The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

I'd say Conor knew what he was doing with trying to get that fight ASAP. Knowing less time for Dustin to recover from the war with Hooker the better. But now I'm seeing Dana said only Jan 26 for them :lol: . Dana refuses to pay anybody else ppv points on a Conor card :lol::smh:

If the conor that fought khabib shows up...dustin can win.

conor couldn’t hit a wall that night.

I’m not sure what the contract situation with dana is, like would dana have to sign off on the pacquiao fight too? If so, it seemed like conor forcing his hand by setting up “charity matches” to get what he wants.

conor basically saying I’m going to fight regardless, so the UFC can either collect a cut or I’m self promoting these charity fights and collect 100%.

I think he gets his fight with dustin who is also a southpaw.....and then goes on to fight manny whom coincidentally (sarcasm) is also a southpaw.....

well see.

Good to see them do right with Aljo and make that fight. Will be an interesting clash of styles.

Also with 257 potentially being Colby-Mas or Stipe-Francis I wonder why Conor just doesn't want to take the January date?!? Once again making excuses that he wanted to fight but UFC didn't want to let him have his way.

Dana basically squeezing conor now that yan and aljo are booked on that ppv lmao

“you will fight when I say you will fight”

I question if conor ever wanted to seriously fight in the first place

conor’s the leverage man.....he’ll fight but it’s gotta be 100% on his terms.

as a fan he be teasing and it can be frustrating...but as an employee/fighter he is well within his right to fight for what he wants. I’m sure guys like stylebender and jones are watching and taking note.

Cant be mad at him, just sucks cuz he’s so good he’s wasting these past few years playing chicken with the UFC/Dana.

Wow I was thinking Cowboys stadium was a possibility for fans attendance. I'm thinking this fight gets made now and UFC find away to secure the venue.

5-10Ms to show + ppv points I doubt he’s fighting for anything less than 15million probably closer to 20

You figure Jon claims he made 7Ms to fight DC....I think jon was only getting 500k to show so thats 6.5M coming from PPV points, the gate, merch or however else they pay these guys.

Alright if Dana can't make this happen then that's on him. If Tank can have a fight on Halloween with fans in San Antonio then fans in Dallas shouldn't be an issue in January. Granted, I am not necessarily in favor of getting fans back asap I'm just stating facts about other events having fans.. not to mention the NFL has been able to do it

I also see Conor keeping his Ace in the hole (Manny) since Khabib is posturing that a Conor rematch may not be in the cards

I don't see the point in Conor doing MMA then fight Manny (Dustin as practice my *** lol). Why not just fight Manny straight away and get the bag lol. **** it at least Diamond can be blessed with a pay day that he deserves

That’s why I’m curious about his contract - how many more fights does he owe Dana/presume he isn’t on a fight by fight basis.

Usually even the big money guys will have to keep re-upping more fights when they renegotiate in order to get Dana to open his wallet. i.e. Jorge shed light on this I believe

Conor is a different beast and seems to be very business savvy. I don't think he's fight to fight but I also don't think he's enslaved for multiple fights. Ariel gotta do some research on this one

With Korean Zombie fighting this weekend a topic was brought up about if Zombie never dumbly loses against Yair with 1 second left, where would his path have went

Looking back at the timeline, Zombie lost to Yair in NOV 2018 and then Max beat the breaks off T-City in DEC 2018

If Zombie beats Yair, that would be wins over Bermudez and Yair, you have to think that would have been enough to secure a title shot against Max. Perhaps Max never fights Dustin at 155 but even if that fight still plays out, Zombie would be sitting there waiting

Maybe Volk's path changes drastically. Just nuts to think about actually, Zombie literally lost with 1 second left

BTW Bellator is starting their Thursday night cards tomorrow with Cyborg fighting some random

An interesting/typical weird Bellator thing about tomorrow is the story that the Pitbull who is double champ said that he would like to relinquish his LW belt in order for his brother (who is fighting tomorrow) to get the next title shot

had to look up AJ wiki. totally forgot how dominant he was during his career. aside from those DC losses he was running through his opponents

had to look up AJ wiki. totally forgot how dominant he was during his career. aside from those DC losses he was running through his opponents
If only he could defend RNC's lmao

I remember when he missed weight by like 15 lbs against Vitor in Brazil. The atmosphere in the arena was one of the most intense ones I've ever seen. They wanted Rumble to die in there man. When he got subbed I thought his career was in danger of going off the rails... and then in his very next fight which was out of the UFC.. he misses weight again lmao.. thought it was a wrap for him

Then he starts fighting at LHW and HW lol it was good though to get out of the UFC for a while so he could figure his **** out

If only he could defend RNC's lmao

I remember when he missed weight by like 15 lbs against Vitor in Brazil. The atmosphere in the arena was one of the most intense ones I've ever seen. They wanted Rumble to die in there man. When he got subbed I thought his career was in danger of going off the rails... and then in his very next fight which was out of the UFC.. he misses weight again lmao.. thought it was a wrap for him

Then he starts fighting at LHW and HW lol it was good though to get out of the UFC for a while so he could figure his **** out

That vitor fight was some bs I remember there were some quick stand ups after rumble would take him down.

Back
Top Bottom