The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

what a great night of fights, max aint big enough for 155. what a chin though. whats with the khabib hate? poirier impressed me but unfortunately will get mauled by khabib. no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Dustin girl stacked af. Someone drop them pics
giphy.gif

what a great night of fights, max aint big enough for 155. what a chin though. whats with the khabib hate? poirier impressed me but unfortunately will get mauled by khabib. no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

nah, max couldn't **** with his weight too much cause he still has to drop down to 145. if he abandons that weight class and committs to 155, he'll look bigger and carry a bit more pop. doesn't he already walk around close to 180?

if khabib wants to stand and strike and prove some kind of point, he may get caught
i think he'll maul him and finish the fight

My predictions were off today. I picked Max and Kelvin to win, but props to Dustin and Stylebender. Him vs Whittaker is going to be crazy.

the commentary alluded to it the whole fight... max was significantly smaller. I feel like he would be a problem if he fully committed to 55, though.Build his frame a little more. Still my favorite fighter

also dustin's wife was appreciated: hat

I had draw or split for max.

Most likely Dustin got a 10-8 rd 1, but a 10-9 rd 2. Max applied pressure rd 3-4, and edged the final round. That’ll make it 47-47.

I honestly can’t see how judges scored 49-46 UNANIMOUSLY..... I can’t be too mad tho and I’m super proud how max performed at one of the most dangerous divisions. He’ll be back, his humbleness and ability to accept a loss makes him a true champion at heart.

max had his chance to seize the fight going into the fourth but for whatever reason, he just didnt

dont feel like size matters as much as others, i dont think the size disadvantage prevented him from turning it up in the 4th and 5th

I’m a hella superstitious person.

I told my girl when Max came out that he was a going to lose. He was wearing tights when he usually wears shorts and he walks out to a rap song before it mixes into his Hawaiian song but he had it vice versa. Lol.

But to the actual fight. I love that Max really focuses on body shots. Not many fighters even in boxing like to target the body. Dustin has good cardio himself so he was able to deal with the damage. Max might be a little too small and not have enough power for lightweight. He has alligator arms for being almost 6 foot smh. But at the same time he pretty much cleaned out featherweight, so not sure what his next move should be.

I had draw or split for max.

Most likely Dustin got a 10-8 rd 1, but a 10-9 rd 2. Max applied pressure rd 3-4, and edged the final round. That’ll make it 47-47.

I honestly can’t see how judges scored 49-46 UNANIMOUSLY..... I can’t be too mad tho and I’m super proud how max performed at one of the most dangerous divisions. He’ll be back, his humbleness and ability to accept a loss makes him a true champion at heart.
Yeah I'm not seeing a 49 - 46 decision. Should've been a draw with Max slightly edging him out

if khabib wants to stand and strike and prove some kind of point, he may get caught
i think he'll maul him and finish the fight

I get that khabib is not a technical striker but I think he can go strike for strike with most of the division. pair that up with his unmatched (shoutout DC) wrestling IQ is what's gotten him his success.

Israel and Whittaker gonna be damn interesting. Only gets tougher for Israel. But god damn he proved himself. Still cant get over that round 5 performance.

Love Khabib but he’s tripping Poirier beat Max thoroughly

Hype to already know when the next fight will be though

diamond :pimp:

uncle dana really aint tryna give dustin no credit in any of the post fight talks, damn cold game...dustin basically foiled the company's plan for a super fight between max vs khabib & hurt max's rising stock. Seems like dana and the company had a lot riding on max going into this fight....

but boy did dustin tune max's face up, somewhere in california i KNOW ortega is smiling.

Stylebender went SSJ3 in that 5th round tonight man, remind me of jones vs gus 1.....

stylebender passes ANOTHER test, this was a big one for him, his biggest and he did it in spectacular fashion....dood is as he claims, I believe him lol he rises to the challenge.....kinda reminds me of a certain someone maybe? :nerd:

the run is officially underway, i was a witness tonight for another showing....going to be a fun ride :smokin

BEST main/co-main EVER, the overall card was FLAMES...cats in the building got a real treat tonight

respect to all them doods putting it on the line out there...nuts!

Back
Top Bottom