The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

:lol: refs pulling the trigger quick tonight... herb still a moron.

Surprised ufc didn't cut her after she refused to fight cyborg and defend her belt.

If they had a handful more of actually talented female fighters they would have but she has value

Also not an early stoppage from Herb... context is key. The cut almost killed her and to get dropped with the opening punch... herb saw a chick that jus had a **** cut take a clean shot she never reacted to and tried to get up on bambi legs while her eyes were screaming where I am.

There was no reason for her to be ground n pound at that point

If it were a men's fight I'd be irate tho hah *shrugs*

these quick stoppages probably saved the competitors from unnecessary beating. titles weren't on the line, might as well play it safe

Only watched the top three fights. The stoppages were all bad and questionable.

Meanwhile, Askren has to take two extra shots after clearly taking a Space X Trip to Mars.

Judging and referees. Smh.

If Fabre gets to skip Yan or Aljo, the UFC is crazy.

If Fabre gets to skip Yan or Aljo, the UFC is crazy.
I'm with you, "Aljo" is the most deserving at 135 right now. His improved striking was very impressive against Jimmie and Munhoz. For me, Yan needs another W vs. a top-5 BW opponent. The problem is the division is logjammed until Cejudo returns from shoulder surgery and that's at least 'til 2020. Assuncao is already booked vs. Sandhagen. If Sterling is willing to wait for Henry, UFC could do Moraes against Yan for #1 contender. Or if you feel Marlon should move to the back of the line, Yan vs. Faber or Munhoz.

Why would faber even be considered for a titleshot after beating that opponent?

Anyway I think he's lost his last 7 title fights going back to the wec.

After Ladds statement I feel even better about Herbs stoppage. Shes not eem mad about it. She KNOWS what was happening and going to happen had it not been stopped

It’s because Henry called him and Cody out after his last win. He knows it’s big money if he fights those guys plus it cements his legacy.

Faber being a natural born business man...understands the game is the game.

Aljo in a predicament.

How is someone 8-3 the #1 BW contender and someone 8-0 the #4? These rankings are a joke. And Amanda would wash both. Aspen looked in bad shape and there are reports of her having a hard time making weight.

Really the only Faber fight I'm interested in:

“I’ve been talking about this long before they finally caught T.J. for being a little cheat. We knew that was coming. By the time T.J. returns from suspension, recovering from all this stuff, I’ll be 41 and a half so we’ll see how it goes. I’m not scared to fight, that’s for sure.”

Really the only Faber fight I'm interested in:

“I’ve been talking about this long before they finally caught T.J. for being a little cheat. We knew that was coming. By the time T.J. returns from suspension, recovering from all this stuff, I’ll be 41 and a half so we’ll see how it goes. I’m not scared to fight, that’s for sure.”

I figured this was the only reason he came back

Faber understands the business side that’s for damn sure. Remember he hopped on a free card because he was given points for the PPV? Smart.

Last edited:
Faber made a nice little check to come back. He had Dana somewhat by the balls considering how weak the card was. Without Faber I wonder how bad the event would have suffered

Faber won a “Performance of the Night” bonus worth $50,000 for the win. It was Faber’s first post-fight bonus since he submitted Michael McDonald in 2013 and won “Submission of the Night.” In addition to the bonus, Faber earned $340,000 for his victory in disclosed pay.

He probably made more than that. And if you don’t think Dana would make a Henry/Uriah fight...you must not remember Hendo/Bisping.

Back
Top Bottom