The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Surprising to see the somewhat cordial interaction between Adensaya and Costa.

When Jon Jones leaked his DMs with Costa it was very apparent that Costa talks to sell the fights I guess, but he's probably not that dude otherwise. He was literally apologizing for offending Jon Jones and said his twitter is a "comedy page".

Not mad at it tho. Izzy vs Costa is gonna be fireworks regardless.

Disappointing performance by TWood but I should have known he'd lay an egg. Seems like these last three fights have consisted of him being clinched to death. He might just fight out his contract and go to TMZ full time or try being an analyst with ufc/espn.

I'd like to see the Colby-Edwards fight but doubtful it happens. Colby most likely either fights Masvidal or holds out for a shot. I think he needs one more fight though and shouldn't be given an immediate shot.

They threw insults at eachother, but it was never personal.
idk the way they were insulting each other seemed pretty personal. I mean Ricky Martin said he was going to literally kill him and this that and the other while Izzy was calling him all sorts of names

Was surprising to see them be that friendly but that doesn't change the hype I've been having for this matchup

I mean, his own coach said it's personal

idk the way they were insulting each other seemed pretty personal. I mean Ricky Martin said he was going to literally kill him and this that and the other while Izzy was calling him all sorts of names

Was surprising to see them be that friendly but that doesn't change the hype I've been having for this matchup

I mean, his own coach said it's personal

His coach is saying that to sell the fight. No two parties can have any personal animosity unless they had some sort of prior relationship and fallout. For example, Covington and Woodley's feud is more feasible because they were former teammates at the same gym.

His coach is saying that to sell the fight. No two parties can have any personal animosity unless they had some sort of prior relationship and fallout. For example, Covington and Woodley's feud is more feasible because they were former teammates at the same gym.
Alright man it's not worth really debating lol

Alright man it's not worth really debating lol
I didn't bring that up to be argumentative. I just believe that when two fighters are scheduled to fight each other and they had no prior history, then it is nothing more than business. They can talk trash to each other but at the end of the day don't wish ill on one another after the fight.

I didn't bring that up to be argumentative. I just believe that when two fighters are scheduled to fight each other and they had no prior history, then it is nothing more than business. They can talk trash to each other but at the end of the day don't wish ill on one another after the fight.
idk we've seen fighters with no prior history get into genuinely personal beefs. Jorge and Askren most recently. Brock Mir. Jones DC to an extent. No biggie regardless like I said I'm still just as excited about the matchup

idk we've seen fighters with no prior history get into genuinely personal beefs. Jorge and Askren most recently. Brock Mir. Jones DC to an extent. No biggie regardless like I said I'm still just as excited about the matchup
Brock/Mir was based on Brock losing to Mir in their first fight (despite him winning on the feet).

Then they both started popping off in interviews. Brock inserted his WWEisms. Mir being cocky Mir.

man Mir on the juice lol. That was crazy.
I’d book him against Leon. Why waste our time with a Maia fight?

Edwards isn’t taking that fight. High risk, low reward. What does he get for beating an unranked opponent?

Edwards wants a fight with Colby. There’s clout in that. Colby is #2 and has buzz off of his Woodley win.

What are your guy’s thoughts on politicizing in MMA? I was listening to the Hammer MMA podcast. And we know about Colbys character. But Tyron going heavy on the Black Lives Matter movement. I would call that a human rights movement but the un nuanced way Tyron was responding in the press conference. Was it necessary?

And then that idiot Colby started with the domestic terrorist rhetoric (even though DHS has clearly outlined white terrorists as the biggest threat to America).

Lol cmon man yall ain’t learned by now...

This is the ENTERTAINMENT industry, can’t take none of what these dudes say as absolute truth.

Can’t be that gullible in 2020.

Not surprised with izzy and costa at all, same with jorge and colby....yall just feeding into the promotional fodder they want you to.

real or fake fueds, it doesnt matter to me because at the end of the day both guys still have to fight.

Last edited:
Dc and Ariel saying nate lost leverage when colby won and I agree

I feel like the fight to make is colby vs Jorge. The nate Diaz fight is not signed and once they negotiate you know colby will take less than whatever nate is asking for these days

Brock/Mir was based on Brock losing to Mir in their first fight (despite him winning on the feet).

Then they both started popping off in interviews. Brock inserted his WWEisms. Mir being cocky Mir.

man Mir on the juice lol. That was crazy.

Edwards isn’t taking that fight. High risk, low reward. What does he get for beating an unranked opponent?

Edwards wants a fight with Colby. There’s clout in that. Colby is #2 and has buzz off of his Woodley win.

What are your guy’s thoughts on politicizing in MMA? I was listening to the Hammer MMA podcast. And we know about Colbys character. But Tyron going heavy on the Black Lives Matter movement. I would call that a human rights movement but the un nuanced way Tyron was responding in the press conference. Was it necessary?

And then that idiot Colby started with the domestic terrorist rhetoric (even though DHS has clearly outlined white terrorists as the biggest threat to America).

The thing is I don’t think Leon is in a position to demand fights since he’s seen as high risk low reward by anyone ahead of him and not much of a draw himself. Honestly the best thing for him might be to be the guy that potentially beats the new golden boy in Chimaev.

Back
Top Bottom