The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

The 10 point must system literally says "effective striking then effective grappling" Those takedowns were nothing when Reyes got back up right away. They shouldn't mean much in that case. Had it 1,2 Reyes 4,5 Jones with 3 being a toss. Thought Reyes won but can see Jones too. That 4-1 judge was straight bs.

This isn’t wrestling. This is MMA.

If they gave you points for getting back up then what would be the point of giving points for the takedown ?
in wrestling for every takedown that gets stuffed and the match is brought back to a neutral position it’s two points for each wrestler, when take downs are escaped its 1 point to the escapee. It doesn’t take away from the take down, wrestling matches are usually won by controlling and keeping your opponent on the mat which jon clearly didn’t have.

Was Reyes ever actually on his back at any point? From what I can remember he mostly managed to land on his butt or scramble to his knees right away.

And we gotta stop giving kudos to the guys that throw wild punches, kicks, or knockout combos that aren’t even close to landing clean. Y’all did the same thing for the Santos fight. Reyes was throwing haymakers and Jones was just leaning out of the way. Reyes is fast and it looks cool....but cmon. There was a sequence when dude threw up like 10 punches and none of them landed. I was seriously confused by what I had seen.

This isn’t anything new as far as I’m aware.
And for a long time the community has been questioning this exact take down discussion, wondering why judges score so highly for them. Just because things are done for a long time doesn't make it correct or right

As far as tonight is concerned, I have no issue with Jones winning 4 and 5 based on striking and take downs

And we gotta stop giving kudos to the guys that throw wild punches, kicks, or knockout combos that aren’t even close to landing clean. Y’all did the same thing for the Santos fight. Reyes was throwing haymakers and Jones was just leaning out of the way. Reyes is fast and it looks cool....but cmon. There was a sequence when dude threw up like 10 punches and none of them landed. I was seriously confused by what I had seen.
Nah. Almost every respected analyst, journalist recognized how well Reyes fought tonight. He landed clean plenty of times

Was Reyes ever actually on his back at any point? From what I can remember he mostly managed to land on his butt or scramble to his knees right away.
he wasn’t, the mans stomach never touched the mat. He got clean breaks or Initiated a break within seconds, and on top of that he stuffed him like 3 times through the first 3 rounds.

The mental gymnastics being played right now is amazing. dudes aren’t even saying it should be a unanimous to Reyes. To say Jon won 4-1 as a ref in my opinion is a robbery. To alsosay Jon’s 4th and 5th were better than 3 won rounds due to half assed takedowns is also pretty wild. It’s a split going to either fighter with me personally giving it to reyes for our striking and stuffing takedowns through the first 3 rounds

Nah. Almost every respected analyst, journalist recognized how well Reyes fought tonight. He landed clean plenty of times
He definitely landed clean many times but people actin like everything he threw was bombs away....I referenced that sequence as proof to that point.

Lol right.
You can literally hear his shots land.

We're not blind. We all saw the strikes that didn't land or slipped right of Jon but that doesn't mean Reyes didn't land anything clean.

and these dudes Fosho can’t hang with Jones. Smith can’t either. They’re gonna have to run this fight back
Man, I think the mileage is adding up for Jones though. At some point that always wins

They gotta cash out that Izzy Jones fight before either of them lose

Jon gotta be questioning moving to HW. Is he really stopping anyone with his striking? Is he going to be able to take those guys down?
i think he already knew the answer with his hesitation to move up after the DC fights
he'll get that big fight from a smaller guy in israel

as far as the fight, it was a toss up. if reyes had been champ, he probably get the decision. jones did enough to keep the belt

Man, I think the mileage is adding up for Jones though. At some point that always wins

They gotta cash out that Izzy Jones fight before either of them lose
realistically if Izzy gets through Yoel I’d be surprised if he doesn’t make the weight jump. That boy has cement knuckles. Sons gotta smell the blood in the water for Jones.

That seems like a tall task for Jones though
Lol wut...if DC didn’t go full ****** we would have forgotten all about dude.
STIPE????
A8924EAA-6DEC-4626-BC23-3337F2EB0F9D.jpeg

Stipe's ground game is food? idk, who has ever exploited his ground game
i should have worded that better, in comparison to Jon’s it’s food. Jon has a lot more finesse in his grappling in my opinion. aint no way Jon going punch for punch like he did with Reyes, for stipe.

Back
Top Bottom