The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Nate Diaz is back Saturday 8/17 @7PM on PPV

Discussion in 'Sports & Training' started by Vincent Van Goat, Dec 1, 2013.

1. jewseejay

jewseejay

When you beat someone is just as important as who they are. Max and Dustin today >>>> way better than when Connor fought them. Mendes was winning that fight with no camp and is a midget. Aldo today << pre USADA Aldo. Etc. Connors a paper champ. His resume is anything but unincroachable. Good fighter never been great imho. Hes gone 10 rds with Diaz and hasn't separated himself in my eyes from him but yet somehow he gets brought up in goat run talks... its beyond me.

2. HYPR

HYPR

:rofl:

3. cs02132

cs02132

Didn’t know rodolfo Vieira made it to the ufc. Surprised he can make it through USADA :lol:

smedroc likes this.
  4. Clyde Frog

Clyde Frog formerly jay02

That knee to mike perry nose :sick::sick::sick:

its soooooo broken :sick::sick::sick:

5. keko jones

keko jones

Instant ugly. LoL

Crazy nose break.

6. jewseejay

jewseejay

Damnnn Platinum got turned into an Orc

7. Vincent Van Goat

Vincent Van Goat

His nose got smushed

8. OTG

OTG formerly eastside slim

pug perry loses again :pimp:

9. Vincent Van Goat

Vincent Van Goat

Luque is as legit as you can be before you start fighting contenders

Leon Edwards beat him when he was already on a 4 fight UFC win streak, and Luque has won 6 straight UFC fights after losing to Edwards

Edwards win over him looks that much better

10. Vincent Van Goat

Vincent Van Goat

My God

11. Vincent Van Goat

Vincent Van Goat

Carmouche's walkout music... awkward

12. JCMojica24

JCMojica24

My brother trains with Liz so i'm kinda rooting for her

Vincent Van Goat likes this.
  13. Vincent Van Goat

Vincent Van Goat

Just waiting for the buildup for next weekend's card. Want to see if Nate has an angle and if he has bigger plans to fight bigger names

Costa will probably be talking **** on Israel which should be funny

DC will probably have to field Jon Jones questions

14. dasitmane

dasitmane

Kind of looks like Pacquiao? Lol

[​IMG]

15. sorianotron

sorianotron

this dood nose look like a dinosaur leg now :wow:
    [​IMG]

16. Vincent Van Goat

Vincent Van Goat

Jorge forced to acknowledge Leon now :lol:

According to Leon Edwards, the UFC has offered Jorge Masvidal the fight, but it was ultimately turned down by ‘Gamebred’ and his team.

Masvidal responded to ‘Rocky’s‘ claim during a media scrum at today’s UFC Uruguay event.

“It’s not going to be on his terms or whenever the f*ck he wants it,” Masvidal said. “It’ll always be on mine. That’s what bothers him so much inside. He’s got to look at this interview and people are going to call him and tell him. You’re a f*cking nobody. I run this show. You listen to me. When I say I’m going to kick your f*cking ***, I’m going to kick your f*cking ***. I’m going to get paid now. Like I said, 16 years I’ve been chasing this dream of getting the belt. You think I’m going to let some bug like this guy even slightly throw me off my road, my destiny towards my greatness? Towards the belt? I’m going to get the belt and I’m going to eliminate him off the face of the earth.”

Jorge Masvidal continued suggesting that Leon Edwards could be overrated.

“Everyone was saying Ben (Askren) was an amazing fighter before I fought him with all this grappling stuff. But after I five-seconded his ***, now they’re saying he’s overrated. I’m going to beat Leon (Edwards) so bad, they’re going to say the same sh*t about him. They’re going to say he’s overrated. There’s not one bone in my body that is not agreeing with what I’m saying. I’m going to murder that guy when we fight. He’s a scrub. You are a scrub, Leon, and you f*cking know it. The fight will take place when I say so.”

17. Kaleo15

Kaleo15

And? Was it necessary? He had no business saying anything regarding basketball and Jeremy Lin, especially after saying racist remarks about Pacquiao.

Then he had the nerve to pull the race card when Conor said “Dance for me, boy”

Let Trump say something like that, I bet it’s a different tone.

18. smedroc

smedroc

Jorge :lol: :pimp:

The gods were with Oezdemir last night :smh: Walked down Latifi with supreme confidence.

19. whtascene

whtascene

That was a nasty broken nose.

20. spiderjericho

spiderjericho

Perry/Luque was a bloody affair. Mike got his nose reconfigured...

The main event was the worst title fight I’ve ever watched. Carmouche had no business being there. She was content dancing, feinting. She never pressed and did anything of significance. Her coaches suck too.

21. Vincent Van Goat

Vincent Van Goat

The women's 125 division is hilariously bad and the 135 division lacks much intrigue. There's not much going on outside of the 115 division... Nunes vs Cyborg II was never really that appealing and neither are the other possibilities of Nunes vs Germaine or Nunes vs Valentina

22. spiderjericho

spiderjericho

I get why they made it. But man. It’s a shallow division. I couldn’t even tell you who would challenge Valentina next.

Amanda can fight GDR at 135.

115 has a few options.

They definitely need to ax the 145 division.

And 125 across both genders is a mess.

23. shogun

shogun

They just like more divisions because it means more belts and interim belts.

24. spiderjericho

spiderjericho

They need more stars not belts lol.

No one cares who half the champions are. It’s the truth.

We look at the late 2000 hey day. Everyone knew who Randy Couture, Silva, Chuck Lidell, Brock, GSP, BJ Penn were. They were doing 400K+ buy rates.

Ask Joe Blow off the streets if he cares bout 115-145 women’s title fights or who the champions are.

25. Vincent Van Goat

Vincent Van Goat

The thing is, the UFC has continued to grow and grow and rack up partnerships, first with Fox and Reebok and now with ESPN. They aren't feeling the need nor pressure to do anything differently except keep expanding and watering everything down

I have come to accept the trajectory they are on and just keep hoping that we still get good fights. For the most part we still do, there's just a lot of fluff crap in between and fake belts etc.