The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Credit to t city.. was outclassed but really continues to impress me. Can see them running in back in the near future.

My guy max :pimp:

Rogan gotta chill proclaiming everyone is goat right after a victory.

I can appreciate that performance for sure.

Ortega stood up strong though. Super impressed by his chin.

Terrible game plan. I know you uppercutted Edgar to the next dimension, doesnt mean you get hyped and do the same thing against Holloway.

Overall , pretty solid card.

I dunno if Max moves up as well though. That volume and workrate is hard to deal with but against bigger guys? I dunno

Also that TDD won't be as steller against dudes like Khabib, Lee, Tony, etc.

Conor rematch would definitely be interesting though.

From April, I don't feel like anything's changed except for of course Khabib dominating Conor

Make Khabib vs Max, **** it. 145 has some up and comers but nobody enticing at the moment
Max has started fighting so much more intelligently lately, he's really become a technician

With no camp of course the game planning might be rushed at best

as much as I like tony, i think the one thing he lacks is IQ/game planning. He's real wild in there and puts himself in dangerous situations. It's what makes him so fun to watch but still a reason why I'd give an edge to khabib

With max I believe if he can survive the early rounds of pressure he has a great chance of giving khabib a great fight. I thought the same thing about tony. Tony wanted to go to the ground which if he was telling the truth I'm not sure that's the smartest game plan

Granted max hasn't ever faced a grappler like khabib, I can't recall seeing max taken down in a long time

This is true however I will counter with two things:

1. Max is a slow starter which is highly problematic amongst his other challenges however when he gets his engine started it's not been able to turn off and he starts firing off like crazy

2. Outside of rda (which when they fought it was on an undercard 4 years ago) Khabib hasn't fought any one as good as the current version of Holloway imo. Of course no camp and 6 days notice we don't know what kind of shape he's in but my statement stands

Barboza is probably the best kicker in the division but he's 1 dimensional striker

Johnson has amazing cardio and a solid chin with good wrestling however his striking is lacking and he still was able to touch khabib. Of course khabib had ring rust but still

Max is a complete striker, smart, cardio for days, granite chin and agile

Really isn’t any reason for Max to kill himself and stay at 145. The only one he hasn’t fought is Frankie, and that doesn’t move the needle right now.

I think Max would beat most LWs. Khabib would destroy him tho

Toss-up between him and Conor/Tony

Back
Top Bottom