The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Israel went in on Jon breh. On two different shows

I’m legit hoping they meet up down the road. Israel is legit he said he wants to give the contenders a chance first and then move up

I dig what Israel says about Jon just being fake and now Israel always did things his way and been himself

this dude used the word "picograms" :lol:
dude wanted no parts of a healthy cain years ago when someone asked about a potential match

I tried to leave his recreational drug abuse and other nonsense out of the equation.

Clear PED abuse and still fights dirty in every bout. What did Anthony Smith have to offer in that fight? Nothing, but Jones still had to throw an illegal knee.

i use to be really against jones dirty moves but i started to realize theres little "dirty" techniques that all fighters utilize. from smothering to oblique kicks theres all types of legal moves that may be deemed dirty but its all part of the fight game.

the feet stomp always gets me. trying to fight the clinch and this mf decides to stomp my toes out lol

Yeah...but who’s buzz is bigger?

Israel or Francis?

Got to remain relevant and it’s not like his division is bubbling right now with contenders. Sad he don’t have the energy toward his opponent. Smh. HW is dull right now. Sad but true. I’m not discounting the fighters like Dos Santos, Francis, Stipe, etc but Israel has charisma and some promotional backing.

Israel has a lot of tough matchups with Jacare, Romero, Whitaker, Weidman...way lower on the totem pole Costa.

That's logical but I can't get behind this dude being the aggressor against a somewhat green 185lber. It's corny, regardless of who has buzz or who doesn't. Also a third Cormier fight at HW has been floated, and would absolutely sell, but Jones' stance on it seems to be he only wants Cormier at 205. His division is completely cleared already, there's nothing left for him to prove, and he's selling tickets to any 205 fight on his name alone. The reality is that he doesn't want to be obligated to see the rest of those big boys at HW if he wins. He doesn't want to deal with HW the same way Israel doesn't want to deal with 205 right now.

Israel went in on Jon breh. On two different shows

I’m legit hoping they meet up down the road. Israel is legit he said he wants to give the contenders a chance first and then move up

I dig what Israel says about Jon just being fake and now Israel always did things his way and been himself

Israel went in on him before or after Jones went on a tweet and delete diatribe s****ing on him after his hard fought interim title win? As far as I know Jones mentioned fighting Israel down the line first on TMZ, THEN Israel got questioned about it and made the Anderson/Jones goat hunting comment (btw calling another active fighter the GOAT doesn't exactly seem like disrespect to me), and then Jones started the disrespectful roid raging twitter diatribes. If that's not how it went down then let me know but that's what I've seen.

The fact that Israel weighed in at 183 proves he needs more time to at least naturally gain size.

Israel’s jealousy angle actually is probably right. Jones was young and on top with a Nike deal. He’s naturally a scumbag so he ruined all that. Israel getting a similar push and Jones can’t handle it.

damn cuh you still salty 4 months later about him whooping ortega? :lol:

Na, I never bought into his hype. I give him credit for what he did to Ortega, even though he couldn’t knock him out.

I see cats doing relatively nothing with their lives calling themselves blessed. Max is in the top percent of his craft, and seems to be an overall extremely appreciative dude.

Blessed =/= untouchable

Damn I didn’t realize Max had haters :lol:

Dude just goes out there and sacrifices to the just bleed gods every fight. Nothing but respect for him and no shame in his performance Saturday, especially going up a weight class.

Reactions: OTG
That's logical but I can't get behind this dude being the aggressor against a somewhat green 185lber. It's corny, regardless of who has buzz or who doesn't. Also a third Cormier fight at HW has been floated, and would absolutely sell, but Jones' stance on it seems to be he only wants Cormier at 205. His division is completely cleared already, there's nothing left for him to prove, and he's selling tickets to any 205 fight on his name alone. The reality is that he doesn't want to be obligated to see the rest of those big boys at HW if he wins. He doesn't want to deal with HW the same way Israel doesn't want to deal with 205 right now.

Israel went in on him before or after Jones went on a tweet and delete diatribe s****ing on him after his hard fought interim title win? As far as I know Jones mentioned fighting Israel down the line first on TMZ, THEN Israel got questioned about it and made the Anderson/Jones goat hunting comment (btw calling another active fighter the GOAT doesn't exactly seem like disrespect to me), and then Jones started the disrespectful roid raging twitter diatribes. If that's not how it went down then let me know but that's what I've seen.
Yeah you have the sequence of events correct. Israel went on both Luke Thomas and Ariel’s shows and thoroughly dismantled Jon as a person and a fighter

I’m all for this development, it’s fun to have seed planted for down the road

This made me think, if we knew these guys pay going into fights, I think it would shape some of our predictions in them. Knowing Khalil is only making 35K/35K, I mean my god. Eryk ****ing Anders is getting paid more than him. You would know Khalil is coming in hungry af

Dustin Poirier: $250,000 (no win bonus)
def. Max Holloway: $350,000

Israel Adesanya: $350,000 (no win bonus)
def. Kelvin Gastelum: $150,000

Khalil Rountree: $70,000 (includes $35,000 win bonus)
def. Eryk Anders: $50,000

Dwight Grant: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)
def. Alan Jouban: $43,000

Nikita Krylov: $160,000 (includes $80,000 win bonus)
def. Ovince Saint Preux: $86,000

krylov ending up with a bigger bag than Kelvin is criminal

also id like to see Max and Izzy making closer to half a mill. I mean they give Overeem 800k flat every fight

also lol at being on a main card for 12k... cant even pay for your camp

Na, I never bought into his hype. I give him credit for what he did to Ortega, even though he couldn’t knock him out.
His hype? Dude went on an insane winning streak, defeating one of the best to ever do it twice, dominated the most hyped fighter in the division in Ortega, took a few months off and moved up a weight class to challenge a rejuvinated Porier. There's nothing about Blessed that's "hype". Dude's a savage and one of the best ever

Quick maffs say they're pretty much paying fighters out on the live gate and taking 100% of the real revenue.

Where are all the peeps claiming Dana doesnt know what hes doing and they'll do a better job? According to Luke Thomas they're getting paid as if every PPV does like 600k buys to not worry about how many PPV gets sold.... lowkey genius. Dunno what'll happen when the deal expires. But it's likely to be reupped based on the early ESPN+ growth directly tied to UFC.

Yeah that’s “genius” for the company’s bottom line but not for the sport.

Getting an influx of top athletes is a lot harder when people see these guy getting jerked around and being paid peanuts, begging for bonuses in the postfight interviews and ****. Not a great look.

I’d say the journalists have gone in before about fighter pay, union, etc.

Artem sounded ridiculous asking the journalists to fight for the fighters.

The fighters are letting Zuffa take advantage of them.

No say in Reebok deal. No say in the ESPN. No say in the PPV deal w ESPN. Show/Win bonus.

The fighters with power aren’t going to rebel/strike.

The top fighters are dumb too, limiting how much money goes in their pockets. They forget people had nike, under armour, gatorade deals before the ufc told them nah you can only have sponsors that pay the ufc first.

Quick maffs say they're pretty much paying fighters out on the live gate and taking 100% of the real revenue.

Where are all the peeps claiming Dana doesnt know what hes doing and they'll do a better job? According to Luke Thomas they're getting paid as if every PPV does like 600k buys to not worry about how many PPV gets sold.... lowkey genius. Dunno what'll happen when the deal expires. But it's likely to be reupped based on the early ESPN+ growth directly tied to UFC.
Assuming you’re calling me out.

Same guy that said he has no plan for Cejudo genius?

Actually why does he need a plan at all. The matchups should more or less make themselves if MMA is a real sport.

I dunno. He’s a pretty good business man I’ll give you that.

The sport isn’t gonna keep growing by putting a cap on how much fighters can earn though.

Mans begging for a bonus after every fight isn’t a good look

Last edited:
Ariel and i believe luke Thomas have been saying lately that the show money and win money pay structure is antiquated

I agree 100%. These guys should get guaranteed money and much more but they don’t push back enough overall so Dana bullies them

It's amazing how little these guys get paid compared to boxers.

i remember listening to cody do an interview and even with his recent payouts vs cruz and tj, he sounded like someone that was barely covering his expenses. talked about cost that went into fight camps, health insurance, trying to buy a home, and providing for his pregnant wife. can't even imagine someone that is breaking into the ufc getting by with 50k per fight and if they are lucky, get 3 fights a year.

Back
Top Bottom