The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

[@=https://niketalk.com/members/38126"media, 2066153"][/GALLERY]
[/URL]
:pimp:  My man is a straight killer b. 

Who ya'll got this weekend? I got Rory. Wonderboy is an outstanding striker but Rory has the experience and size to help close the distance. I honestly don't even think it will be close. Rory is a far superior martial artist. 

got wonderboy. the guy is only getting better. dude is like 60x kickboxing champ and his hands are just as deadly. i think this fight stays on the feet, wonderboy is gonna kick his head off.

Last edited:
Such a great fight. Both men seem to entering the next level

Wonderboy is a sniper and can end a fight from distance

It will be interesting to see how Rory mixes his wrestling in. Wonderboy did a superb job warding off Hendricks takedowns

I think it's an extremely difficult fight to call

Normally I might favor Rory just on experience and being more well rounded, because I think he's sharp enough on his feet to safely close the distance on Thompson and give him problems with the grappling. And we know from the Matt Brown fight that Thompson can be hurt and bullied if you keep constant pressure on him, you probably have to take some decent shots to get in on him but if you have the chin for it, it can be done.

But that fight with Robbie was brutal tho, and Rory is coming off a year layoff, meanwhile Thompson is coming off destroying Hendricks. Gotta wonder what Rory is gonna look like at this point. It's gonna be interesting tho.

I don't have a horse in the race,

but I would like to see wonderboy get the W so he can get a title shot.

WB looks deceptively pedestrian, but he is a straight finisher.

Like someone mentioned earlier, the hands are just as heavy as the feet....I think if he touches rory with something early, he will go for the finish.

Rory's best bet is to drag it out past the 2-3 rounds.

Last edited:

Ariel Helwani  ‏@arielhelwani   51s52 seconds ago

UFC sale definitely progressing. Terms unclear at the moment, but lots of talk from very reliable sources today. Not 100% done, though.
I hope they don't sell the company to some unscrupulous m1/pride group that is going to kill the sport with fixed fights, freak shows and encouraged steroid use. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Want Rory to win.

Wonderboy has him on the feet, Rory will need to take him down.

I hope they don't sell the company to some unscrupulous m1/pride group that is going to kill the sport with fixed fights, freak shows and encouraged steroid use. :smh:
Dana gotta be mad at Ariel at this point lmao

Wonder if Dana stays on. He's gonna ban Ariel for 7 lifetimes this time

Last edited:
No question Dana would leave the UFC if they sold. He is a minority owner of the UFC and the Fertitas are his childhood friends. I don't think the Fertitas would sell unless he was in agreement to do so. 

I would expect a huge exodus if they do sell. All the guys that helped get the sport to this point would bounce. Joe Rogan, Dana White, Joe Silva, etc.

I hope they are diligent in their research of who they sell to. The UFC could easily go down the **** hole if sold to the wrong people.

Last edited:
The company could also go the way of EliteXC, bodogFC, Affliction, Strikeforce and the endless list of MMA companies that failed to duplicate the success the Zuffa group had. A lot of people forget that EliteXC had CBS a deal before the UFC had a deal with Fox, yet they still couldn't figure out a way to stay afloat. 

It would be a nightmare to sell the UFC to a group like the Pride owners. As much as I love Pride, in hindsight, it was a joke. The fixed fights, the encouraged steroid use, the freak show fights, etc. It totally delegitimized the sport. From getting the sport sanctioned in all 50 states to the infusion of MMA into pop culture, the Zuffa group has busted their *** to make this sport what it is. I never imagined seeing UFC highlights on ESPN or seeing a MMA fighter with a multi-million dollar contract ten years ago. I, for one, would be sad to see them go.

Last edited:
Strikeforce and WEC were actually really well run companies aside from the financials. I don't know if they were tanking financially before they got bought out, but as far as talent, production and the cards they produced, they did a hell of a job. And Pride was corrupt in alot of ways but it was FAR from delegitimizing the sport. Steroids for sure (which clearly the UFC also deals with), and freak shows here and there, but too many legit classic fights and grand prix tournaments to be overshadowed by the negatives.

And Zuffa has done some great things but they definitely have alot of room for improvement, sport could use a little change to get to the next level. Especially recently, Zuffa's been doing a whole lotta dumb ****. They mighta took it as far as they can take it under their leadership.

It scares me too but also I've become disenchanted with Dana over the past year or two

He's getting away from what he set his foundation on in terms of putting fights on that make sense. He's been on a very defined path to make the sport more main stream and therefore we suffer some consequences getting there (Reebok, Conor/Ronda, FOX being nothing more than a propaganda channel, when he was trying to do like 4 cards a month etc.)

It sort of excites me to see what someone else might do with it. Depending on which group takes over

Last edited:

The thought of the ufc being run by other ppl scares me
I can't lie lol I am a little terrified. I ******* love this sport. 
frown.gif

dudes on sherdog cracking jokes about these rumored chinese buyers pushing some wing chun/ip man type character that fights from featherweight to heavyweight. 
sick.gif
 the chinese version of minowaman. 

15unda.gif

laugh.gif
sick.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
The sad thing is,

I don't think the owners really care about who they sell it to as much as how much it's sold for.

It's either going to be a great sale and it'll improve the organization, or it'll be a horrible sale and we'll see the end of the UFC. :smh:

The sad thing is,

I don't think the owners really care about who they sell it to as much as how much it's sold for.

It's either going to be a great sale and it'll improve the organization, or it'll be a horrible sale and we'll see the end of the UFC. :smh:

You think so? I had the same thought this morning and wanted to say that the Fertitta brothers would probably sell to a group that more or less has the same values as themselves. The sport has come a looooong way since the beginning and it would really suck to see if become a circus show rather than the sport it is now. A lot of work needs to be done to really have MMA become mainstream..so hopefully the new owners can do it.

Back
Top Bottom