The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Sucks for both guys. It really was close. Hopefully, Corey continues to work on his TDD and clinch game. The only other + for TJ was the pressure.

On the topic of FoTY. What do you guys consider? I honestly am drawing a blank. Last year, there were quite a few.

He'll have the belt soon enough

“I know I had him hurt more times than me,” Sandhagen told Megan Olivi on the UFC on ESPN 27 post-fight show (via MMAJunkie). “I think I was landing the way cleaner shots. I was picking him apart. I guess I should’ve done more. That’s on me. … I told myself I was winning the fifth round. I thought that I did. I don’t know. What can you do? I thought I made really good adjustments as the fight was going on. What can you do? I guess I’ll learn from it. I’ll still be world champ. I’ll still do all the things I said I was going to do. I just have got to learn and get better, I guess.”

Cory Sandhagen continued:

“I don’t want to be a little whiny baby. I’m going to take it. I’m going to get better from it. That’s what I’m going to do, and I’m still going to win a world championship hopefully still next year.”

Sucks for both guys. It really was close. Hopefully, Corey continues to work on his TDD and clinch game. The only other + for TJ was the pressure.

On the topic of FoTY. What do you guys consider? I honestly am drawing a blank. Last year, there were quite a few.
He really only got taken down twice and 1 was off a spinning wheel kick he threw too close.

This has been the only 5 round back and forth war this year from what I can remember. It's definitely a candidate so far. Only other fights I can say is Oliveira/Chandler, Daley vs Dustin's teammate and maybe Barbosa/Burgos? All championship fights have been one way traffic besides the LW title.

This fight definitely gave me Cruz/TJ vibes

There’s a lot to not like about MMA. Dana. The Rankings.

But combat sports judging will always be a sore subject. I wish it was more objective. It would be great if they just used computers (but then folks would say computer viruses).

corey slowed down and tj was grabbing and holding him the last few rounds for octagon control. Should've been smarter and leg kicked the hell out of tj's bad leg or kept punching him in the cut eye.

^^^I agree. Those two rounds were insane. But Sandhagen/Dillashaw is up there. High level striking demonstration.

Never knew this site existed. Heard it on mmafighting.com post show:

Those who say Sandhagen had the significant damage. I can’t disagree. But it was a close fight. And some minor adjustments like Shogun said will help in the rematch.

Last edited:
Feel like Yan would handle tj well. Mess him up standing and his grappling is good enough to stop any takedowns or tj holding him and he'd get his own takedowns.

Yan, the way he bubbles and then smothers/peppers his opponents in later rounds could be a problem for TJ. However, I didn’t see it on display but TJ can be a fast starter which could be an issue for Yan. At least, we’ll say Yan is finally fighting top opponents.

Those knees were nasty. And there were a couple exchanges that left TJ stunned. Did he land the more significant damage? I believe he did. But his loss was due to the subjectivity of the sport. It was a close fight.

And it’s not like we’re giving TJ his flowers. Coming back from a two year lay-off against the #2 guy in the Bw. The knee injury in the first round. The cut in the second. Hanging in there up until the last bell.

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat , do you think the McKee/Pitbull fight is the biggest in Bellator history? I think it’s the highest profile fight they’ve had in a long while. The winner gets the title, wins the FW tournament, and $1 million dollars. If McKee wins, his name enters the discussion as best FW and possible P4P.

McKee pitbull seems like the biggest fight in bellator history. Pitbull still in his prime and McKee seemingly entering it

Chandler Alvarez idk how hyped their fights were but they are up there

Chandler pitbull is up there

Some things to consider with a potential TJ v Yan fight

TJ's cut apparently was the same cut that he had in training that delayed the fight. Thanks to Sandhagen, that area is probably going to be really easy to open up again

TJ's usual movement pretty much stopped after the 1st round due to that knee pop. Kind of skews how good he actually is. imo he is probably better than what he showed last night

I’m for the colby rematch

Hope usman knocks him out in the 3rd after a sustained beating

Leon can fight jorge and get his revenge. Hope Jorge gets jumped back stage

I'm also in for the Colby-Usman rematch. Really the fight that most makes sense for the title even given Colby's inactivity. Usman has improved greatly since the first fight and I'd expect him to take Colby out even earlier this time like 2nd or 3rd round. The wrestling of both should cancel out again like last time but Usman is better everywhere else too.

Leon definitely needs that signature win, beating Nate in a UD didn't really do anything for him and his point fighting style won't propel him for a shot. That said one more W should get him the next shot regardless though.

Wish they would give my man Leon the rub again. I know he's saying he'd sit for the title shot. But if they offer him a 5 round main/co main on that London card In September against Burns, I'm sure he'd take it.

Back
Top Bottom