The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Israel v Gastelum & Diamond v Holloway on SAT 4/13

Discussion in 'Sports & Training' started by Vincent Van Goat, Dec 1, 2013.

1. OTG

OTG formerly eastside slim

damn cuh you still salty 4 months later about him whooping ortega? :lol:

bware113, equality and shogun like this.
  2. 3god

3god

Na, I never bought into his hype. I give him credit for what he did to Ortega, even though he couldn’t knock him out.

3. flyeed

flyeed

I see cats doing relatively nothing with their lives calling themselves blessed. Max is in the top percent of his craft, and seems to be an overall extremely appreciative dude.

Blessed =/= untouchable

sorianotron and OTG like this.
  4. dasitmane

dasitmane

Damn I didn’t realize Max had haters :lol:

Dude just goes out there and sacrifices to the just bleed gods every fight. Nothing but respect for him and no shame in his performance Saturday, especially going up a weight class.

OTG likes this.
  5. Yeah you have the sequence of events correct. Israel went on both Luke Thomas and Ariel’s shows and thoroughly dismantled Jon as a person and a fighter

I’m all for this development, it’s fun to have seed planted for down the road

sorianotron likes this.
  6. This made me think, if we knew these guys pay going into fights, I think it would shape some of our predictions in them. Knowing Khalil is only making 35K/35K, I mean my god. Eryk ****ing Anders is getting paid more than him. You would know Khalil is coming in hungry af

Dustin Poirier: $250,000 (no win bonus)
    def. Max Holloway: $350,000

Israel Adesanya: $350,000 (no win bonus)
    def. Kelvin Gastelum: $150,000

Khalil Rountree: $70,000 (includes $35,000 win bonus)
    def. Eryk Anders: $50,000

Dwight Grant: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)
    def. Alan Jouban: $43,000

Nikita Krylov: $160,000 (includes $80,000 win bonus)
    def. Ovince Saint Preux: $86,000

7. jewseejay

jewseejay

krylov ending up with a bigger bag than Kelvin is criminal

also id like to see Max and Izzy making closer to half a mill. I mean they give Overeem 800k flat every fight

also lol at being on a main card for 12k... cant even pay for your camp

getback and equality like this.
  8. equality

equality

His hype? Dude went on an insane winning streak, defeating one of the best to ever do it twice, dominated the most hyped fighter in the division in Ortega, took a few months off and moved up a weight class to challenge a rejuvinated Porier. There's nothing about Blessed that's "hype". Dude's a savage and one of the best ever

bostoiah, sorianotron, OTG and 2 others like this.
  9. chino905

chino905

Good thing Max, Dustin, Israel and Kelvin all got an extra $50K for FOTN bonuses. but still, vastly underpaid.

10. jewseejay

jewseejay

Quick maffs say they're pretty much paying fighters out on the live gate and taking 100% of the real revenue.

Where are all the peeps claiming Dana doesnt know what hes doing and they'll do a better job? According to Luke Thomas they're getting paid as if every PPV does like 600k buys to not worry about how many PPV gets sold.... lowkey genius. Dunno what'll happen when the deal expires. But it's likely to be reupped based on the early ESPN+ growth directly tied to UFC.

Vincent Van Goat likes this.
  11. Yeah that’s “genius” for the company’s bottom line but not for the sport.

Getting an influx of top athletes is a lot harder when people see these guy getting jerked around and being paid peanuts, begging for bonuses in the postfight interviews and ****. Not a great look.

12. dman14

dman14

also, none of these "journalists" dare put that out there being fearful of dana

13. el chino

el chino

this is true in all forms of mainstream media unfortunately. dana tried to ban helwani for life, look at him now :smokin

14. I’d say the journalists have gone in before about fighter pay, union, etc.

Artem sounded ridiculous asking the journalists to fight for the fighters.

The fighters are letting Zuffa take advantage of them.

No say in Reebok deal. No say in the ESPN. No say in the PPV deal w ESPN. Show/Win bonus.

The fighters with power aren’t going to rebel/strike.

getback likes this.
  15. shogun

shogun

The top fighters are dumb too, limiting how much money goes in their pockets. They forget people had nike, under armour, gatorade deals before the ufc told them nah you can only have sponsors that pay the ufc first.

16. QU!K

QU!K

Assuming you’re calling me out.

Same guy that said he has no plan for Cejudo genius?

Actually why does he need a plan at all. The matchups should more or less make themselves if MMA is a real sport.

I dunno. He’s a pretty good business man I’ll give you that.

The sport isn’t gonna keep growing by putting a cap on how much fighters can earn though.

Mans begging for a bonus after every fight isn’t a good look

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 at 6:08 PM
  17. Ariel and i believe luke Thomas have been saying lately that the show money and win money pay structure is antiquated

I agree 100%. These guys should get guaranteed money and much more but they don’t push back enough overall so Dana bullies them

QU!K likes this.
  18. Fong$tarr

Fong$tarr

It's amazing how little these guys get paid compared to boxers.

19. dman14

dman14

i remember listening to cody do an interview and even with his recent payouts vs cruz and tj, he sounded like someone that was barely covering his expenses. talked about cost that went into fight camps, health insurance, trying to buy a home, and providing for his pregnant wife. can't even imagine someone that is breaking into the ufc getting by with 50k per fight and if they are lucky, get 3 fights a year.

20. BobbyLite

BobbyLite

Love hearing Dana talking about all the new facilities in all the new areas of the world. Seems money is no issue. Meanwhile fighters getting 12/12 is a joke. So UFC just gonna build these new awesome fighting facilities to take the best of the athletes in the area and use them. Pay them least amount possible and make crazy money off them.

jewseejay likes this.
  21. jewseejay

jewseejay

Precisely.

That's exactly what they plan to do

22. I repeat: these management teams finessing the fighters too. Doing a terrible job of getting the most for their clients

Fighters should worry about fighting and are stuck depending on their management to handle the business aspect

jewseejay likes this.
  23. jewseejay

jewseejay

If I was calling you out I'd @ ya Haha have no clue what I've stated on the topic jus remember a gang of dudes swearing up and down they could do better business than the guy making BILLIONS from close to nothing. Sure hes had some strokes of luck but jus because he doesnt have a plan for all 2k fighters or whatever absurd number of fighters they have doesnt mean he doesnt have a plan...its jus that no INDiVIDUAL is a part of that bigger plan. These guys are worker bees.

24. Are these guys getting paid less than boxers?

Seems anecdotal besides the top stars who are big names and are real independent contractors. Canello, Deontay Wilder, Joshua, GGG, etc are not signed to the WBA, WBC, etc.

Besides Conor, no one is making big money.

It’s probably better to be a WWE wrestler, at least you get a merchandising cut.

Things are just getting worse. Unless they organize a union, the little guy will continue to not get paid their worth.

25. Double post