The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Idk man. Conors striking is far better than Hooker and his ground game might be better as well. Dustin couldn’t submit hooker and was taking some serious damage. You gotta think a guy as precise as Conor should be able keep Dustin off of him and do damage. Pretty much the only weakness I could see would be Conor gassing out but Dustin might be a walking zombie by the 3rd anyways.
You right, no lies told. Dustin definitely was very hittable against Max & Hooker. The latter fight, brief moments each guy nearly put the other out. Guess I’m more hopeful for Poirier than anything else. Don’t expect him to do this that much longer, given he’s a family man and immersed with charity work.

Coach Eugene was talking pretty greasy about jon Jones on submission radio. He didn’t hold back at all

You don’t hear coaches talk like that about other fighters that often if ever. Even conors coach

I'd definitely favor Conor in the Dustin fight. Dustin is very hittable and McGregor's power could once again prove too much even if Poirier doesn't let the mental aspect come into play this go round. He generally struggles with faster guys, the MJ fight was a while back but I think speed will play a factor in this one as well. This coming from a Dustin fan, I just hope we get an entertaining scrap though.

Dustin was definitely shook in the lead up over 6 years when they first fought.

I definitely thought Khabib was finished but what’s the point of announcing a meeting with Dana on IG if he’s really retired?

I guess just having a final meeting at Dana’s request out of respect could happen. But the publicizing of it makes me wonder if dude is on the fence for that GSP fight.

Even if nothing comes out of the meeting I don't think Khabib is done forever. I think he'll fight again someday could be as early as next October imo

Khabib also didn't take his name out of USADA testing which he also made sure to post to his IG lol

I mean if he’s gonna keep going he might as well do it now while he’s still trained and in his prime. Get the GSP fight outta the way and then bounce. He’s got nothing left at 155. I think if he beats GSP he can walk away feeling like there was nothing more left to do. I guess we’ll see though.

That gsp fight not gonna happen at 155 unless he expects george to cut off an arm or leg

Am I the only one who thinks if Conor and Tony win and they fight each other, Khabib would be motivated to fight the winner?

Am I the only one who thinks if Conor and Tony win and they fight each other, Khabib would be motivated to fight the winner?
If someone beat 2 contenders in a row then maybe but idk, I feel like time away for the division to unfold and potentially discover another dominant champ would be the best bet (other than a direct next fight with GSP)

The man needs a real challenge

https://www.fightmatrix.com/ufc-records/title-defenses/

Khabib should fight one more time at LW to get the most title defenses at LW. Then challenge GSP to a catch weight retirement match.

GSP get the opportunity to give Khabib his only L. Khabib gets the honor of retiring 31-0 and beating the quote on quote GOAT.

Also, I don’t see Dustin being as emotional going into the rematch. I think Conor is going to take the same approach he did with Cowboy. Humble reverence. I think Conor is probably bigger at LW. And he always has that precise timing with his heavy left. He’s also a pretty diverse and accurate striker. Poor MMA math but he has lasted the longest with Khabib so I can’t see how Dustin can present a grappling threat.

Do we care about Conor's inactivity? Having not fought in a full year and quite the gap between Khabib and "Cowboy" bouts.

It’s a year. But he was actually training until the UFC C blocked him. Dustin has the most recent fight. A five round war where Hooker was taking pieces of his soul. But Conor probably was training until his summer transgressions.

Do we care about Conor's inactivity? Having not fought in a full year and quite the gap between Khabib and "Cowboy" bouts.

No, in my eyes Conor is way fresher and no reason he will not smoke Dustin.

I personally just think with the wars Dustin has been through I do not see him lasting.

I think Conor ran thru him psychologically the first go round. I think this time we find out Dustin can box with him. Jus gotta stay outta the teep kick/front leg range and he can touch Conor back.

Could be a really high level boxing contest if were lucky

Kahbib is done bros.

GSP too old , inactive and past his prime for it to REALLY mean anything.

undefeated in MMA is unheard of, I think what he really wanted more than a super fight or being undefeated was to be ACKNOWLEDGED as the #1 pound for pound fighter in the world.

And he did that. It gets no higher.

He’s smart enough to know this.

I’m sure them USD’s go a LOOOOOOONG way in Dagestan....he’s good off money.

Coach Jav basically saying what was said in here. Hes still in the testing pool and not retired lol.

Back
Top Bottom