The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

just remembered Max had Porrier in a guillotine i think at the end of round 3 as the bell rung. And from what I remember if there was time on the clock that would have been the end of the fight. It was locked the **** in. but thats the way she goes.

Live I had it 4-1 Dustin, probably need to rewatch it.

IMO nowhere close to a draw though

just remembered Max had Porrier in a guillotine i think at the end of round 3 as the bell rung. And from what I remember if there was time on the clock that would have been the end of the fight. It was locked the **** in. but thats the way she goes.
Dustin explained this after that there was only 10 seconds left so he put himself into a riskier position knowing that any sub wouldn't have enough time

Max been my favorite fighter for a minute but he needs to add a lot more movement and feints into his striking. He's gotten away with eating shots and swarming his opponent for a long time but that's not going to last.

So happy for Izzy too :pimp::pimp:

Connor talking like hes a UFC owner/decision maker hahaha

I hope Dana tells him to jus stick to boxing. Only fights I have any interest with him are Diaz 3 or Cowboy. Khabib will maul him. I'm indifferent on Tony or Max

Also pretty sure Max locked in a rolling darce, not a guillotine.

dont get it twisted, i hate dana also but recently he doesn't seem to be on connor's leash this year. prolly sick and tired of the antics and pr nightmare lol

dont disrespect my mans raging al like that, only person to last 5 rounds with the eagle
To be honest, you're calling it PR nightmare, but in reality is PR Dream.

all publicity is good publicity i suppose.
I think in Connors case, it is man.

You have people on both sides (Love & Hate). When he does all that ****, both sides eat it up.

Kind of like Mayweather, peoplenwatch him because they love him, but people watch him in hopes to see him lose.

Depending who Conor fights next, I absolutely think he is capable of breaking the previous PPV record he set last fight

Israel went hard on Jon today. He wants to fight him and wants the challege of moving up but will defend a few times

He called Jon the C word and everything else. Yikes

Why be politically correct? Luke asked him the question.

Israel wasn’t insulting when he made his comment.

Jon insulted his win, his skills. And Jon taking the Floyd approach by trying to pick him off before he’s peaked MMA skills wise.

Costa another one.

I think in Connors case, it is man.

You have people on both sides (Love & Hate). When he does all that ****, both sides eat it up.

Kind of like Mayweather, peoplenwatch him because they love him, but people watch him in hopes to see him lose.

good points well said. i'm just old school, i was a fan of his fighting style before his antics. not gonna front cause i do enjoy the buildup and ****talk only when its authentic. i give props to conor is bringing more exposure to the sport & changing how fights are promoted in the ufc. regardless casual fan or hardcore we all just trying to see a good ol fashion scrappin'

also TBT TBE floyd the greatest boxer of all time in history dont @ me

Jones is such a POS. I can’t wait til he actually gets the karma coming his way.

This is the dude that juiced his whole career, hid under the octagon to avoid a drug test, cried when he got caught juicing. He acts like he wants smoke on social media, but disables comments on his own posts. That’s a weak dude.

If Novitzky and Dana weren’t power bottoms for him, he’d be suspended longer than TJ.

You want to run back some b samples? Jones would pop for every fight he’s had.

Last edited:
Jones is such a POS. I can’t wait til he actually gets the karma coming his way.

This is the dude that juiced his whole career, his under the octagon to avoid a drug test, cried when he got caught juicing. He acts like he wants smoke on social media, but disables comments on his own posts. That’s a weak dude.

If Novitzky and Dana weren’t power bottoms for him, he’d be suspended longer than TJ.

damn:rofl:

This is the dude that juiced his whole career, his under the octagon to avoid a drug test, cried when he got caught juicing. He acts like he wants smoke on social media, but disables comments on his own posts. That’s a weak dude.

cant forget the hit and run on a pregnant woman

There are definitely some MMA villains:

Conor
TJ
JBJ
Colby

No one has been charismatic enough to make us dislike JBJ. No has challenged him. Besides Gus 1 and a few occasions of adversity (TRT Vitor and Chael), it’s been pretty much carefree for Jones.

Israel isn’t ready to challenge Jones yet. Don’t give him the homeboy hookup they gave Max.

There are definitely some MMA villains:

Conor
TJ
JBJ
Colby

No one has been charismatic enough to make us dislike JBJ. No has challenged him. Besides Gus 1 and a few occasions of adversity (TRT Vitor and Chael), it’s been pretty much carefree for Jones.

Israel isn’t ready to challenge Jones yet. Don’t give him the homeboy hookup they gave Max.

He’s not without his flaws but I really hate that Rumble never got a crack at jones when they were both at their peak. Even in his fights with dc he landed some flush shots, it would be interesting to see how jones would handle those first 7-10 minutes. I’m still convinced jones partially sabotaged himself to avoid that fight.

He’s not without his flaws but I really hate that Rumble never got a crack at jones when they were both at their peak. Even in his fights with dc he landed some flush shots, it would be interesting to see how jones would handle those first 7-10 minutes. I’m still convinced jones partially sabotaged himself to avoid that fight.

i still have dreams about this fight. used to argue all the time that rumble would be the one.

cant forget the hit and run on a pregnant woman

I tried to leave his recreational drug abuse and other nonsense out of the equation.

Clear PED abuse and still fights dirty in every bout. What did Anthony Smith have to offer in that fight? Nothing, but Jones still had to throw an illegal knee.

Yeah...Rumble. Those accusations.

Listening to Brandon talk about the results of CTE and the outside the octagon incidents of Penn, Matt Hughes, War Machine and Rachel Ostovich.

Santos lost in all the drama and hype.

Jones has a rock solid chin tho, I can't even remember him being hurt in a fight. Maybe got caught a little in the Machida fight? 2 fights with Cormier and never dropped or hurt once, meanwhile Cormier one shots Stipe (and I don't think the added weight at HW made THAT much of a difference in Cormier's power). There's a possibility Rumble coulda got him but a stronger possibility that Rumble woulda folded just like he did against Cormier twice, and Vitor, and Koscheck, etc.

But yeah this **** he's on with Israel is some b**** **** to me. I've said in here before that Jones wants no part of HW and this nonsense with Israel just reinforces that for me. Have that same energy with the big boys that can match your size, not a 185 lb kickboxer that's still working on his MMA transition. Jones is hella lame for that.

Yeah...but who’s buzz is bigger?

Israel or Francis?

Got to remain relevant and it’s not like his division is bubbling right now with contenders. Sad he don’t have the energy toward his opponent. Smh. HW is dull right now. Sad but true. I’m not discounting the fighters like Dos Santos, Francis, Stipe, etc but Israel has charisma and some promotional backing.

Israel has a lot of tough matchups with Jacare, Romero, Whitaker, Weidman...way lower on the totem pole Costa.

Back
Top Bottom