The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

How was KZ passive in that 2nd round? Mans threw almost the same amount as Ortega, while cutting the cage off. Wasn't as efficient, but did land harder. He would've taken that round down if not for the spinning elbow.

But anyways, it's fight week..

Hyped :smokin

Good guy Bobby Knuckles

Seeing that Tony beat down again was rough. Then everything with Abdul man..

I watched the full countdown.

Nice to at least see footage and training toward Gaethje TDD. I agree the Gaethje/Ferguson was one of the most savage beat downs.

The Whitaker/Cannonier preview. I liked the occlusion training Jared was doing. I like seeing science applied. Hopefully, Whitaker doesn’t do those looping over hands he did in the Till fight.

Last edited:
I will be here to put my money where my mouth is the next time Ortega fights. Trust and believe. Especially if he gets a title shot after getting mauled and then that.

Luke gets paid to litterally see what isnt there. Je has to make hours of content on it. The fact someone could watch the intricacies an nuances of izzy and then compare Ortega is LAUGHABLE

He landed 12 more shots in this than the Max fight. 2-3 jabs per round.... he just fought a much worse opponent. Or an opponent who had a much worse night anyway.

Luke gets paid to litterally see what isnt there. Je has to make hours of content on it. The fact someone could watch the intricacies an nuances of izzy and then compare Ortega is LAUGHABLE

seriously, the only thing those two fights had in common were obvious displays of bad strategy. costa thinking he had a chance in open space and zombie pretty much walking into his opponents punches

thinking about it makes realize how amazing it was that gsp figured this out, that your head trainer(s) dont have to be the people who come up with your strategy, i think too many fighters are failing to understand this

Brian looked real good, the time off did him well.

wonder if that halle berry milkshake had anything to do with it 😎

I'm with jewseejay jewseejay .

Ortega looked much improved but that was also more on TKZ having an off-night more than anything. Hoping for good odds on Volk if they fight. Would have to rewatch the fight again tho if I was to lay down some big money

I will say that TKZ does have a problem with leg kicks though and Ortega masterfully used that. TKZ-Moicano fight looks totally different if not for the flash KO either. Moicano might have even skated to a dominating win with his leg kicks.

It will be the first time Cormier will be commentating when Khabib is fighting, interesting to see how he goes about it during the fight.

Screenshot_20201020-130839_Instagram.jpg

Fighting at 155 doesnt seem to be in this mans plans...

Weird how they are doing the fight early as apposed to later. How is it they did the Ortega vs Zombie fight at normal US hours?

And that Connor photo is old. Isn't he bald and beardless now?

Won't be catching this live but will try to avoid spoilers and then watch it either Sat night or Sunday.

Agree with Khabib 100%. Another win over older more worn Dustin or Conor does zero for Khabib's legacy. If he only has a few more fights left then the only thing that makes sense is Justin then GSP, especially if Khabib just wants to stay at 155. Unfortunately the best version of Tony is in the past and they really should have locked horns years ago... it's simply not the same appeal today

I'm all in for a Khabib GSP showdown

"I really become excited when I think about Georges St-Pierre," Nurmagomedov said on ESPN's First Take. "I don't know if he wants to fight with me or not, can he make weight -- 155 or not -- but this fight makes me excited, honestly.

"And I think me vs. Georges is going to be very, very big fight. Like big fight for fans, big fight for pay-per-view, big fight for analytics, for everybody. This is only fight in UFC, after Gaethje, that makes me very excited."

"I finished both of them (McGregor and Poirer), and finished in dominant position, a dominant performance," Nurmagomedov said. "And I'm not interested in both of those guys, because I need something new. I need new blood, new energy. Justin Gaethje gives me new motivation. He's the real deal. Right now, he's interim champ, he's very tough guy.

"If I think about both, Dustin and Conor, they don't give me good energy, they don't give me motivation. Fight for what? For my legacy? I already put these guys on my list. I already beat them. Everything is finished with these guys."

Love the time slot... Have a family bday get together At 5:30 (Trumpers will be mask less unfortunately), then Michigan kicking off at 7:30... Glad to get the fights out of the way early

Love the time slot... Have a family bday get together At 5:30 (Trumpers will be mask less unfortunately), then Michigan kicking off at 7:30... Glad to get the fights out of the way early
Going to be bizarre waking up and immediately watching a big event like this lol. Reminds me of when Conor fought in Ireland, woke up made bacon and seen Ireland's fighters finishing folks left and right

Back
Top Bottom