The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- O’Malley v Vera on NOW

I wouldn’t have been mad if they gave it to Reyes. Was fully expecting a split decision for Jones though....Unaminous decision....no way...he did deserve the win though.

Aside from the leg kick and the punch I forgot he threw in the third, Jon controlled the fight from the 3rd round forward
This.

Neither fighter landed much of significance 3R and on, Jones with the insurance takedowns saved his W.

Forward control + takedowns + no other action.. what else can the judges go off?

Reyes lost to Oezdemir too. Them giving him that win was a joke.

The right guy won the fight. Commentating was insanely bias tonight.

This.

Neither fighter landed much of significance 3R and on, Jones with the insurance takedowns saved his W.

Forward control + takedowns + no other action.. what else can the judges go off?
I agree with all of this but....UD?
I’m a firm believer of the fact that you gotta BEAT the champ though.

Jones looking human once again. Izzy might actually get him if he can stop the takedown.

But Jones lost that one man, I had it 3-2 Reyes.

Reyes lost to Oezdemir too. Them giving him that win was a joke.

The right guy won the fight. Commentating was insanely bias tonight.
All you gotta do is surprise the champ a lil and the sides turn. Reyes came with it tho. Either Jones is approaching washed status or he didn’t take him serious like he said. He has to stop being so passive in the early rounds because he thinks he can out last the other fighter

A 5 round fight cannot be won with a few punches in the first 2 rounds. Even if one of them was a knockdown.

Unless something has changed, takedowns are to be seen to a similar degree (scoring wise) as knockdowns. Jon made up for his knockdown in the later rounds.

He had octagon control moving forward pushing the fight from R3 on.. also a scoring tactic.

who didn’t see this coming?

Filthy casuals coming out in force in the thread right now in support of Reyes.
Reyes out struck him and stuffed all his clinch attempts through the first 3 rounds, then through 4th and 5th Reyes escaped all his takedowns immediately. I’ll call it a split to Reyes

All you gotta do is surprise the champ a lil and the sides turn. Reyes came with it tho. Either Jones is approaching washed status or he didn’t take him serious like he said. He has to stop being so passive in the early rounds because he thinks he can out last the other fighter

his last three fights agains inferior fighters been lackluster. i assume it's the a combination of lack of roids, age, fighting down to the competition, etc

Reyes out struck him and stuffed all his clinch attempts through the first 3 rounds, then through 4th and 5th Reyes escaped all his takedowns immediately. I’ll call it a split to Reyes
Reyes moving backwards since the 3rd.. landing nothing of significance. How you split it to him?

Agree with Reyes and Joe. Takedowns shouldn’t count for much if you didn’t follow it up with anything. Reyes was right back on his feet.

Don’t think he was being passive at all. He was pressuring but clearly Jones can’t let his hands fly against a guy that can take his head off any second. I fully expected Jones to lose the first round. I thought he would come on stronger much sooner though...I think the fact that Reyes was still live stalled him a little. Both fighters had great game plans imo.

Dom: "Loss of energy = damage" referring to take downs

Don't know if I agree with that, he's showing his wrestling bias there

Back
Top Bottom