The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

I've never really been compelled to buy celebrity endorsed alcohol.

I once bought a bottle of ciroc for a friend, that's about it.

Y'all be sipping that D'usse, Ace of spades, Virginia black. French vanilla?

Brooklyn's finest

2018101611_widow_jane_aged_10_years_email_original.png

Dusse isn’t terrible. I had it at Barclays during one of the fights because they didn’t have many if any other options for a swig of brown with my beer.

As far as Conor tho, I gotta wonder how dude's story plays out. After the money and the fame dude just seems all over the place.

But he might as well retire tbh, he's never gonna be the same fighter again.

I think once Conor's legal situation is somewhat cleared up he returns to the UFC. He doesn't seem like the smartest money manager and I'm sure pride will also come into play upon his return. He could fight guys like Nate, Holloway, Poirier, Cowboy or Pettis who are mostly known to stand and do a million PPV buys.

My money is on Conor returning end of 2020 for Nate trilogy. Needs all his legal mess to settle. And likely will need a little payday after some legal fees

Legit question, has there been a difference of perception in the public eye between Conor’s **** ups vs Jon Jones’ **** ups?

Besides the allegations floating out there, it’s not really an apples to oranges thing.

Until things clear up with the Ireland accusations than The Hit and Run and “PED” seem to have marred JBJ’s reputation more.

Ultimately no one cares about the DUI and recreational activities JBJ partakes in...just the amount of time he has lost in the cage. Jon will always be regarded as the best pound for pound fighter with no losses and he knows how to respond to circumstances of adversity/pressure in the cage (Vitor, Gus and Chael fights).

Or are you alluding to their color and the double standard Americans tend to take?

Besides the allegations floating out there, it’s not really an apples to oranges thing.

Until things clear up with the Ireland accusations than The Hit and Run and “PED” seem to have marred JBJ’s reputation more.

Ultimately no one cares about the DUI and recreational activities JBJ partakes in...just the amount of time he has lost in the cage. Jon will always be regarded as the best pound for pound fighter with no losses and he knows how to respond to circumstances of adversity/pressure in the cage (Vitor, Gus and Chael fights).

Or are you alluding to their color and the double standard Americans tend to take?
don't mean to turn this into a race bait discussion, but it always bothers me when black and white athletes essentially do the same thing but are perceived so differently. What does Mayweather do that Conor doesn't? But the hate for Floyd is infinitely worse than Conor.

don't mean to turn this into a race bait discussion, but it always bothers me when black and white athletes essentially do the same thing but are perceived so differently. What does Mayweather do that Conor doesn't? But the hate for Floyd is infinitely worse than Conor.

Domestic violence is pretty bad plus floyd builds up his fight persona to be the villain and hated.

The irish rapist fella definitely has white priviledge going on but the bus incident is the worse thing he’s done up until these new allegations of rape and assault.

PRE-APPOLOGIES FOR GOING OFF MMA-Topic

Fun goofy guy vs lack of discipline thug.
Smh

100% bro.

I always find it so annoying, for lack of a better word, when I hear the terms race-baiting etc applied to very obvious parallels. And the part that almost always kills me is if you don't point it out first they will surely take it there as shown below...

SoleCollector Comment Section on the BBB Folding said:
Lol. Another black owned business that didn’t work. Incompetent people.

But, yeah we're the race baiters for making logical & REASONABLE connections between events that occur frequently.

The irish rapist fella definitely has white priviledge going on but the bus incident is the worse thing he’s done up until these new allegations of rape and assault.

There's also that thing where completely bashes an entire group of people versus keeping the trash talk aimed at that individual.

I am no Conor supporter. His comments about other ethnicities may just be pre-fight selling tactics, but there’s no place in the world for that nonsense.

In terms of him vs JBJ or Mayweather, it isn’t close at this exact second. JBJ hit a pregnant woman and ran away from the scene. Floyd beat a woman.

If Conor did what he is being investigated for - he tops both of those dudes, absolutely. Disgusting and deserves to rot in jail for the rest of his life.

Would love to hear what y’all think of Kobe, on this topic?

Back
Top Bottom