The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

My dvr ****ed up and I missed the whole damn thing :smh::smh:.

Kevin Lee was getting worked that bad tho? Smh, guess that's it for that. If Tony can't beat Khabib I'm wondering who can at 155.

My dvr ****ed up and I missed the whole damn thing :smh::smh:.

Kevin Lee was getting worked that bad tho? Smh, guess that's it for that. If Tony can't beat Khabib I'm wondering who can at 155.

lee had some early takedowns but as the fight went on al pressed fwrd and picked him apart

That sounds like a great fight.

The knee jerk Overreactions in this thread following every fight is hilarious.

That sounds like a great fight.

The knee jerk Overreactions in this thread following every fight is hilarious.
que¿ alot of bolddd statements are routinely made in here but were prob batting .750 or better haha lots of knowledgable MMA fans here

Man, Hooker took way too much abuse from Barbosa in that last round. His corner and the ref did him no favors. Like that was one of the worst beatings I've seen in awhile.

And I had Al winning the fight 3-2. Al won the 1st, 4th and 5th. I'd say he was raging back in the second. I'd like to see him in another fight with someone in the top six.

But...this fight highlights a major issue with the LW division. The log jam. The title hasn't been defended much in the last two years. Porier and Ferguson both have claims to a title shot. And with Uncle Dana's silly butt urging Max to move up, it's making it worst.

Lee needs to work on his conditioning and striking (especially the defense). I thought he had made adjustments after the Tony fight but there's still holes in his game.

Found the AJ Mckee comments on never wanting to fight teammate Aaron Pico interesting. Things tend to change but for now he seems very steadfast in that

These guys haven't nearly fought the best of the best but in my opinion both are in that Yair Rodriguez category at least

I think both would give a guy like Korean Superboy problems. Beyond that it sucks we don't get to see them in the UFC, I would project them to be potential champs even in the UFC

que¿ alot of bolddd statements are routinely made in here but were prob batting .750 or better haha lots of knowledgable MMA fans here
Feel like after every fight we see the same comments of “dude is overrated, never had the makings of a varsity athlete, etc”.

Feel like after every fight we see the same comments of “dude is overrated, never had the makings of a varsity athlete, etc”.
nah. some hyperbolic tings be said but if you think Lee isnt tradh idk. his hands and head movement are amatuer lvl tbh

Excellent listen

POST Roundtable #7: Ariel Helwani - POST Wrestling | WWE NXT NJPW UFC Podcasts, News & Reviews
https://www.postwrestling.com/2018/12/13/post-roundtable-7-ariel-helwani/

John Pollock and Wai Ting are joined by ESPN journalist Ariel Helwani to discuss his career in our latest POST Roundtable. We chat:

How a Montreal wrestling radio show gave Ariel his startTransitioning from MMA Fighting to ESPNThe importance of never missing an episodeAdvice for forming relationships with subjectsJournalism ethicsComing to terms with negativity in social media

nah. some hyperbolic tings be said but if you think Lee isnt tradh idk. his hands and head movement are amatuer lvl tbh

Just look at Lee's W's and outside of Barboza (who almost had him out in their fight) he really hasn't beat anyone of note. He was gifted an interim shot after beating Chiesa. He constantly leaves himself open to getting hit in his fights and I don't really view him as a threat to the elite LW's at this point. He's still young though and if he's able to tighten up his striking and head movement he could compete with the higher level guys.

Another friend turning on Anderson, sheesh

“Jacare” said in a live chat with the Brazilian website PVT last week that he didn’t believe Silva would deserve a UFC middleweight title shot if he beats Israel Adesanya at UFC 234 in February. UFC president Dana White told Silva that a victory would earn him that No. 1 contender spot.

Jacare: ”In my (jiu-jitsu) days, I competed in the state tournament to earn a spot in the World Championship. If I didn’t win the state champion, I didn’t fight the Worlds,” Souza said. “(If I won), no one would jump the line. Now, because the guy has a name and everything… The reality is, Anderson is coming off doping, man. Anderson is out of the ranking.”

Silva: “‘Jacare,’ when he come to train to my team in Brazil, I just opened the door of my gym and I helped a lot and supported a lot,” Silva said. “I’m very surprised that ‘Jacare’ was talking about that situation, especially because he respects me. I tried to help ‘Jacare’ many times. I fight with Dana and Ed Soares one time when ‘Jacare’ came close to fighting for the belt.”

not sure that hes turning on him so much as hes tryna get paid. i mean we alllll know Anderson doesnt belong anywhere near the strap at this stage of his career

jacare either tho tbh haha

Iono, it's one thing to say "Anderson don't deserve the shot" and leave it at that, but dude went the extra mile and made sure to include the doping shot haha

Man, I read that excerpt in Anderson voice.

Jacare coming off a win with Weidman. He’s trying to position himself (despite losing to both Gastellum and Whitaker). At this point in his career, it’s for dolo. He giving out extra sides of shade.

Back
Top Bottom