The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cowboy v Gaethje Saturday 9/14 @5 PM on ESPN+

Discussion in 'Sports & Training' started by Vincent Van Goat, Dec 1, 2013.

1. xbiker47

xbiker47

Conor :smh:

2. “He’s my buddy,” Cerrone said. “I hung out with him in Vegas for International Fight Week, we just drank beer at the pool all weekend. He’s my friend, we trained a lot together. Obviously, we’ve grown apart training-wise, and he trains somewhere different..but it should be fun.”

The pair used to train together in New Mexico, and Cerrone once knocked Gaethje out in a sparring session before Gaethje made his professional debut.

3. Welp

“I wasn’t impressed at all,” Covington said of Nurmagomedov’s win over Poirier, who happens to be one of his training partners at American Top Team. “We all know Dustin can’t stuff a nosebleed and he also can’t stuff a Khabib takedown. I saw Dustin training the whole camp at American Top Team. He was getting taken down by high school-level wrestlers. His wrestling is just not there. Khabib, he’s beaten all these guys who can’t wrestle. If he fought a wrestler and a well-rounded fighter like myself, I would completely expose him and knock him out.

“So I wasn’t impressed by the sheep f**ker over the weekend,” Covington concluded.

4. ecook0808

ecook0808

Colby is just embarrassing himself at this point

bware113 likes this.
  5. Rumble

Rumble

At this point?

6. ecook0808

ecook0808

It’s daily at this point.

Welcome to the thread!

7. At some point he will get it worse than werdum did him

At some point you can’t just say whatever you want without a consequence...

Would like to see Dustin not play along with it and snuff him at the gym.. but that wrestling ain’t no joke :smh::lol:

8. Khabib and crew might catch him outside :lol:. But I’m leaning towards Khabib won’t take him seriously at all.

This guy Colby is just trying to throw **** at the wall and see what sticks at this point.

9. PT Carroll explaining how far conor has fallen in Ireland’s eyes. From that night in Ireland against Brandao to now, just wow. He’s saying people are done with him

10. Ariel doubling down that the Jorge Colby beef is real on his pod today

Marc ramoldi reported that the altercation in Anaheim between them was real

Hmm

11. Colby been an attention ***** for sometime now but his latest material is wearing thin. Feel like he's going to have to either accept the Usman fight at his current contract or just sit on the shelf.

Also wouldn't be surprised if ATT is getting sick of him with the drama involving Masvidal and speaking down on teammates. Him talking ish about Dustin in the gym also seems taboo considering he previously talked about not revealing gym stories like that, especially with teammates.

12. Ariel and ramoldi are both convinced and say they’ve done their due diligence to find out if it’s real

13. It’s a work. Out of the blue after Jorge started to get clout?

Former roommates. Please.

14. Not sure what to think just yet but being in the same division can do that. Especially when both are jockeying for a title shot, it’s happened before

15. Bless Cowboy but he’d lose some health against khabib If khabib chose to go 3 or 4 rounds. And cowboy admitting making 155 is a problem doesn’t help things

“After I beat Gaethje, there’s nobody else (except Nurmagomedov),” Cerrone said during an interview at the UFC Vancouver open workouts (via MMA Junkie). “That’s it, there is no one in front of me. I do want to fight in December though. I’ll have to take a little 155 break go to 170, we’ll see.”

16. jayt1202

jayt1202

I'm also a big Cowboy fan but I think Gaethje's constant pressure and leg kicks eventually tire him out with Justin getting a TKO in say the 3rd.

17. xbiker47

xbiker47

That Conor and Cowboy fight should have happened

18. Jorge secured the bag

Vets getting ppv points for the first time. Dustin last week and Jorge in November

bware113 likes this.
  19. bware113

bware113

That's so crazy. This is a non-title fight HEADLING MSG and gettting PPV points.

That's unheard of.

sorianotron likes this.
  20. jayt1202

jayt1202

I believe this will be the first non-title headliner PPV since Conor-Nate 2. Also crazy this will be Nate's 3rd PPV headliner that's not a title fight. Can't wait for UFC 244, some other fun fights on that card too.

21. Cashflow

Cashflow

Feels like a **** you to Douche Covington and Marty Usman

22. bware113

bware113

I think it's less a **** you to Marty, since he's a Champion. Like a real one. Dont all champs get PPV points?

23. I'm actually kinda surprised the UFC is playing so tough on negotiations with Culvy though. You'd think his schtick is right up Dana's alley. Either dude is as much of a **** behind the scenes as he is on camera, or maybe those ticket sales and that green really is the bottom line.

And if there really is any "beef" between Colby and Jorge (which I still doubt, but whatever), I can't imagine Colby is happy his boy is headlining and getting ppv points w/o a belt on the line, and meanwhile he's sitting on the sidelines crying about not getting his money. Especially considering his unbeaten streak and complete domination of Lawler.

24. bware113

bware113

More Jorge and Colby info. Seems it stemmed from money and Colby being exactly who we'd expect him to be.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/9/...tarted-after-he-ripped-off-one-of-his-coaches

25. keko jones

keko jones