The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Stipe gets credit.

He just happened to get overshadowed by DC, since he was the champ champ when he won. It doesn’t help that he got knocked out and DC had never lost at HW.

Frankie might not deserve the title shot. But that division is a little weird after Max beat Ortega. Volkan will definitely get the next shot.

Was crazy to hear on Ariel’s show Pettis said Dana offered him the Mcgregor fight too. Just all fell thru

“He’s definitely never coming back to light heavyweight,” Jones said. “He says it, but there’s no way he’s coming back to light heavyweight. To commit your life to lose that type of weight and to come up short again would be so devastating. It would take an incredible amount of courage to attempt it, and to come up short would just be so devastating. I doubt he’d put himself through that for a third time.”

So why not make it a heavyweight fight? Well, as it turns out, it’s not just Cormier who isn’t interested in that.

“I’m a realist,” Jones said. “Daniel Cormier is a special athlete and anyone can be beat. I think my greatest chance of losing would be to a guy like Daniel Cormier. We’d be giving him a power and strength advantage over me; it just doesn’t make sense.

“Right now, I make light heavyweight very easily, and it would just make no sense to fight a guy who, I think, technically (is) on your level and to give him a size advantage. I’m not doing it. I’m sure my fans don’t like to hear me talk like that, but that’s just me being a realist – and being respectful of Daniel’s abilities.”

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/05/jon-jones-will-not-fight-daniel-cormier-at-heavyweight

Like I've been saying, the man wants no parts of the heavyweight division. He'd rather clear out an already cleared out 205 division and beef with 185ers

Well if Jones manages to win 2-3 more at lhw he will have essentially cleared out the division again. I'd say hes forced to move up by 2021 at this pace.

Sage Northcutt getting knocked out cold in 29 seconds, yikes......

Didn't expect Yodsanklai and Petrosyan to lose.

Sage Northcutt getting knocked out cold in 29 seconds, yikes......

Didn't expect Yodsanklai and Petrosyan to lose.

Sage getting KOed wasn’t much of a surprise, Cosmo has way better striking and much more experience fight-wise.

I was more surprised Petrosyan lost than Yod. Yod either looks unstoppable or can’t put it together. I didn’t see the whole Petrosyan fight so I’ll have to check it out and see if it was home cooking.

Dejdamrong needs to hand the gloves up, he’s had a rough go since losing his title.

That stoppage was trash, Aoki should be pissed. One FC stays with the BS for the trash Lee siblings.

Super Sage huh? Well guy he faced did look like a high level striker. Guess Sage won't be returning to the UFC anytime soon. Wonder if they give him a big step down in next One fight.

Had no idea Sage was fighting Cosmo.

Cosmo is getting up there in age but that probably wasn't the best opponent for Sage's first fight in ONE.

Lol now we have to feed Sage trash opponents in ONE?
How about this kid just doesnt have it.

He makes enough outta the cage his agent better be prayingggg they feed him cans until his contracts up

Sage is still just 23 though and a marketable name for One. I can almost guarantee they start giving him washed vets or green newcomers to pad his record the next couple fights.

Lol now we have to feed Sage trash opponents in ONE?

“We” don’t have to do anything. But if you’re ONE and he’s an investment, then yes, smart matchmaking should come in to play.

“We’ve” seemingly known he doesn’t have it at an elite level, at this moment, for a while now.

UFsi.gif

anyone watching the card? im always weary for mustache dos anjos :frown:

promo kevin lee - im going to win because im younger, hungrier, faster, stronger...

are you better?

Back
Top Bottom