The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Does Dana and the UFC just ****ing announce fights hoping it sticks? There’s been numerous occasions where a fight is announced and then the fighter comes out and say “I never agreed to it” or even “it’s never been discussed”
They do it to put pressure on the fighters involved, it's a cheap way to goad a fighter into a fight they might not want for whatever reason.

They do it to put pressure on the fighters involved, it's a cheap way to goad a fighter into a fight they might not want for whatever reason.

this. if you aren't taking this fight, i'll have someone else who is willing to take this fight or slot
all these ufc fighters willing to tweet out that they'd take a fight

it's sad that ufc fighters have to call out their fights or beg for a bonus after a match

this. if you aren't taking this fight, i'll have someone else who is willing to take this fight or slot
all these ufc fighters willing to tweet out that they'd take a fight

it's sad that ufc fighters have to call out their fights or beg for a bonus after a match
Yup. Ufc sells stories not fights. The days of skill vs skill is over becuase they know that’s not what sells tickets. It’s why jones and lessner still fight. It’s why Connor got a crack at the belt after not fighting for more than a year. The fighters know this too. They see Conor is paid becuase of what he did. They all want that now

Is the “champ champ” route going to be sustainable with the UFC model? It just seems like if you don’t fight on Dana’s terms you will be stripped of one of them. I think without injury a champ should defend the belt twice in a year at the very least. 4 bouts is a lot to ask of a fighter

It’s not sustainable. See Conor and DC.

The UFC PPVs thrive on championship or big fights (Silva/Diaz, McGregor/Diaz 2).

DC defended the LHW title in January. They stripping him 11 months later.

It’s why they let RDA/Covington fight for the interim title despite Woodley’s activity.

The bottom line is all they care about. If it benefits the UFC, they’re all in. If not, take your turbinol (sp) and go home.

^the bottom line for 2018 was really bad
2019 isn't looking too promising
DC may have a couple fights left. him leaving would be a hit because he would at the very least be able to draw numbers with jones, stipe, brock.
dana wishes he can get conor 3 fights a year. he'll be lucky to get him 1x in 2019.
khabib may be the champ, but i am not sure he can main event a ppv and draw 750k. is he suspended? does conor wait for him to be back?
dana and his beef with woodley :smh:

^the bottom line for 2018 was really bad
2019 isn't looking too promising
DC may have a couple fights left. him leaving would be a hit because he would at the very least be able to draw numbers with jones, stipe, brock.
dana wishes he can get conor 3 fights a year. he'll be lucky to get him 1x in 2019.
khabib may be the champ, but i am not sure he can main event a ppv and draw 750k. is he suspended? does conor wait for him to be back?
dana and his beef with woodley :smh:
Crazy to say but I can see Khabib giving the finger to Dana white and stepping away from the UFC. Dude is a living god in his home country so money ain’t a thing no more

trippin, 2018 was off the chain

khabib boring anyway, he can walk its not like it would be a devastating loss to the UFC, hes not a big PPV seller (Aside from conor, i don't think he's even headlined a PPV) its not like he's a super exciting much watch fighter, its not like he's this charismatic affable guy either....dude is just really fu cking great at grappling, thats pretty much it.

Hell id rather watch Lando or Jason Knight fight to be honest

The exhange between woodley and usman was sad on so many levels

Woodley gets it

Usman trying to force a fight like he ain’t know that woodley needs to sign too. Saying defend or vacate like woodley ain’t just fight in September

The exhange between woodley and usman was sad on so many levels

Woodley gets it

Usman trying to force a fight like he ain’t know that woodley needs to sign too. Saying defend or vacate like woodley ain’t just fight in September
Trying to get a paycheck he don’t deserve and create a rivalry that never was lol

Should be common sense that Woodley is very smart and very calculated in his approach. Guy takes very little damage and has a great game plan for every opponent. I don’t see Usman, Colby, Askren being a huge challenge to him and I don’t think he does either. So he can act calm and let everyone else that feels they have to “sell” the fight, or their name, waste energy doing such. He is slowly becoming my favorite fighter

Should be common sense that Woodley is very smart and very calculated in his approach. Guy takes very little damage and has a great game plan for every opponent. I don’t see Usman, Colby, Askren being a huge challenge to him and I don’t think he does either. So he can act calm and let everyone else that feels they have to “sell” the fight, or their name, waste energy doing such. He is slowly becoming my favorite fighter

ben askren is a good friend of his. i think he openly said he would not fight him
woodley not even trying to entertain usman :lol:

Usman marching to Dana's drum :smh:

He won't care until he's on the other side of the equation :smh:. But I guess you can't tell a dude who's hungry anything, he's just looking at that title and the paydays that come with it

Honestly don't think he has anything for Woodley tho

Usman marching to Dana's drum :smh:
this uncle dana's show

you either get down or lay down dawg

dana the real life UFC don, u got sean shelby & the other matchmakers as the acting caporegime, conor mcgregor and jon jones are made men and the rest are all soldiers :lol:

“Weight is good,” Dillashaw said. “I’m ahead of schedule. Very excited about that. Wakin’ up light.

“Everyone wants me to go to featherweight and fight Max. I would love to. But look, one step at a time. Let’s run through Cejudo first then Max can be next. [I can] be the first one to ever go for three belts.”

At that weight he’s die. Cutting is bad enough as is. He’s have to weigh in while in a self induced coma :lol:

Saw this on MMAFighting. Predict who will be the champions on January 4th, 2020. I'll start

Mens
Flyweight: defunct
Bantamweight: TJ Dillashaw
Featherweight: Max Holloway
Lightweight: Tony Ferguson
Welterweight: Tyron Woodley
Middleweight: Kelvin Gastelum
Light Heavyweight:Jon Jones
Heavyweight: Stipe Miocic

Women's
Strawweight: Tatiana Suarez
Flyweight: Valentina Shevchenko
Bantamweight: Amanda Nunes
Featherweight: defunct

Other random predictions:
-The DC vs Brock fight doesn't happen. If it does, it won't be for the title as by the time Brock is cleared to fight, DC would have been stripped
-Which leads me to my next point. Cain finishes Francis in convincing fashion and we finally get the Stipe vs Cain fight
-I believe Max eventually will drop the FW title and moves up to LW, I don't think it happens in 2019
-Mens Flyweight and women's featherweight will both be closed
-I believe Askren finishes Robbie, thus leading to a 165 lb belt. WW gets moved to 175 lbs.

Back
Top Bottom