors

pimp.gif
one of my fav films of this decade. Loved the ending.

Also, if you have the 2 disc DVD there's a black and white version of the film which I felt suited the film a lot better.

Good flick. the end of course was
eek.gif
smh.gif
tired.gif

Crazy that's really how ppl would act in a chaotic situation like that rather than sticking together...the black dude was an *#! hole
smh.gif
laugh.gif

You need to step back an appreciate the commentary on human behavior.
That itself intrigued me more than the ending

I think some of you guys watched the movie with the mind of a 12 year old.

You need to step back an appreciate the commentary on human behavior.

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

I dont think I hated a character as much as I did in this movie. The audience reaction to her fate was one of the best reactions out of an audience ive experienced
That character was so well done. She aggravated the hell out of me too.
laugh.gif

The ending ruined the movie for me. Possibly one of the worst endings in the history of movies.
The ending was the best thing about the movie.

I didn't really like The Mist as a whole. A big reason why was because of how poor the CGI was and that really threw me off. There were some parts of themovie that just didn't make sense. But I'll give them props for that ending...that +!@+ took balls. They took the ending of the OG story and completelychanged it...for the better. It's usually the other way around.
Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I wish more movies would have conclusions as unpredictable as this.
Word.

people just can't take things different then the norm. If people are saying the ending to this was bad, what could have been a good ending then? Them allmaking it out of alive with flowers all over the place and rabbits prancing around?

Originally Posted by FlashEightZero

i saw the ending coming as soon as he stopped the car and everyone was lookin shook. the writing and acting were just so poor, a bunch of caricatures portrayed by lousy actors

agreed.
I wouldnt say its the worst movie I've ever seen, but the whole time Im watching Im smirkin, shakin my head.
and at the end, the entire theater let out a collective "whhhaaaa? *sucks teeth*"

the whole "commentary on human behavior" is a joke. Everybody was hatin on that preacher lady, then they jump and side with her that quick? c'mon son. Like I dont doubt that scenario coulda played out over a long stretch of time, but that soon? everybody is that simple-minded? and theres onlythe 1 voice of reason?

Whether you liked the ending or not, it had people talking. I wish more movies would have conclusions as unpredictable as this.
The ending wasn't unpredictable it was stupid and contrived and executed poorly. They tried too hard to do a twist ending to shock peoplewhich detracted from all the good things the film did up until that point. I can understand them not wanting to make it a happy ending but the whole thing feltrushed and out of character. It's not believable that those people would go through all that trouble to survive just to then take their own lives in theend for no good reason. The tank coming in was unnecessary too they should of just left it open ended like the ending of the book.

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

Originally Posted by FlashEightZero

i saw the ending coming as soon as he stopped the car and everyone was lookin shook. the writing and acting were just so poor, a bunch of caricatures portrayed by lousy actors

agreed.
I wouldnt say its the worst movie I've ever seen, but the whole time Im watching Im smirkin, shakin my head.
and at the end, the entire theater let out a collective "whhhaaaa? *sucks teeth*"

the whole "commentary on human behavior" is a joke. Everybody was hatin on that preacher lady, then they jump and side with her that quick? c'mon son. Like I dont doubt that scenario coulda played out over a long stretch of time, but that soon? everybody is that simple-minded? and theres only the 1 voice of reason?
You sir have not been around ppl long enough, especially when a disaster hits ..... It wasn't about there being one voice but that the voiceof "religion" is usually the loudest ..... what's shocking is that in this movie's case, it was better to "stick with the pack"which of course is the path of survival in society ...... This movie has so many different layers too it .... too bad it was greatly overshadowed by horrendousacting

i loved this movie...the ending gets me every time, the first time i saw it my mouth dropped and i just sat there staring at the credits and just thinking damnthis is so messed up!

dam cant any1 post screencaps of some octupuss monster in the movie? havent seen it but I heard it looks like 32-bit nintendo cgi
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The ending wasn't unpredictable it was stupid and contrived and executed poorly. They tried too hard to do a twist ending to shock people which detracted from all the good things the film did up until that point. I can understand them not wanting to make it a happy ending but the whole thing felt rushed and out of character. It's not believable that those people would go through all that trouble to survive just to then take their own lives in the end for no good reason. The tank coming in was unnecessary too they should of just left it open ended like the ending of the book.

Are you serious B.....if you saw that coming you're some kind of wizard.

Honestly one of the most unbearable movies I've ever had to sit through. Didn't feel like being a douche and making my gf leave the theater but Ireally contemplated scratching my eyes out. I'm usually one to say "to each is own" or something, but I just can't here.

Back
Top Bottom