The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Im actually pleasantly surprised Dana even acknowledged this is a trend. I figured hed dance around it more.

I also thought Connor would be back next month... if he doesnt fight till next year who does he even get. Like the allure is fading.... fast

Jus like Rhonda.... When u cant win anymore you can do all the commercials and movies you want the sport is moving along without ya

Im actually pleasantly surprised Dana even acknowledged this is a trend. I figured hed dance around it more.

I also thought Connor would be back next month... if he doesnt fight till next year who does he even get. Like the allure is fading.... fast

Jus like Rhonda.... When u cant win anymore you can do all the commercials and movies you want the sport is moving along without ya
Dude would be a sellout in WWE, but I'm sure that egotistical maniac would really hurt one of them Male soap opera actors.

I fully believe if Nate wins this weekend Dana would be pushing hard to sell that trilogy fight. I just dont see any other fight for conor at this point. He is not getting that rematch with Khabib.

Dude would be a sellout in WWE, but I'm sure that egotistical maniac would really hurt one of them Male soap opera actors.

Lol Connor ain't hurting no 250lbs WWE star. Haven't watched since the days of Stone Cold so maybe they're all small guys now but in its heyday all those guys were 6'2 and up 250lbs and up. Connor would be the one getting hurt. Is the Undertaker or Kane still around? Can they get one of them to come out the casket and choke slam him thru the canvas.

Watching the embeddeds and just thinking that if dc can beat this version of stipe, it would be crazy impressive

Stipe still in his prime and is hungry af. Focused only on getting this win back... He’s been obsessed with this rematch dc gotta be on his A game.. stipe literally refused to take any other fight

In their first fight, I remember dc looking real slow. Being back at hw had him looking like a blob.

Stipe had a good start to their first fight but DC was eating those shots. I think Stipe takes a more cautious approach in the first round or two before throwing his big shots.

It seemed like Stipe's gameplan was to get in close quarters and clinch. Seems like DC would want that, so it'll be interesting if Stipe fights more at range

/\ nope. I watched the fight 4 or 5 times that night. Seemed to me DC was setting a trap from the word go. He let Stipe get momentum so hed continue to come forward and give him the opening to land a big shot

I remember thinkin damn DC is so much smaller physically hes getting man handled early. Then the subsequent times I watched it I caught some of the nuance. He did ALOT of little things to set up that KO. Purposely looking like he didnt wanna trade, Allowing Stipe to come in and bang and clinch. Then all of a sudden DCs jab finds the mark 2 or 3 times, the eyepoke, then hes twice as strong in the clinch all of a sudden and blammm

I had DC in control of the whole fight, it was obvious he was letting stipe walk him down and trying to set them traps.....

Honestly DC is just LEVELS above stipe as far as experience, skill set, octagon IQ...

Stipe not much of a tactician or strategist.....he's used to just going out there and out punching guys and seeing who's chin holds up better.

DC is a different animal, you need more than just power and size to beat him, you gotta be willing to literally die in there man.

I see DC stopping stipe again, maybe gets a sub this time around.

Stipe is the type to be willing to die. He seems as focused and dedicated as you can be after suffering that loss

I’ve seen dc go out before so I don’t think it’s a stretch to happen again

It may all be true that dc checks many more boxes than stipe, but at hw a lot of that can go out the window

I think it’ll be a closer fight

DC is a savage and got an iron chin. it took a foot to his dome to finish him. can't remember any other time where i thought he was ever in trouble in his fights. even with the war vs gus and taking a big shot from rumble, he seems like he's always in control. i predict him finishing stipe again

All fighters on the main card made weight. That Romero-Costa fight could be fireworks but I think they didn't want to risk it headlining a fight night and then falling through.

aldo says he wants to go to 135... RIP. we all know how well **** goes when you try to drop down in weight during the latter stages of an extensive career.

I get why Aldo wants an immediate crack at Cejudo, then if he wins he prob figures maybe he can either do an immediate rematch if its close or fight Faber or Frankie again lol.

Diaz vs Pettis The kicking vs punching is going to be a chess match. If they go to the ground though :wow:

Last time I remember nate getting rocked outside of conor was that Thompson head kick

nate's durability and cardio will probably have him winning the fight. i don't see pettis winning
then again, what do i know? what are the odds on this fight?

saw it on one book
diaz +105
pettis -130

Back
Top Bottom