The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

giphy.gif

always good to see chael get stopped that knee in the first almost flatlined him though... dude always avoids getting ko'd :lol:

Uncle chael taking pictures and shaking hands on the way out, all class. I remember when he fought Anderson and I hated him, now I like the guy. Wish him all the best with ESPN and all his other ****

So you defend Jorge for losing to high caliber guys and then discredit Edwards for the same exact thing

Don’t forget Vicente Luque as well. When you win 7 in a row at some point that should elevate you. In this case strictly off resume, I think it does

I fully understand why Jorge is in that fight though

Facts are facts. Jorge’s downfall has always been failure to finish. Most of his losses are extremely close decisions. He’s been fighting much better competition than Edwards for longer than Edwards has been fighting. We really don’t need to have this discussion.

I don't think Jorges losses to Wonderboy nor Maia were close despite whatever the scores read. But it's whatever. Till's best win was Cowboy going into the Wonderboy fight, then proceeds to miss weight and arguably loses. Then somehow that's good enough to get the title shot over Colby, only to get decimated by Woodley. At this point I don't know if Till is that much better than Edwards

Jorge is definitely top tier he's proved that, I think it would have been fair to give Edwards a chance, new blood that is, but again I understand why they're going with Jorge and why they also fast tracked Till

Luke Thomas brought up valid points in prospect evolution. Bellator and the UFC aren't the ideal places for this. I agree, most of today's stars were built through the regional scene or on smaller promotions at the very least before stepping up

Pico should not have been fighting these opponents, it's kind of a shame that happened. I'm just glad they're not doing this to AJ Mckee. But they have other younger prospects that they're also kind of feeding to much more experienced opponents

Proper progression is necessary for most in MMA. I hate to see these athletes with so much potential get rushed. I admire Coker for finding young talent and poaching these prospects but I think in an ideal world he can develop a minor league or be in concert with smaller promotions for this prospect building

Back
Top Bottom