The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

khabib has so much disdain for the irish rapist that he would enjoy denying him a rematch.

Khabib made it a point to stand with Johnson, (possibly Barboza), Iaquinta and Conor- against his coach's game plan. He did that once in the second round and after Dustin's flurry he stopped messing around. I think that was an important factor in this fight. It showed Khabib's seriousness

Conor about as relevant as Kendrick Perkins is to the NBA. Just go on a talk show and talk your nonsense, the only booking he’s getting are parking tickets from now on

Reactions: DLF
Khabib isn't invincible and even though the blueprint to beat him is out, there probably isn't anyone who can execute the game plan to beat him.

I think Fergason can. Has the reach to keep Khabib at a distance, better striking, and if Khabib gets him down Fergason can do work off his back no?

Nobody can beat him in wrestling. They key is to stuff the takedowns, avoid the fence, and keep it standup in the middle of the octagon as much as possible.

Way easier said then done. I think even Dustin knew this was the plan from his Embedded and it didn’t work.

Was ready to post this exactly.

But yeah if/when he loses it's likely gonna be someone rocking him on his feet. Possibly a submission as well though. Despite dropping Conor, his striking is clearly his weakest area and he's now been lightly wobbled by Michael Johnson and Poirier. And Poirier was pretty close on that guillotine.

They better give Tony that fight next. On paper he's as close to having the right style to beat Khabib as there is at 155 right now

Way easier said then done. I think even Dustin knew this was the plan from his Embedded and it didn’t work.
Right, I don't think there is anyone who can execute it properly right now. Khabib's superior grappling makes it hard to not falter at some point. I'd like to see someone explosive try a Masvidal or Romero type flying knee.

Last edited:
Florian thinks that Ryan Hall can beat him. Problem is Ryan Hall is undersized and he'll probably get his chin rocked going through the gauntlet at 155 before he ever sniffs a title fight against Khabib.

But yeah I think either a good striker with some TDD, or someone with some real solid submissions can beat him. And Tony may both

call me crazy, but i think gaethje has a puncher's chance if he fought khabib. dude is relentless and has a solid wrestling background even though he never uses it :lol: if anything, it'd be entertaining

he's trying to get a red panty?

Felder’s elbows from the bottom were crazy. That was a close fight. Round 2 was the questionable one.

Khabib dominated Dustin. No surprise besides the momentary stun of Khabib (which he smartly ran away from) and the guillotine.

The record is three title defenses at LW. Tony has to be next unless he loses his mind, gets injured or tries to hem Zuffa for $.

Afterward, it’s anyones guess.

Also, did Khabib make $2 mill like his last fight?

Khabib isn't invincible and even though the blueprint to beat him is out, there probably isn't anyone who can execute the game plan to beat him.

Khabib is too disciplined to be beat. Even if you had the blueprint its easier said then done in the ring. Dude is a monster/beast and technical as hell. Its almost like he has a gameplan for any scenario unless you KO him.

Who you guys got if khabib beats tony and has gsp after? My fandom is very casual so I got no opinion but interested in your takes

Everyone has the blueprint, nobody can execute it. Best chance would be a flying knee when Khabib goes for the takedown, but it's so explosive it's difficult to time. Tony vs Khabib needs to happen. I swear if Dana tomato gives Conor a rematch a boycott needs to happen

It'll be interesting to see if the main stream start to catch on to the fact that Khabib associates with Ramzan. Ali and Khabib have done their best to dodge questions so far

Back
Top Bottom