The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

they aren't but maybe with floyd in the mix they will. i don't know where this money is coming from. :lol: damn near all tickets are sold out so that's a good sign.

Yeah they ain paying Floyd’s contract from just selling out the damn Saitama Super Arena :lol:

Something else going on over there :nerd:

I'm guessing the UFC didn't want to do a modified MMA fight aka basically a boxing match with a bit more allowed. Wasn't there rumors of a Conor-Floyd mma bout with modified rules?

Like Eddie A said, it’s a competitive landscape out there. Rizin was probably the best offer at the moment. He competes on New Years. He probably didn’t work it out with the UFC. We know it’s in a ring. The kid is smaller and will probably only be able to box.

I was really looking forward to Wonderboy/Lawler and Till/Askren.

I can see why that potential fight was scrapped. Dana probably wants to get good mileage out of Askren. And Till still has a bright future ahead of him. So you don't want either to get a loss in their next fight.

Floyd has become an embarrassment to combat sports.

If my man stop tricking so hard he wouldn’t need to keep doing these circus events.
bruh ...

Once upon a time there was a market for these type of spectacles. Just because floyd is capitalizing on it, people really mad? Dude is making close to 100M for another fight, I think that as long as he can continue doing, go for it.

In regards to an embarrassment to combat sport, how so? He is fighting his style and inviting anyone that think they can beat him at his game to put their money where their mouth is.

This BS has to stop ... people always hating on a brother/sister for making their bread.

In regards to making bread in an Asian market. I wish o could sell one lightbulb to every Asian for a dollar. I would be a billionaire. So yes, there is lots of money.

yea at the end of the day not intereested? dont watch

i KNEW they werent gunna let Till face Askren. if he got ground and pounded his confidence would be shotttt. gotta stay the course with Till and Costa of feeding them cans and old fighters. continue to grow their skill sets but keep that confidence high

All I know is that if Askren strings together a couple wins where he completely dominates on the ground, they better do him vs Khabib or GSP. I mean, thats what we all really want to see right? (That is if you like watching wrestlers to begin with)

Yeah. OMG, James Toney wants to fight Randy Couture in UFC. OMG. Shock value. Toney is broke. This is such an embarrassment.

CM Punk is a wrassler. He has no business being in the Octagon. Zuffa is bankrupt.

Seriously, one of the best combat sports events was a boxing match between social media personalities.

I'm excited about all the buzz RIZIN and One are getting right now. Hopefully, Asian MMA can regain some major momentum that leads to a Pride like atmosphere.

Mayweather's 50-0 boxing career will not be the only unbeaten record on the line when he faces Nasukawa, who is 27-0 in kickboxing and 4-0 in MMA.

And although still only young, Nasukawa's career has already been punctuated by some notable wins, defeating veteran and multiple-stadium champion Wanchalong PK.Saenchai with a first-round knock-out at the age of 18.

Nasukawa has already seen off one former champion boxer, too. Two months after downing Wanchalong, ex-IBF flyweight title-holder Amnat Ruenroeng was beaten.

This record made Nasukawa the obvious foil for Mayweather in the eyes of Rizin.

Fight has to be a boxing match. MMA or kickboxing present to many unfamiliar variables/risk for a low risk taker like Floyd to take.

Yeah. OMG, James Toney wants to fight Randy Couture in UFC. OMG. Shock value. Toney is broke. This is such an embarrassment.

CM Punk is a wrassler. He has no business being in the Octagon.

Seriously, one of the best combat sports events was a boxing match between social media personalities.

It was an embarrassment.

He had no business being in the octagon, he’s proven that twice.

One of the best combat sports events? LOL.

I'm not buying too much into Askrens record. On paper his best win is Douglas Lima.

I think there's several dudes in the top 10 that will beat him. Woodley, Covington, Usman... Possibly Wonderboy and Till.

Robbie Lawler is a great match up for his first fight.

I'm not buying too much into Askrens record. On paper his best win is Douglas Lima.

I think there's several dudes in the top 10 that will beat him. Woodley, Covington, Usman... Possibly Wonderboy and Till.

Robbie Lawler is a great match up for his first fight.

Askren is a monster... When he decides its time to go for a ride, its time... His top game is so heavy too... He will get some better comp since 170 is the best weight class in the world but I think he will be Top 5 in a hurry... He would have demolished Till... Usman Woodley Colby will be tough for him.

I hear ya. I gotta see it though man....

Dude is also 34 so his window is already pretty small.

Can't wait for PVZ VS Rachel for obvious reasons lol. Well as that is the first ESPN+ card (hate that they will have many cards exclusive to + and not one of the 5 or so ESPN channels already available smh) I assume they'll try to get at least one title fight. Will Twood be ready by then?

Paige has put on a good amount of weight. She's borderline butch now. More in the face and arms. And yet, I'm still weirdly attracted to it. Like look at her damn arms in these pics, the hell happened man?

I hear ya. I gotta see it though man....

Dude is also 34 so his window is already pretty small.

DC is damn near 40 and on top of the LHW and HW division. Besides JBJ, he’s dominated a who’s who.

Lima and Koreshkov (sp) are not jokes. Koreshkov put the end though to BENDO. And Lima almost won his fight against Rory.

DC is damn near 40 and on top of the LHW and HW division. Besides JBJ, he’s dominated a who’s who.

Lima and Koreshkov (sp) are not jokes. Koreshkov put the end though to BENDO. And Lima almost won his fight against Rory.

Lighter weight classes though dude. Heavyweights can hold their prime longer.

At welterweight being elite at 34 is super rare.

Reactions: OTG
Back
Top Bottom