The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Yeah, dude died 18 months ago. He needs to get with ATT, AKA, Cerrone’s camp...someone legit.

Maybe take six months off. Work on the cardio. Work on the striking defense. Get used to the new camp.

Fair assesments of Lee. I'm very hard on him but he does get better every fight. His striking, and head movement was so GD rudementary just like 12 months ago though, hes got a waysSSS to go.

But yea the guys hes faced are not easy outs for anybody

Kind of figured they'd move one of the 239 fights to this event. I could also see Robbie waiting for TWood to heal and fighting him later in the year.

I wonder how long it took them to think of The Lion’s Den name. Pretty cool gym / team name. Then you get lame ones like ****** alpha male.

That was a cool documentary.

I’d love if they did more on these teams.

Right now, I’d say AKA is probably the best “team.”

American Top Team is up there too. Yeah.....Team Alpha Male is the worst gym name ever.

Great doc as well. Saw it last night and wanted it even longer.

Screen_Shot_2018-04-06_at_10.45.01_AM.png

eh Juan whoo? Que

Tried watching his special... I am about 40 mins into it after 3 times trying to pick it back up... Not for me but props to him for going for it and cashing in

I align with the belief in this thread that Robert Follis's suicide shook Kevin Lee to his core. He hasn't really been the same fighter or person since the end of 2017. Stopped Barboza but missed weight doing so. Dropped a second decision to 'Raging' Al. Tapped by RDA most recently. From a technical standpoint, his striking has a ways to go for him to be an upper-echelon contender at 155 or 170. But Lee is only 26, perhaps finding the right camp will bode well for him moving forward.

I'm not bothered by his brash, cocky attitude. I view it as a way Lee hypes himself up. You can call it corny, but it's not on Colby levels of annoyance.

Tried watching his special... I am about 40 mins into it after 3 times trying to pick it back up... Not for me but props to him for going for it and cashing in

Same with Rogan. I want to enjoy his specials, but I can't even get through 15 mins of it. Schaub is funnier on his podcasts

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat , keep an eye out for my dude Sung Bin Jo on next weekend's Sweden card. He's fighting Daniel Teymur, who is on a 3-fight losing streak. Most MMA fans know about KZ and KSB, but "Korean Falcon" is part of the next SK wave. Finished all nine of his opponents. Got him tapping Teymur within the first two rounds.

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat , keep an eye out for my dude Sung Bin Jo on next weekend's Sweden card. He's fighting Daniel Teymur, who is on a 3-fight losing streak. Most MMA fans know about KZ and KSB, but "Korean Falcon" is part of the next SK wave. Finished all nine of his opponents. Got him tapping Teymur within the first two rounds.

I was a fan of Doo Ho Choi and was wondering why I haven’t heard his name in a while. Then I learned he had to join South Korea’s mandatory military service. Idk if they have like a draft over there or what but he’s supposed to miss a few years. I think Korean Zombie missed like 3 years of fighting for the same reason.

I was a fan of Doo Ho Choi and was wondering why I haven’t heard his name in a while. Then I learned he had to join South Korea’s mandatory military service. Idk if they have like a draft over there or what but he’s supposed to miss a few years. I think Korean Zombie missed like 3 years of fighting for the same reason.
Conscription been around in SK since 1957. Men between the ages of 18 to 28 are required to serve in the military for up to two years. South Korea has gradually been shortening the length of compulsory military service. There are certain exemptions available, like Son Heung-min, because SK won the Asian Games for futebol.

Even though it's his athletic prime, I actually think the time off from MMA could be good for KSB. He took an absolute beating against Cub. Chin too sturdy for his own good. Followed up with a brawl vs. "Lil' Heathen." Ain't nobody gonna last fighting that way forever at 145.

Choi also gave Cub a beating. That fight was unreal. I’ve been meaning to rewatch it.
For sure. One of the best FW fights I've ever seen. Tons of back-and-forth striking.

Meant to ask since you're a Pack fan, do Wisconsin dudes rock with "Showtime" like that? I thought he was finished between the Max and "Diamond" fights but I'm looking wrong after the positive "Wonderboy" result.

Back
Top Bottom