The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Izzy should lean into the "I can just outpoint you and you can't do anything about it" angle that would be funny and if anything else, true

If he keeps predicting flashy knockouts and continues to put on boring fights that will probably put a damper on his persona and at worst lose him fans/credibility etc.
Yea, he should just lean into the Floyd Mayweather routine. Mayweather literally gave him the playbook lol

I just saw Cowboy retired last night. Damn.

When I went thru my fight camp I had a tap out shirt of his with the skull and cowboy hat on the front.. back just said “Believe”

Grateful I got to see the good fights from that man. Respect.

I just saw Cowboy retired last night. Damn.

When I went thru my fight camp I had a tap out shirt of his with the skull and cowboy hat on the front.. back just said “Believe”

Grateful I got to see the good fights from that man. Respect.

Nah, **** Cerrone… dude is a racist POS, he was only out there for a paycheck.

No one wants to talk about Jim Miller having the most wins in the UFC (24). And them allowing him to fight out his contract on a win streak!!

Watched a youtube video explaining how Pereira set up his left hook by throwing a strong straight punch. That caused skinhead to guard and cover his face and leaving himself open for the hook.

He needs to go workout with Jon Jones since Volk was training with Izzy…

respek-211x240.png

Watched a youtube video explaining how Pereira set up his left hook by throwing a strong straight punch. That caused skinhead to guard and cover his face and leaving himself open for the hook.

Nah fam that's not what happened at all. Skinhead is Strickland right, just making sure I'm on the same page. :lol:

Son was open for the hook because he was casually walking down Pereira, with his hands down. Like way to casual, in retrospect outright bizarre and/or stupid.

I'm just going off tops and haven't rewatched, but if anything Pereira set it up with a couple of jabs to the body in the minute or so leading up, but it wasn't some noteworthy tactical set up in terms of the specific sequence leading to the KO.

Strickland was lackin and Pereira obviously a killer on a technical level first, and then again on a physical level. Don't know what Strickland was thinking.

As crazy as the hook was, the two rights Pereira lands as dude is falling before he even hits the ground might have been the most outrageous thing of all. Sniped dudes dome 2x while the target was free falling.

Funny none of the press or broadcast talked about Pereira starting fighting MMA before Adesanya, he nust went back to kickboxing because opportunities were better there for him at the time.

I see alot of people complaining about izzy’s last few preformances….must be alot of new fans here….

This is on par for the cycle of a dominant champion, it’s happened to all the greats who have held the belt for 5+ fights…

Izzy has been champion for a few years now…EVERYONE is studying him, breaking film down and game planning for him since he is the champion…there’s ALOT of film on him. When he first came in the UFC he was relatively unknown, not that much film…now over time he has gained the #1 headband and the target that come with it.

It’s extremely hard to KO guys now that they have seen so much film on you and basically know all your moves. What happens is the challengers find a path to draw the fight out and avoid anything crazy, but in doing so this makes the fight “booring”. You can’t take the belt away trying to avoid getting knocked out or stopped….this happened alot with Jon towards the end of his career GSP, Anderson….all of them.

Izzy is on par for greatness, he freeze guys up in there and make them tentative not wanting to get turned into a highlight reel….look at how rob fought izzy the second time, vittori, cannonaire….they all just in their trying NOT TO GET KNOCKED OUT.

Izzys best fight was gastelum because kelvin gave 0 ****s and threw caution to the wind. Everyone that has done that to SB has gotten stopped….

So don’t be mad at SB, be mad at the contenders for choosing a safe, drawn out game plan. They was all on a tear until they fought izzy and then became passive….coincidence? Nah SB really do have guys second guessing themselves in there.

Personally I don't care that Izzy fights the way he does. He clearly has the division figured out

I'm not mad at his game planning or him one bit. What I am getting tired of are his predictions of crazy knockouts or flashy finishes. And then after a leg kick and jab fest, saying "I had an off night". Lol, dude been saying that for a lot of fights now

He should just quit the big talk pre fight if he aint gonna do it. That's the difference. Don't see why he can't be called out for that

Otherwise I respect the hell out of his technique. I dig how different and unique he is as a persona. He really dgaf about what anyone think. Aint nobody touching him in that division outside of maybe Pereria

Personally I don't care that Izzy fights the way he does. He clearly has the division figured out

I'm not mad at his game planning or him one bit. What I am getting tired of are his predictions of crazy knockouts or flashy finishes. And then after a leg kick and jab fest, saying "I had an off night". Lol, dude been saying that for a lot of fights now

He should just quit the big talk pre fight if he aint gonna do it. That's the difference. Don't see why he can't be called out for that

Otherwise I respect the hell out of his technique. I dig how different and unique he is as a persona. He really dgaf about what anyone think. Aint nobody touching him in that division outside of maybe Pereria
33% Finish rate and he’s doing the night/night like Steph and CM Punk?

He really is a slick striker. Maybe not as flashy as McGregor when he first came on the scene. And I think long term, Izzy will have the greater legacy. But Conor will be the more popular due to his style/finishes. Technically, Izzy is scary. It’s chess boxing. Whitaker would be champ if Izzy didn’t exist.

AND MW, currently, is not at the level of mid 2010s where you had dudes who could stand (not at Izzy’s level) and grapple/wrestle (a la Moussasi, Rockhold, Weidman, Bisping, defensive wrestle like Romero, etc).

Last edited:
The problem is Izzy talks like McGregor but fights like a fancy Machida.

If you wanna strike and be interesting and never truly go for the KO, feel free. But don’t talk reckless and promise some spectacular show in the pressers.

Machida got one of the greatest front kick KOs of all time.

Izzy’s talking about a three peat, he doesn’t even have three highlights in the UFC.

Back
Top Bottom