The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

The finger to the lips after the TKO. My goodness
Watched the fight again today and had forgotten just how lopsided the beat down was . Rhonda didn't appear to even get in one significant strike. That vid with Edmond saying "Head movement" over and over also never gets old.

Holly headkicking her to hell was on tv last night. Kinda sucks for holm and nunes, they beat down ugly honda but still don’t get that much shine. Meanwhile honda is in wwe now and probably getting paid better than them.

Holly headkicking her to hell was on tv last night. Kinda sucks for holm and nunes, they beat down ugly honda but still don’t get that much shine. Meanwhile honda is in wwe now and probably getting paid better than them.
probably? shes getting paid in a year what these chicks will be lucky to make in their entire career

Holly hasn’t done her self many favors by her fight selection, results, etc.

Someone in here posted about the ufc missing the boat on Nunes tho and I couldn’t agree more. A world champion who happens to also be a homosexual.. should be pushing that down all our throats. Instead Dana’s MAGA *** would rather promote Colby’s nonsense

Ronda's check off her wwe merchandise alone is probably more than what yhe girls fight purse are for the yr

outside of conor, ufc arent going past that 1m ppv buy again. not even sure if Dc/jones would do that. think they did 800k previous two fights

Last edited:
Hawaii News Now published a piece Friday that included clips from what the station said is a 10-minute video captured by a witness on a cell phone, who started recording in the dark. In the video, Berdon allegedly can be heard threatening to kill Ostovich and, later, a nude Ostovich can be seen escaping their home down a veranda.

“I’m going to murder you,” Berdon allegedly could be heard saying. “I’m going to f*cking murder you.”

How is this piece of **** gonna plead not guilty? I guess what other choice do you have when you’re heard saying “I’m gonna murder you”

damn supposedly theres a video of her hopping out the 2nd floor butt naked escaping after the attack :wow:

warmachine status

not looking good for dood

Ronda's check off her wwe merchandise alone is probably more than what yhe girls fight purse are for the yr

outside of conor, ufc arent going past that 1m ppv buy again. not even sure if Dc/jones would do that. think they did 800k previous two fights

Could not agree more. Without Conor, no card will touch 1m

Could not agree more. Without Conor, no card will touch 1m

i dont know if they will be ditching the old PPV model with the espn deal, but I assume even with 300k buys, ufc still makes money at the expense of the fighters
still cant believe they allowed nunes/pennington to headline a PPV :lol:

i dont know if they will be ditching the old PPV model with the espn deal, but I assume even with 300k buys, ufc still makes money at the expense of the fighters
still cant believe they allowed nunes/pennington to headline a PPV :lol:

Shame what majority of these fighters are paid

They could reduce down to four big tent pole PPVs. The New Years, Fourth of July, MSG and another.

They really should have a lower operating budget.

Jones has balls man. It seems like GUS is washed, but he gave Jones a hard time. However, Jones takes it for his first fight back?

Jon wants to silence all the haters who said Gus won in the first fight. Jon said he was living his best life lol.

We’ve never seen a talent like this. Do lines, go beat Cormier. Party all the time, beat Gus in a decision.

I want to see him dismantle Gus. Then move up to HW.

Wouldn’t be mad if he stayed at LHW but it feels like that division is in a transition with some infusion of young talent like Smith, Santos, Blachowicz (sp), etc.

abf3f6d4-e0f7-4a7d-a873-a697b2641cb5-jpeg.492253

solid card, looking forward to this one.

Last edited:
No idea how anyone thinks Gus won. Yeah it was close but Jones clearly won the 5th round

Revisionist history.

Umm. Jones vs Gus moved to LA?? jones tested again for trace amounts of the same substance as his last suspension. Vegas won’t sanction it but LA will.

Umm. Jones vs Gus moved to LA?? jones tested again for trace amounts of the same substance as his last suspension. Vegas won’t sanction it but LA will.
What in the. I'm in LA visiting home for the holiday, gonna see if it's worth going

LAS VEGAS – A Jon Jones drug testing abnormality has caused the UFC to move Saturday’s UFC 232 event from Las Vegas to Southern California.

A drug test earlier this month found a trace amount of Chlorodehydromethyltestosterone (DHCMT), or turinabol, in Jones’ system. That’s the same substance Jones tested positive for in 2017 that led to the 15-month suspension he recently was cleared from in order to fight this week.

But because the Nevada State Athletic Commission does not have proper time to investigate in order to keep Jones cleared to fight at UFC 232 in Las Vegas, the promotion is moving the entire event to The Forum in Inglewood, Calif., just outside Los Angeles, UFC President Dana White today told MMAjunkie in Las Vegas.

The California State Athletic Commission will approve a license for Jones (22-1 MMA, 16-1 UFC) to fight Alexander Gustafsson (18-4 MMA, 10-4 UFC) in the main event, and the entire card will move from T-Mobile Arena in “Sin City” to The Forum.

UFC VP of Athlete Health and Performance Jeff Novitzky said Jones’ positive test is not a violation. He said USADA, in consultation with other organizations, believes the test is a “pulsing” effect and not a new ingestion of the substance that he tested positive for after a UFC 214 win over Daniel Cormier in July 2017.

Novitzky described the amount of turinabol metabolites in Jones’ system in low “picogram” levels.

“A picogram is a one-trillionth of a gram,” Novitzky said. “If you put one grain of salt on the table and split it up into 50 million pieces, a picogram is one of those pieces of that gram of salt. These levels have shown up in the single and double digits of picograms – so such a small amount.”

The NSAC issued a statement to MMAjunkie saying it has allowed Jones to withdraw his fight license application in Nevada so he can fight in California – and that Jones will appear in front of the commission in January.

Back
Top Bottom