The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

-265 jones
+245 gus

would've thought it be much bigger

Yeah, at those odds, not sure if it’s worth the risk to bet on Gus. Although I was rewatching their first fight, Gus was clearly winning the first 3 rounds and was superior in his boxing. With the long layoff, Gus could catch Bones slippin

Jones came off the couch for that fight and looked out of shape.

He also mentioned that he's really been working on his boxing lately. Gus also got KOd by Rumble and went to war with DC.

I got the GOAT by finish

Yeah, at those odds, not sure if it’s worth the risk to bet on Gus. Although I was rewatching their first fight, Gus was clearly winning the first 3 rounds and was superior in his boxing. With the long layoff, Gus could catch Bones slippin

Absurd as it seems, Jones has fought more recently than Gus.

Reactions: OTG
The fact that Jones declined the recommended Vada testing is.....interesting

I’m honestly not taking that fight or his career as a whole too seriously at this point because who knows when the next **** up is coming.

Hopefully he at least puts on a good show in the cage tho

hard to see gus winning this fight outside of outboxing jones for another 5....

I also think gus is putting jones on too high of a pedestal as well

big fight for gus, even bigger fight for jones....

the thing about jones alot of new fans haven't realized yet...jones always delivers...every single time, the man is undefeated.

alot of people were getting blown out of the water when conor was on his run, headlining MAJOR cards with ALOT of build up and then coming through and delivering....

jones been doing that for years now he just hasn't been as brash as conor, well see if that changes now.

Gus is 0/3 in big fights.

However, he could be a good bet as an underdog.

Jon looked good against DC (though DC looked good up until the head kick). He has a history of finishing fights via submission and occasionally TKO. He has gone the distance lately with OSP, DC 1, Gus, etc.

I want to know the over/under for Cyborg/Nunes.

Feel like Nunes and Gus are probably good bets.

I wish I knew how those compared to the bigger ones for context.. are those good numbers ?

I wish I knew how those compared to the bigger ones for context.. are those good numbers ?
Year to year the barometer changes too, so it’s not black and white

It’s difficult to really say but I’m thinking first impression those aren’t “good”

Yea outside of the Conor/Khabib card none of the others hit 1 mil buys this year I believe. I heard even a card with over 300k buys can bring them a solid profit though. The PPV model is quickly becoming a thing of the past it seems with DAZN and ESPN+ (who UFC will broadcast fights on interestingly) getting the major players in combat sports. I'd say they look into less PPV's after next year, maybe instead of one a month they do one every 2-3 months and have rest of the fights on ESPN or ESPN+.

If they had something like the wwe network i’d def get it, meaning pay $9.99 a month and you get to watch all the ppv’s and events live. They should be smart enough to know the majority aren’t paying for these ppv’s.

They could charge whatever they want and do ppvs as much as they want.. I’m not paying :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom