The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Definitely stretch before and after BJJ. Get a foam roller if you haven't already. I started training at 27 and I'm 33 now and I can no longer go on consecutive days due to longer recovery time.

Yoga will help with both flexibility, balance, breathing, and recovery. I try to do yoga once a week too.

Ok I just started and I’m 28. Years of lifting and not stretching as much has really made me unflexible so now I’m forced to stretch which is nice. My goal is 1 or 2 times a week due to recovery time as well. Trying to avoid injury as much as possible. I’ll try to incorporate yoga as much as possible as well. Thanks! :pimp:

UFC 235 is looking like a good card.

Light Heavyweight Championship Jon Jones vs. Anthony Smith
Welterweight Championship Tyron Woodley vs Kamaru Usman
Welterweight Robbie Lawler vs. Ben Askren
Featherweight Jeremy Stephens vs. Zabit Magomedsharipov
Women's Bantamweight Holly Holm vs. Aspen Ladd
Women's Bantamweight Gina Mazany vs. Macy Chiasson
Light Heavyweight Ovince Saint Preux vs. Misha Cirkunov

UFC 235 is looking like a good card.

Light Heavyweight Championship Jon Jones vs. Anthony Smith
Welterweight Championship Tyron Woodley vs Kamaru Usman
Welterweight Robbie Lawler vs. Ben Askren
Featherweight Jeremy Stephens vs. Zabit Magomedsharipov
Women's Bantamweight Holly Holm vs. Aspen Ladd
Women's Bantamweight Gina Mazany vs. Macy Chiasson
Light Heavyweight Ovince Saint Preux vs. Misha Cirkunov
Not only a good card. This joint is STACKED :pimp:

Kamaru and Lawler are both with Hooft and Tyron and Ben are both with Roufus?

If so kind of cool that they'll all be in camp together for fights on the same night. In the same weight class no less.

Excited to see Joned vs smith even though i think smith will get destroyed,
I hope my fellow nigerian Usman comes up with a win but Woodley is a beast. super interesting match up
lawler has been in too many wars. I got askren.
Zabit will win too.

DC wanted to fight Brock and everyone knows hes cycling but hes constantly complaining about Jones. I mean i get it i think its cheating too but fighting Brock would be worse.

I just started BJJ and I absolutely love it. Im only 4 days in but I was wondering for any of you who have more experience can give me some advice. The gym that I go to use Gi's but im leaning towards a no GI gym. Any thoughts? Thanks :pimp:

You should do both gi and nogi, they complement each other. Nogi tends to be faster paced as you can't grip/slow down people as well as you can in the gi. Be ready to get smashed for a while. Just passed the 10 year mark this week training BJJ.

Man as much as Ariel is hated by the fighters he stuck to his code, asking questions no one else wanted to and not budging when put under pressure by dudes that can feasibly rip his head off his shoulders

Man as much as Ariel is hated by the fighters he stuck to his code, asking questions no one else wanted to and not budging when put under pressure by dudes that can feasibly rip his head off his shoulders

I like Ariel. I’ve listened to the MMA hour for years (probably before Weidman beat Silva).

I feel he skirts into real journalism but not really. Besides “announcing” fights, he occasional union talk. Mike Russell was the one who broke all of that Ali revelations that Conor was spewing off.

No one is going to really look into the JBJ PED issue. It’s officially swept under the rug now as we march to UFC 235. Look at that smug post by JBJ, despite the smoking gun.

Everyone stays away from the Checnyan oligarch connection to MMA fighters.

Interested to see the reaction to Greg Hardy.

Too bad, Colby Covington disease is a real thing. Play ball or don’t get paid/fight.

Nick, Nate, Colby...

Also, Ali seems to have a lot of power behind the scenes. Jeez.

I would also guess Khabib, what is up with his potential suspension though? I thought we would have known by now. LW belt held up once again smh.

Too bad, Colby Covington disease is a real thing. Play ball or don’t get paid/fight.

Nick, Nate, Colby...

Also, Ali seems to have a lot of power behind the scenes. Jeez.

Ali is a real live power broker

he knows everyone and is respected by everyone.

hes like the rich paul of MMA

I would also guess Khabib, what is up with his potential suspension though? I thought we would have known by now. LW belt held up once again smh.

if dana had a big fight lined up for khabib, the whole hearing/suspension drama would be over. probably a slap on the wrist, but i think with how much khabib called out dana there isn't a urgency to get him back

Back
Top Bottom