The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Gonna favor frankie over max and max over cub as it is today. I think max got the advantage in out cubbing cub but frankie still looks sharp af. He just could never figure out Josie

Max's confidence is through the roof right now. It is literally the best fight the division can make right now.

Frankie easily Top 3 in the class and the only guy in the Top 5 besides an injured Stun Gun that Max hasn't already beaten. It's the only fight that makes sense.

Realistically it should be Edgar and the winner of Stun Gun/Lamas would have likely been next. Cub really should take that Lamas fight and avenge that loss.

Last edited:
Frankie lost to Josie for the interim title. Max just beat Josie for the title. Give it to Cub. Frankie been had opportunities.

Frankie has been more impressive besides the losses to Aldo. Let Frankie get the shot. Max has already beaten Cub. No one wants to see the run back.

Also cements Max's legacy. Then Max can face Mendes upon his return. Then the division has been washed twice. Max can leave and go up to 155.

Frankie lost to Josie for the interim title. Max just beat Josie for the title. Give it to Cub. Frankie been had opportunities.

Frankie has been more impressive besides the losses to Aldo. Let Frankie get the shot. Max has already beaten Cub. No one wants to see the run back.

Also cements Max's legacy. Then Max can face Mendes upon his return. Then the division has been washed twice. Max can leave and go up to 155.

When is Chad supposed to be back?

If the Edgar fight happens and Max wins, I'd like to see him vs.....

Chad
Stun Gun

And hopefully Yair, KSB (still a damn good fight with Cub) and maybe even Ortega work their way into position for a title fight.

This is in terms of dudes he hasn't fought yet.

Last edited:
If Max washes Chad and Frankie, he's the GOAT in that division not named McGregor (only because Connor has removed himself from fighting).

how embarrassing is it for the UFC that most fighter's use their celebratory speech to mention their pay?  How you a professional sports franchise and the 30 sec- 1 min your fighters get on a mic, they have to mention how little you bother to pay them. Think about this, Max been waiting his whole career to win that belt and one of the first things he mentions is getting paid...somethings gotta give

Last edited:
I wonder how the business is doing to be honest and I wonder how the investment is looking for the ownership group

I have to imagine they're doing everything in their power to get the Floyd deal done so they can get a quick pay day off that

Besides the boxing thing, I feel like the business they are getting now was perhaps built largely upon the golden years they had with Ronda and Conor, meaning those fans may not be around much longer. Those two definitely took the organization to a new tier but with both gone from the picture, who knows 

What I mean to say is I wouldn't be surprised if the new ownership group continued to play hard ball with their fighters because they want to recoup as much money as possible for their investment. Owners haven't even personally met with many of the fighters all the way up to now, they most likely don't care about them at all

they are losing the casual fan base's money and media attention that came with the circus that was ronda and conor
jones is talented but he isn't going to bring that type of following
WME got tons of money, so i don't think they even care. that 4B was a drop in the bucket. they made a ridiculous bid knowing nobody was going to match
i would not be surprised if their mindset is...we are turning a profit, not huge, but as long as we are making money and can pay these guys peanuts, why not. can always replace disgruntled fighters with someone else

how embarrassing is it for the UFC that most fighter's use their celebratory speech to mention their pay? How you a professional sports franchise and the 30 sec- 1 min your fighters get on a mic, they have to mention how little you bother to pay them. Think about this, Max been waiting his whole career to win that belt and one of the first things he mentions is getting paid...somethings gotta give

i mentioned that after the fight. it's pathetic how the ufc runs things

Last edited:
I wonder how the business is doing to be honest and I wonder how the investment is looking for the ownership group

I have to imagine they're doing everything in their power to get the Floyd deal done so they can get a quick pay day off that

Besides the boxing thing, I feel like the business they are getting now was perhaps built largely upon the golden years they had with Ronda and Conor, meaning those fans may not be around much longer. Those two definitely took the organization to a new tier but with both gone from the picture, who knows 

What I mean to say is I wouldn't be surprised if the new ownership group continued to play hard ball with their fighters because they want to recoup as much money as possible for their investment. Owners haven't even personally met with many of the fighters all the way up to now, they most likely don't care about them at all

I don't think they can do anything to get the Floyd deal done. It's all on floyds demands and I doubt Conor will play ball with his long list of demands.

The fight won't happen

This dj thing got me thinking to when all the fighters would say "I fight whoever the ufc puts in front of me" or "I don't pick my fights" and now the champs wanna take only "money fights" or use opponents as leverage for more money or to speak out. Times have changed

Last edited:
Having fighters beg the promoter for a bonus in the post fight interview is very gross. Even if it's deserved. The organisation needs to address that.

If you're fighter getting underpaid you need to **** on that fact rather than beg for a bonus imo.

Max always shouts for 50k but he's gotta realise he's beyond that now. He should have the clout to negotiate a deal where he gets an additional 50k if he finishes his opponent.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/6/6...s-a-chickens-t-move-to-bail-out-of-this-fight

Tj went all out yesterday on dj... you know what dj and tj both brought up good points

Not gonna lie

I thought dj was definitely protecting his streak when this whole incident kicked off. However dj deserves a red panty pay day no matter who he fights so I understand his position

At the same time you calling yourself the goat and saying tj doesn't deserve a shot, but borg of all people deserve one? Come on breh. If Dana offers you the cash and you don't take the tj fight it looks bad

Last edited:
DJ has the right to call his shots as the king of that division. He's fought every single person they put in front of him.

He does have the right. He'd still look funny in my eyes if he was offered a solid pay check and still didn't fight tj

Can't call yourself the goat imo

You guys got to stop with this Fighter X is scared od Fighter Y stuff.

Dana wants DJ to fight TJ and if TJ misses weight, Borg will replace him. That's such an absurd proposition. Who is DJ supposed to be training for? It's not like DJ is defending his title for the first time. This is your guy, you're treatinf like trash solely for the chance at booking TJ vs. Cody, Champion vs. Champion :smh:

And DJ didn't even wantto fight Ray Borg, he wanted Sergio Pettis.

Last edited:
DJ has the right to call his shots as the king of that division. He's fought every single person they put in front of him.

Well yeah, a division he's basically cleaned out and no one of interest for him to fight.

You guys got to stop with this Fighter X is scared od Fighter Y stuff.

Dana wants DJ to fight TJ and if TJ misses weight, Borg will replace him. That's such an absurd proposition. Who is DJ supposed to be training for? It's not like DJ is defending his title for the first time. This is your guy, you're treatinf like trash solely for the chance at booking TJ vs. Cody, Champion vs. Champion :smh:

And DJ didn't even wantto fight Ray Borg, he wanted Sergio Pettis.
In no way shape or form is dj scared of freakin tj dillashaw

However I think you can't call yourself the goat and refuse to fight tj if you're being offered a certain pay. Again, Dana seems to refuse to pay dj so I don't blame dj for holding out on this match

As far as preparing for tj and borg at the same time, that's a bunch of rubbish. If tj doesn't make weight then dj doesn't have to fight borg instead. Just because a guys never competed at a lower weight doesn't mean anything. Tj isn't the type that scares me in terms of dropping however I've said many times if he doesn't plan to stay at 125 then he needs to sit down and shut up

I don't think it's unfair to also say dj is protecting his streak. If you're gonna put tj in there instead of pettis or borg then he deserves to be paid. I don't care if it's pettis or borg both aren't on tjs level

Dillashaw walking at 143 doesn't mean he can make 125 whatsoever. The issue that DJ is getting at is why book a guy that has never made weight at 125 let alone has a fight for a title shot. I get that he worked his way back to a title shot at 135, but that doesn't mean anything at 125. Especially when a large part of the title shot is established beef between him and the champ/champ's camp. They should have Dillashaw rematch Cruz if anything and the winner fights neck tat douche if his back ever heals.

If they force it anyway, I can only hope it happens in California under the new weight cutting rules. Would be awesome to see TJ disqualified for not complying with the rules before the fight even happens.

Remember when DJ said he'd love to move up for a shot at the 135lb title? Dana said he should stay at 125 and smash the record to the point that it can be broken again before considering a move. Time changed pretty quickly to trying to muscle DJ into taking a lame fight or removing the division altogether.

I read a pretty good point recently about all of this. Odds are DJ's non-compliance gets the division mixed even if he wins, ironic considering they made a season of TUF on it and it was arguably the best season they've made as far as skilled competitive fights go. Other side is if TJ somehow makes weight and wins, he'll move back up to 135 and never defend. This would also let Dana nix the division altogether.

This thing is a disaster just because the UFC is turning tricks.

Between that, middle weight and the female FW division, it just seems like a poorly ran operation.

They need to figure out what their focus is, minimize operating costs and maximize licensing.

I knew they gave zero damns about that whole division when they let Horiguchi go.

If they're not going to compensate DJ to fight TJ, make the Borg fight, let him break the streak, fold the division and at that point he either goes to 135 or retires.

Back
Top Bottom