The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

I think its a good fight.

Aldo definitely has shown to have problems with height x reach no doubt...I thought he did good against the long moicano....he stayed on the outside this fight, didnt stay in the pocket too long...looked like a different aldo.

I think T-city took more than a beating against max, I believe his stand up got exposed....not in the sense it is weak or suspect, but moreso he's still very basic, amateur at best. He falling in love with his BOXING too much, he's not much of a puncher so when he goes up against high level boxers with a good punch, he's going to loose that battle 11/10. Can't just be out there boxing in the UFC with pillow fists....look at pettis.....

Aldo that boxer puncher, he gonna make the reads in T-citys hand game and pick him apart because he also knows he's young and relatively new to boxing....you gotta remember dawg aldo about AS seasoned/experienced as it gets when it comes to not only MMA, but BOXING too...aldo been working with high level boxers for a LONG time now, Mikey/Robert Garcia, Cuban national team...etc....the best. Brians still a baby when it comes to his boxing chops..

lol and I'd buy t-city 2 beers if could not only get aldo down, but hold him there.

I think its a good fight for aldo, tough fight for brian....but he prolly gonna take it cuz he's a tough kid.

Nah for sure, very good chance that Aldo will give him problems standing.

The only reason I hesitate to call it for Aldo is that we saw Ortega take every shot Max had, and he still came back and hurt Max in the 3rd. And Aldo can’t keep up the pace Max does for 5 rounds, or 3 even.

Considering that Ortega has a good shot at going the distance at least, there’s always that chance that Aldo gets caught with something when he slows down, or T-City catches his neck, or both. But it’s definitely an interesting fight.

Nah for sure, very good chance that Aldo will give him problems standing.

The only reason I hesitate to call it for Aldo is that we saw Ortega take every shot Max had, and he still came back and hurt Max in the 3rd. And Aldo can’t keep up the pace Max does for 5 rounds, or 3 even.

Considering that Ortega has a good shot at going the distance at least, there’s always that chance that Aldo gets caught with something when he slows down, or T-City catches his neck, or both. But it’s definitely an interesting fight.
Ortega might really have CTE from that Max fight tho

That's crazy. I remember buggin out when Kobe used to tuck his warm ups in like MJ and had the same walk and run and mannerisms.

Think I’m taking KG over Rob this weekend. Robs a beast just thinking Gastelum might land flush more than once. Maybe not a knockout but I see a knockdown or 2. What was robs latest injury? Hand? Expecting a good fight

I remember buggin out when Kobe used to tuck his warm ups in like MJ and had the same walk and run and mannerisms.

[OFF-TOPIC]
You typing this out made me realize that might be one of the reasons I never liked Kobe. He never seemed organic.

Curious to see the Fabian Edwards (Leon's brother) hype on the Bellator card on Saturday, his opponent is a vet and a nice test

UFC card is beyond trash

Looks like Josie looked up and found out who Alexander Volkanovski was :lol:

“We want him to fight Alexander Volkanovski, the guy who knocked out Chad Mendes, the guy who is the best ranked,” Pederneiras said when speaking on Confraria da Porrada. “In fact, it is the following: we have a dream to dispute the title, which is difficult. So we have the dream of our last fight to get there."

Sad that his pops passed, and doesn't sound like he's in a great place. This has been one of my most anticipated fights for a long time

“It’s horrible. I’ve never been put in this situation before,” Page told MMAjunkie. “I actually don’t know if taking the fight is even the right decision or the wrong decision. I just feel like I need to have this fight.

“I feel like he would want me to have this fight. He was equally excited about seeing the fight. It’s hard to know whether I’m doing the right thing or the wrong thing.”

Understandably, Michael Page is having a difficult time coping with the loss of his father — even though he’s physically on point in the gym.

“Physically, in the gym, I’ve felt amazing. (But) mentally, I don’t know where I have been,” Page said. “It’s only recently that I’ve felt a little bit more like myself and been able to enjoy life a little bit again.

“I’ve never been put in this situation before, so it’s been very difficult. I’ll let you know after the fight. Ask me again then.”

Sucks to hear about Michael Page’s pops. Definitely takes a little off of the fight.

And I know him and Daley got real heat, Daley even alluded to his pops before in a not so complimentary way, but hopefully Daley tries to keep it somewhat civil based on the circumstance.

Khabib not fighting until end of the year?!? He also believes an Interim fight between Dustin and Tony could be happening https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/2/...tin-poirier-will-fight-for-interim-title-next

While I'd like to see that fight I don't want it to be for an interim, they should just have it headline a non-PPV card so it can be 5 rounds. Maybe Tony will get the chance to win his interim belt back smh...

Tony should only be fighting Khabib next. I get Tony needs to make money and will fight whoever they put in front of him, but he deserves that title shot.

Sucks to hear about Michael Page’s pops. Definitely takes a little off of the fight.

And I know him and Daley got real heat, Daley even alluded to his pops before in a not so complimentary way, but hopefully Daley tries to keep it somewhat civil based on the circumstance.
he will. thats a line no true warrior would cross. if he did and MVP illegally knees or footstomps his head the crowd will cheer

I’d have no issue w Poirier v Tony for interm title. Should already know khabib only fights 2 maybe 3 times a year. Last time khabib did 3 fights in a year was 2013. Already know Dana not gonna wait. Both tony and Dustin deserving imo

Last edited:
I’m good with that fight. Not mad at interim title implications.

Between Tony and Khabib, it’s tough to get them consistently active through the year.

Back
Top Bottom