The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Korean Zombie v T-City SAT 10/17 @4PM on ESPN+

Joined May 6, 2015
Wow I was thinking Cowboys stadium was a possibility for fans attendance. I'm thinking this fight gets made now and UFC find away to secure the venue.

SORIANOTRON

Formerly 'sorianotron'
Joined Feb 16, 2011
5-10Ms to show + ppv points I doubt he’s fighting for anything less than 15million probably closer to 20

You figure Jon claims he made 7Ms to fight DC....I think jon was only getting 500k to show so thats 6.5M coming from PPV points, the gate, merch or however else they pay these guys.

Joined Nov 5, 2012
Alright if Dana can't make this happen then that's on him. If Tank can have a fight on Halloween with fans in San Antonio then fans in Dallas shouldn't be an issue in January. Granted, I am not necessarily in favor of getting fans back asap I'm just stating facts about other events having fans.. not to mention the NFL has been able to do it

I also see Conor keeping his Ace in the hole (Manny) since Khabib is posturing that a Conor rematch may not be in the cards

I don't see the point in Conor doing MMA then fight Manny (Dustin as practice my *** lol). Why not just fight Manny straight away and get the bag lol. **** it at least Diamond can be blessed with a pay day that he deserves

Joined Nov 5, 2012
Usually even the big money guys will have to keep re-upping more fights when they renegotiate in order to get Dana to open his wallet. i.e. Jorge shed light on this I believe

Conor is a different beast and seems to be very business savvy. I don't think he's fight to fight but I also don't think he's enslaved for multiple fights. Ariel gotta do some research on this one

Joined Nov 5, 2012
With Korean Zombie fighting this weekend a topic was brought up about if Zombie never dumbly loses against Yair with 1 second left, where would his path have went

Looking back at the timeline, Zombie lost to Yair in NOV 2018 and then Max beat the breaks off T-City in DEC 2018

If Zombie beats Yair, that would be wins over Bermudez and Yair, you have to think that would have been enough to secure a title shot against Max. Perhaps Max never fights Dustin at 155 but even if that fight still plays out, Zombie would be sitting there waiting

Maybe Volk's path changes drastically. Just nuts to think about actually, Zombie literally lost with 1 second left

Joined Nov 5, 2012
BTW Bellator is starting their Thursday night cards tomorrow with Cyborg fighting some random

An interesting/typical weird Bellator thing about tomorrow is the story that the Pitbull who is double champ said that he would like to relinquish his LW belt in order for his brother (who is fighting tomorrow) to get the next title shot

Joined Jan 20, 2002
had to look up AJ wiki. totally forgot how dominant he was during his career. aside from those DC losses he was running through his opponents

Joined Nov 5, 2012
had to look up AJ wiki. totally forgot how dominant he was during his career. aside from those DC losses he was running through his opponents
If only he could defend RNC's lmao

I remember when he missed weight by like 15 lbs against Vitor in Brazil. The atmosphere in the arena was one of the most intense ones I've ever seen. They wanted Rumble to die in there man. When he got subbed I thought his career was in danger of going off the rails... and then in his very next fight which was out of the UFC.. he misses weight again lmao.. thought it was a wrap for him

Then he starts fighting at LHW and HW lol it was good though to get out of the UFC for a while so he could figure his **** out

Joined Jan 26, 2019
If only he could defend RNC's lmao

I remember when he missed weight by like 15 lbs against Vitor in Brazil. The atmosphere in the arena was one of the most intense ones I've ever seen. They wanted Rumble to die in there man. When he got subbed I thought his career was in danger of going off the rails... and then in his very next fight which was out of the UFC.. he misses weight again lmao.. thought it was a wrap for him

Then he starts fighting at LHW and HW lol it was good though to get out of the UFC for a while so he could figure his **** out
That vitor fight was some bs I remember there were some quick stand ups after rumble would take him down.

Joined Jul 18, 2012
Lol you jus making up numbers SORIANOTRON SORIANOTRON .

I'd bet 4 figures he doesnt make more than 10 million. That's what he made to fight donald. 3 mill base then his pts which some astute fans penned at between 5-8 mill depending on his pts scale. So since then we've seen his popularity wane (less buys than Jorge and Usman, socials not doin prime mcnugget numbers) and the live gate dissolving. Why would they pay him huge money?

They almost didnt make the Jorge/Usman fight over money and Jorge only made what 4-6Ms. Now they're seeing their going up regaurdless. Joaquin Buckley has the most viewed/retweeted video in the company's history. They're on fire. Dillishaw coming back. Khamzat hitting the scene... Izzy n Jon squaring off. Doesnt make sense to throw the kitchen sink at a guy that cant possibly move the needle more than it's currently moving without him. That's why dana said Jan 23 or get ****ed. Everything their doing is coming up Aces

WAITTTT jus watched Dustin tell Helwani yesterday they haven't even offered him a fight:rofl: :rofl::rofl:

Last edited:

SORIANOTRON

Formerly 'sorianotron'
Joined Feb 16, 2011
Yeah your right I’m guesstimating....

But I’m not far off....he’s been getting $3 mill just to show....

so you add PPV points + a live gate thats ALOT of money. Dana and the UFC protect how much guys make off points and the gate but if jon really took home 7mill after getting 500k to show, that is a substantial amount of back end....I believe it too, you hear how hard these guys fight for PPV points and a piece of the gate...you hear them say 1 main event + ppv points is a “life changer” so obviously headliners are making ALOT more than what they get just to show.

Conor making 15-20M’s off a main event PPV with a gate is not far fetched, he makes legit boxing money off these events.

Joined Nov 5, 2012
Yeah he was talking about that with Ariel. He isn’t even like a shiny prospect so that’s understandable to have another job. At least he’s the manager lol

Joined Jul 2, 2013
Bellator trying their hardest to not make new fans with their premier on CBS sports tonight. Patricky/Jaleel co-main is off and the first fight on the main card ended no contest in the 1st due to nut shot. :lol: :lol: :smh:

Co-main was the only interesting fight on this card smh.

• Haha
Reactions: OTG
Joined Nov 5, 2012
Bellator trying their hardest to not make new fans with their premier on CBS sports tonight. Patricky/Jaleel co-main is off and the first fight on the main card ended no contest in the 1st due to nut shot. :lol: :lol: :smh:

Co-main was the only interesting fight on this card smh.
I'm sitting here watching and had no clue about the Pitbull cancellation smfh

Well, you can't make this **** up besides point to the fact that it's that Bellator luck

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now